Home

Does EA update Fighters Ratings?

This is a discussion on Does EA update Fighters Ratings? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #25
Rookie

Beasta52's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Does EA update Fighters Ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would love that too but keep in mind there has never been a UFC game that allowed you to edit the roster.....and there is an obvious reason for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I wonder why Zuffa was so concerned in having fighter ratings locked for UFC games?

Seems Zuffa knows nothing about video games and probably thought fighter editing was universal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #26
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I wonder why Zuffa was so concerned in having fighter ratings locked for UFC games?
No idea and I've never been able to get an answer to that question. I have had issues with every single UFC game when it comes to ratings and because I play the game offline, I would love to have the option to change movesets and ratings to make it more realistic.

Also keep in mind many of the people who worked on UFC 2 are people who worked on Fight Night Champion. FNC's roster was wide open. You could change a fighters stance, taunts, celebrations, ratings, tendencies....damn near everyting. So based on their history, it doesnt appear that this dev team would have an issue with allowing roster edits if they were allowed too.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #27
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Dont think of it as problematic because its actually could be an opportunity right now. From the looks of it (re: GPD's and Jeremy's twitter feeds), EA is still doing mo cap for striking. So if you see a signature move that a fighter uses that isnt currently in the game....they may mo cap it if you identify it. We could be early enough in development where they can take the info you provide and add it to the game.

If we wait until the animations are set, it will likely be too late because there mo cap sessions will be finished.
Good point. Maybe someone should start an updating thread of movesets we want and which fighter should have them.

#MakeUFC3Better
Old 01-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #28
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
Good point. Maybe someone should start an updating thread of movesets we want and which fighter should have them.

#MakeUFC3Better
There already is, Haz made one a few months back and since they stopped updating UFC 2 there really is no need for it unless we already know the fighters moves for UFC 3.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:10 PM   #29
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

Quote:
There already is, Haz made one a few months back and since they stopped updating UFC 2 there really is no need for it unless we already know the fighters moves for UFC 3.
No that thread was the "spot the fighter changes made in the last patch" thread, I want guys to talk about what movesets they want added to whom (weather that strike animation exists in UFC 2 or not)

Here's an obvious example of one of the fighters who should have a modified stepping in cross, Conor McGregor for his left hand when he's in southpaw (shouldn't be able to do it with the right cross in orthodox)

Things like this matter the most for me in terms of fighter likeness, i'll post my other examples in the thread i'm gonna make
Old 01-04-2017, 03:13 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
I would love that too but keep in mind there has never been a UFC game that allowed you to edit the roster.....and there is an obvious reason for that.
What is the obvious reason? I'm talking about offline play. Doesn't matter what the rest of UFC games have had, it's a sports title and every other sports title on the market allows the players to handle their own rosters. This is huge, especially when the Devs only offer support for 5-6 months.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:59 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdiniOn
No that thread was the "spot the fighter changes made in the last patch" thread, I want guys to talk about what movesets they want added to whom (weather that strike animation exists in UFC 2 or not)

Here's an obvious example of one of the fighters who should have a modified stepping in cross, Conor McGregor for his left hand when he's in southpaw (shouldn't be able to do it with the right cross in orthodox)

Things like this matter the most for me in terms of fighter likeness, i'll post my other examples in the thread i'm gonna make
There is literally a whole subforum dedicated to fighter rating/moveset discussion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #32
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
There is literally a whole subforum dedicated to fighter rating/moveset discussion
ya unfortunately it's kind of a dead area. I wish that whole sub forum was moved to the main page and just made into a sticky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »