Home

I need some help with striking and/or understanding hitstuns

This is a discussion on I need some help with striking and/or understanding hitstuns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I need some help with striking and/or understanding hitstuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
The master words are efficient and unpredictable! After, To each its degree of sim playstyle!

Kenetic, You confused me with someone else, i am not like those guys, clinch/parry/... spamer.

Their playstyle only work when they are on stats advantage, otherwise they are lost and getting smashed sooner or later! I hesitated between Lineker and Cruz, hopefully i did the good choice
I've heard more people say the only reason he wins so much is because he has a terrible connection and spams clinch all match, this video seems to confirm it
Old 12-28-2016, 07:08 PM   #18
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Against me, his connection was always fine, i never had any problems.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Let's be real. Nothing about those combos are even REMOTELY realistic... Effective at manipulating the game mechanics? Yes. Realistic? No.

----------------
Body jab, Body Straight, Head Kick, Head Kick!

Jab, Body Straight, Jab, Body kick, Head kick!

Straight, Body Kick, Straight, Body Kick, Head kick!

etc, etc, etc.

-----------------
No. Just no. Absolutely 100% no.

Cowboy threw that one wild combo on Story, and that's literally the only time in MMA history we've ever seen a combo like that. Fighters just don't throw combinations like that. It literally never happens.

This guy is as spot on as you can get. "High level" striking is this game boils down to just throwing the most goofy, unrealistic, high low, left right, combos you can. The more unpredictable, and goofy the combo looks, the better it is in this game.

There's your problem Bananas. You like to play mostly sim, and throw realistic combinations. That's just not how high level striking works in this game. If you wanna get to the next level you need to give up any aspirations of playing sim, and just game the game.
I'm so used to playing sim I actually wouldn't know what kind of crazy combos to throw lol. Same reason with parries, because I never use them, I'm not good at them either
Old 12-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #20
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

A good player should use parry rarely not because of this is not realistic but because of a missing parry should be deadly, This is not yet the case but it's better than the first version!
How i hate player style who ALWAYS parry before throw a shot!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

The hit stuns happen when enough damage is dealt. The higher the damage, the bigger the stun. Some of them drive you back.

And keep in mind that elements that have an influence on damage matter a lot here. Combo multiplier, stamina, momentum... That's why you get different reactions from the same combo.

For instance, Anderson Silva couldn't Magic Combo if the stamina was turned on on practice mode (which lead to a stamina deficit by the time he landed the leg kick). But if you turned it off (along with the deficit) he did enough damage to cause the proper hitstun for the Magic Combo. So, the nuances really matter.

The Magic Combo is gone, anyways; but I mentioned it because I clearly remmeber labbing this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 03:16 AM   #22
Rookie

1.get on good side of lag
2.watch top 10 youtube combos
3.profit

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »