Home

I want your guys opinion on the current ground game of EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on I want your guys opinion on the current ground game of EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I want your guys opinion on the current ground game of EA UFC 2

The ground game pisses me off. I'd probably enjoy it more if I took people down, but as a guy who just fights his way back up to the feet it's super annoying. I'll let you guys get into ways it can improve, but one thing I'd like to see is more stand-ups.

My memory is fuzzy, but I swear you'd actually see them back in Undisputed. Too many guys just lay on me, denying and throwing baby punches. If you're not trying to improve your position or finish the fight, stand that **** up. In real life, I think guys get more leeway in this area than they used to, but I want lay and pray gone from this game.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

It's solid, and could be a lot worse, but it's not great. Doesn't feel very organic. When the AI takes you down, they don't seem to do it to any real purpose other than to take you down. Once you're on the ground they do next to nothing to finish you. I'd like ground fighters to be more aggressive with GnP plus submissions.

Overall though, ground was a lot more enjoyable than standup in this game.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

The ground is beautiful. There are a few issues but they are minor.

I'm hoping to upload a series of videos with ground fights vs a few of the best guys with commentary but I want to wait in case more LEC's are coming

If you guys ever have questions about the ground just post them here i'll do my best to explain. Try to be specific though

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 12-28-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I'm a through and through Jiu Jitsu head, and I gotta be honest. I really don't like the ground game that much.

Against average players It's too easy to completely dominate, and stop them from doing anything.

Against good players it devolves into a stall out, baby punch fest.

I dunno. I don't like it that much. We need way more positions, strike options, and submissions. And fix the lag, or "pause" that always happens... *posture up*-> both fighters lay motionless for like 3 seconds-> then i'm allowed to strike.. Stuff like that ruins the flow.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #13
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

I dunno. I don't like it that much. We need way more positions, strike options, and submissions. And fix the lag, or "pause" that always happens... *posture up*-> both fighters lay motionless for like 3 seconds-> then i'm allowed to strike.. Stuff like that ruins the flow.
That's exactly my biggest issue with the ground game.

Although those pauses usually happen due to the game's mechanics etc. they are not representative of the realistic flow of the actual sport, which is in my opinion not fun, not realistic, not a player-friendly tweak by the devs.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #14
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The posture up thing made me laugh. I don't even know why I do it. Once I posture up, even if I defend them pulling me back into guard I'm not able to throw a strike. It's ridiculous.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #15
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The posture up thing made me laugh. I don't even know why I do it. Once I posture up, even if I defend them pulling me back into guard I'm not able to throw a strike. It's ridiculous.
Yeah, that's what i don't really like.

I get that it's a calculated mechanic by the devs, to give the ground game some rules like "You can't posture up without grappling advantage and expect to land before the opponent pulls you back down" but it just doesn't feel natural having those long pauses and stalling along with a bunch of transition spamming canceling strikes that overall give out that goofy & clunky vibe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 04:03 PM   #16
Rookie

I think there needs to be a much larger stamina penalty for failed submission attempts. Nothing is worse then fighting someone online who just spams subs constantly the entire fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »