Home

Lunging attacks/chasing mechanics idea

This is a discussion on Lunging attacks/chasing mechanics idea within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lunging attacks/chasing mechanics idea

Would be good if EA could add some kind of lunging attack or simply a mechanic that allows you to move forward faster if you choose in the next game. To balance it out, they would cost more stamina than normal attacks,you could have a lower blocking window or the opponent could have a higher counter window if it's a lunging attack. What I mean by lunging attack is if the fighter could sort of take a step in and then throw the attack. I've thought about this because the fighter always stops when he throws strikes and this could possibly be something fighters with shorter reach could use or if you just want to play an aggressive style.

I think this would improve the standup a lot if something like this was added imo. I'm interested to see what you guys think about this, whether you agree, disagree or would have your own twist on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: Lunging attacks/chasing mechanics idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
Would be good if EA could add some kind of lunging attack or simply a mechanic that allows you to move forward faster if you choose in the next game. To balance it out, they would cost more stamina than normal attacks,you could have a lower blocking window or the opponent could have a higher counter window if it's a lunging attack. What I mean by lunging attack is if the fighter could sort of take a step in and then throw the attack. I've thought about this because the fighter always stops when he throws strikes and this could possibly be something fighters with shorter reach could use or if you just want to play an aggressive style.

I think this would improve the standup a lot if something like this was added imo. I'm interested to see what you guys think about this, whether you agree, disagree or would have your own twist on it.

Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
3. FWD DASH:
Click LS fwd.
Is a normal fwd dash with full stand animation.
+ Boost strikes speed
+ gives GA
+ can be stopped any time by Block into Blocking state

4. FWD OFFENSIVE DASH:
L1 + click LS fwd.
Is a dive (crouch, lunge animation). Myke Tyson style by lighting dive toward the opponent with follow up strike.
+ has crouch phase in mid of animation for 10-15 frames window = evade high strikes (head is going under them) = High crush.
+ has 50% longer range than standard
+ boosted strike strength (dmg MP because of omentum)
- can not be stopped at all (impossible) by Block > is very dangerous to meet upcoming Mid or low strike)
- getting increased damage MP if received hit during it because of momentum
- cost more Stamina than standard
= this is a “Run” button, it must to be used when opponent is ready for Finish the fight state (health event) or for counter against opponent’s Head strike.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html
Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Very good, in depth post. I saw your post about becoming a GC and I definitely think you should be in there. Excellent detail in your threads.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
Very good, in depth post. I saw your post about becoming a GC and I definitely think you should be in there. Excellent detail in your threads.
I hope too, because it will make much easier (more direct) feedback with devs and more inside info to operate with for new ideas.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
Pro

Perhaps Im doing it wrong... but when I use L1 to dash, it looks exactly the same as not using L1...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Perhaps Im doing it wrong... but when I use L1 to dash, it looks exactly the same as not using L1...
yes, because you are playing in EA UFC 2, not EA UFC 3
Old 12-04-2016, 05:44 PM   #7
Pro

My bad for thinking that was for this game aha

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »