Home

I want your guys opinion on the current ground game of EA UFC 2

This is a discussion on I want your guys opinion on the current ground game of EA UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I want your guys opinion on the current ground game of EA UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgorian
I think there needs to be a much larger stamina penalty for failed submission attempts. Nothing is worse then fighting someone online who just spams subs constantly the entire fight.
I think the proper solution to that, would be to change the submission initiation all together so that it's nto spammable or as easy and effective. Not add more unrealistic game rules for balance.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #18
Rookie

Overall, I like the ground game but there are some things I don't like about it.

Side control is pretty much useless against any half decent player because they'll just transition as soon as you throw a strike and there's not much you can do about it. You get some players who just spam transitions near the end of the round because they know you can't strike and you won't have enough time to submit them or wear their arms down in mount to finish them.

Rubber guard spam and transition spam is difficult to stop as well. Only way around it is to posture up in my experience but if they start to expect it and block you from doing that, you're in trouble. For some reason it's a lot harder to block submissions than normal transitions.

I think fakes are also very easy to abuse as well. Imo fakes ruin it, especially when you get the ridiculous spammers. Transitioning while they do it can sometimes work and I think that's the only way around it because it's difficult to tell when they're really going for the transition. It takes away the element of timing a transition or submission right imo.

I do like the ground game as a whole but I think what I've said above are the main problems with it.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:01 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

-Rubber guard is only an issue in UT

-Without fakes good players will hold you in every position on the ground
Old 01-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #20
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

The ground is amazing and when you have a low input tv with good internet you can dominate and sub ppl so easy. This game is based off spilt second timing and having a tv that can register it fast when you press buttons is so important in UFC 2.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 01-03-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:10 AM   #21
Rookie

Fakes can also be used to keep someone down as much as it can be used to try and get up so it really just becomes a huge mess of 2 players constantly faking and turns it into a complete guessing game.
You can't really set transitions up without spamming fakes. Keep elbowing a guy in full guard and he'll just sit there and take it, he doesn't need to posture up or anything to avoid the elbows. It's the same with being on top as well. You can't keep digging in body shots or short elbows to make them move and try to avoid it. They'll just sit there and wait for the transition.
Imo you should have to set up transitions more rather than just keep faking constantly. I think that would be more realistic.

Last edited by ryangil23; 01-03-2017 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2017, 11:29 PM   #22
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I think I'm seeing a theme, here: the baby punches.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #23
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think I'm seeing a theme, here: the baby punches.
No baby punches are not the theme. They just need to increase the ref stand up timer in certain spot. Full guard and half guard need to be shorter on the ref stand up timer. Baby punches should get you stood up and the only way the ref should not stand you up is from the posture up position.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #24
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I don't think the ref will stand you up at all tbh. Earlier today I held a guy in side control for like 4 minutes. All he was doing was spamming transitions, and I just denied every single one... For about 4 minutes... until the round ended. Didn't throw a single strike, and still didn't get stood up.

Ive done the same in sprawl, north south, back turtle..

I don't think there even is ref stand ups at all in UFC 2.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »