Home

Do we know if EA UFC 3 is even in development?

This is a discussion on Do we know if EA UFC 3 is even in development? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do we know if EA UFC 3 is even in development?

I have faith in UFC 3 if GPD is in charge of the striking. He did amazing things with the grappling, and striking needs a complete overhaul, as did the grappling in the previous game. Im excited. Hopefully TBS will make its way in to UFC 3 as well. If not, it will be 4 UFC games in a row that i wont be using submissions. I HATE the submission minigames.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #18
Pro

Lets hope they actuslly put some eork into career mode next time wround as well, there is so much you could do with it to make it really feel like a career youre living. The last 2 have been do pletely lackluster ans bare bone
Old 12-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #19
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Lets hope they actuslly put some eork into career mode next time wround as well, there is so much you could do with it to make it really feel like a career youre living. The last 2 have been do pletely lackluster ans bare bone
I completely agree, but a career mode won't be worth s**t if the AI is still outrageously broken like it is since EA UFC 1

For an MMA fan, it's impossible to have fun offline this way, especially after figuring out the fact that tactics/tendencies don't help against the AI, so literally for the whole match you can throw the same strike and it won't make a difference vs mixing up the strikes, AI just chooses weather it parries or not.

So if the AI is not improved x10 times, don't bother even including career mode, story mode or a universe mode for all I care because playing UFC 1 or 2 offline I keep asking myself "why the fck am I doing this" despite winning on pro (unless it goes to the ground and then it's impossibly hard even if you're fcking damien maia against a pure striker, the AI takes you for a ride on the ground and it ain't fun)
Old 12-22-2016, 01:49 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

All I care about in 3 is a competent AI. All the mechanics could be the same and if the AI can hang I'll be happy. If they upgrade the mechanics and the AI can't cope again then the game is valueless to me.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #21
Banned

I think it's a longer dev cycle because professional fighting games are more than likely very difficult to develop. Fighting isn't like other sports. It's based off of soooooooooo many intangibles. I think it would be very difficult to make a proper AI in games like UFC.

My complaints about UFC 2 are mostly how bare-bones it is. Career mode is simple. CAF is simple. The presentation is simple. It's not the customization experience I want or expect from sports games. Improving on that to make it a much deeper game AROUND any possible gameplay improvements would go a long way with me.

I'm not really interested in the way they beef up the roster with as many 'legends' and what not as they can get. I'd rather have a smaller, more current roster, while they can add legends and whatever as DLC or promotional items, if it makes them spend developmental time on more important areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #22
MVP

The dev cycle I think is a lot more predicated on the fact that there are no seasons for the UFC. Every other major US sport had a guaranteed peak of interest every year when the season starts. UFC (and boxing) don't have that, so they need more 'natural' interest in their game which is very difficult to get every year.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #23
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
All I care about in 3 is a competent AI. All the mechanics could be the same and if the AI can hang I'll be happy. If they upgrade the mechanics and the AI can't cope again then the game is valueless to me.
Completely agree. This is why UFC 1 and 2 are completely worthless to me as well.

I'm crossing my fingers that this dev team finally gets 1 right, it's about damn time
Old 12-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
Completely agree. This is why UFC 1 and 2 are completely worthless to me as well.

I'm crossing my fingers that this dev team finally gets 1 right, it's about damn time
Everyone complained about the AI in 1 but it at least could beat me a quarter of the time. It didn't look great with all the parrying, but if that's what it takes it's better than a game being unplayable offline.

In 1 I ran my UFC Universe and got something ridiculous like 50 fight cards into it, playing it up until the time UFC 2's beta came out. In 2 I tried to start one but only did three cards because even with house rules the AI just cannot compete. They want to add all these mechanics and stuff but if they can't make an AI that can use them then the game isn't for me or any other offline player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »