Home

All Jokes aside, what's the people's issue with body shots?

This is a discussion on All Jokes aside, what's the people's issue with body shots? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: All Jokes aside, what's the people's issue with body shots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I wasn't aware of that. That's awsome to hear. I never noticed it, because i never got around to playing that game much, only rented it a few times and played with my buddy some stand-up only matches. It was like 4-5 years ago and i was a complete MMA noob, but that game got me into MMA, even though i didn't buy it, i had it rented for like a month or two.
Oh yeah I miss that. Basically, fighter movesets changed whenever you entered "phone booth range". Some very sneaky undercuts (like an uppercut but more straight than curved) and some karate-like close range low kicks and knees to the body. Good times
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #66
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Haz is in here speaking truth. When you go against people who aren't trying to game the game and relying on gimmicks, you can have some awesome, competitive fights. Unfortunately, a lot of people online want to win at any cost. It is what it is, but let's not act like it's within the spirit of the sport.

I fought a guy last night who was walking me down throwing jab, straight combos for the whole fight. I used a ton of head movement, circling and countered as much as possible. Despite him throwing like an idiot and expending a lot of energy, he was able to do this for 3 rounds and rocked me a couple of times due to him being good at using the parry. I got the win in the end, but it was foolishness. No creativity in his strikes, just an annoying tactic that he's mastered. I could've grabbed him or taken him down, but that's not my style. All but 1 of his wins were by knockout. Not surprised.

Lentz with almost 500 strikes in 3 round fight, sweet
Old 12-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #67
Pro

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with the combos you said, yet people still claim it's spam and cheese.

It's just normal combos that include hooks and uppercats to the body, which happens to be the clean spot to hit.

In real life, you wouldn't get opportunities to unload those combos, which is why they don't happen, but the game's blocking allows for such combos to exist.

Other than the 1-2 machine gun combo i don't see any issue with body punches, yet most people lose their mind over it.
Uh what? Practically all my combos are realistic and Im sure have been done easily irl... I dont sit there going hook uppercut straight etc to the body lol, I mix in body shots with my head shots. I want to knock yu the **** out, not abuse how easy body punches are to land and get rocks off of lol
Old 12-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaNe_AraBB
What did I "hardcore spam" exactly? When someone gets easily intimidated and has their finger glued to the R1 button for high block...WTF do you expect for me to strike?

You've been hating on me since the first day I've been posting on this forum anyway...everytime people like you get outsmarted on the feet or on the ground, you call it SPAM.
Aha I fought and beat your ***, I remember because you rocked me and all I seen was 1-2 spam mixing between head and body hoping for another rock/ko lol
Old 12-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #69
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Uh what? Practically all my combos are realistic and Im sure have been done easily irl... I dont sit there going hook uppercut straight etc to the body lol, I mix in body shots with my head shots. I want to knock yu the **** out, not abuse how easy body punches are to land and get rocks off of lol
What are you on about? I didn't get that.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
What are you on about? I didn't get that.
Those combos can and do happen irl, they also work in the game. Ive never had anyone say my combos are spam or cheese either..

People think anything over 3-4 is usually cheese, but the speed at which body punches are thrown, on too of the fact you can move forward due to them almost lunging you with the punch, unless you werent as close as possible, or theyblock/dash back, you can almost follow them throwing constant body punches
Old 12-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #71
Rookie

Being an ex fighter and anyone who has fought in whatever combat sport will attest that nothing hurts like a shot to the liver or solar plexus! You can get cracked dead on the chin and dropped and you honestly don't feel a thing, but body shots are a whole different story.I have no problem with the players who throw the body jab and straight non stop but in real life no fighter is throwing that combo non stop like that lol though winging left and right hooks is a very real combo. I have only been playing the game 6 months and got turned on to it by my youngest son who is a Greco college wrestler and who has been playing video games since he was 3. To be honest I don't enjoy playing against him when he comes home on a break as he is relentless with that 1-2 to the stomach and his fingers move like a machine and to add insult to injury he can parry like he is protected by a force field. He got mad at me the week he came home for Thanksgiving because I told him there was no technique in what he was doing and he got all insulted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #72
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I am not a fighter and haven't been in a long lasting real fight where anybody was required to separate us.

But i was messing around with my buddies back then and once a short chubby kid was mad at me for some reason and you know we did the classic pose where he got to my face screaming ****, to which all i did was laugh at him, since he was like 2 heads shorter than me and unathletic and out of the blue he threw a knee to my liver that immidietly shut me down and from memory, i remember my musceles failing me and instantly grabbing my belly instictively after that shot and i was unable to do much other than clinch him and hold on till i was able to throw a few kicks as he ran away.

I've also gotten hit with football/soccer balls countless times on the liver and it's always cutting off your breathing and usually ends up with you going down and hugging your stomach.

I've also been hit with football/soccer balls on the face countless times and none of them hurts or is as lasting as when hit to the liver.

But of course, besides liver shots, there are the rib shots, that i am certain hurt a lot.

Now that i think of this again, most poeple don't get hit easily in the liver, due to their blocking being on the inside, instead of the sides.

So i've recommended blocking to go from up/down block to lead/rear hand.

Now i'd like to see some blocking go for inside shots to side shots, but i am sure that will never happen, since it's gonna be hell seeing and defending only inside or side shots.

P.S. If your son is pissing you off with the 1-2 jab spam, remember it's the easiest combo to parry, even after getting hit 2-3 times from it also it's the easiest combo to avoid, by simply holding L1 and lunging sideways. It makes em all miss and he wastes more stamina missing them, than you waste lunging sideways.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 12-17-2016 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »