Home

UFC Reebok Fight kits EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on UFC Reebok Fight kits EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC Reebok Fight kits EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Well I can finally talk about this. The new kits are in the game and they look good. I was shocked they were in the version that early but it appears that EA got the designs months in advance.

The legacy kits werent in the game yet though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank goodness. These kits look far better. They actually have some personality to them now.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Well I can finally talk about this. The new kits are in the game and they look good. I was shocked they were in the version that early but it appears that EA got the designs months in advance.

The legacy kits werent in the game yet though.

Glad to hear the UFC is keeping EA up to speed with these sort of things. Can you elaborate a little on the new fight kits in game? In UFC 2, all current fight kits are tied to the representing country of the fighters. The current policy of the UFC is lenient to lineage as fighters like Smolka rep the neutral silver as the Hawaiian's do, and the red Japan kit. Ricardo Lamas is another example. Are the new fight kits for UFC 3 tied to country? The press release photos of Joanna and Masvidal, very much were not and appeared to be a style choice. Hope this is represented in game with the user having a full color spectrum in selection . Also, if they don't keep the old kits that's going to be disappointing. If you can touch on any of this that would be great, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Glad to hear the UFC is keeping EA up to speed with these sort of things. Can you elaborate a little on the new fight kits in game? In UFC 2, all current fight kits are tied to the representing country of the fighters. The current policy of the UFC is lenient to lineage as fighters like Smolka rep the neutral silver as the Hawaiian's do, and the red Japan kit. Ricardo Lamas is another example. Are the new fight kits for UFC 3 tied to country? The press release photos of Joanna and Masvidal, very much were not and appeared to be a style choice. Hope this is represented in game with the user having a full color spectrum in selection . Also, if they don't keep the old kits that's going to be disappointing. If you can touch on any of this that would be great, thanks!

I dont think they are going to keep the old kits.

I cant answer the other questions because the UI wasnt complete. The fighter shorts menu wasnt complete so I dont know how its going to look at the end.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think they are going to keep the old kits.

I cant answer the other questions because the UI wasnt complete. The fighter shorts menu wasnt complete so I dont know how its going to look at the end.

I understand, thanks for the reply. I would love to be optimistic that they keep the old kits and give us a wide color range of selections. It's the little touches and end user options that go a long way. Scrapping the old kits just to show off the new is short sighted in my opinion.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #30
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I hate the old kits. They were so bland. I never liked the country aspect of them. It does a horrible job at giving fighters their own identity. These new ones look great.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #31
Pro

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/ufc-ree...fighter-shirts

These look great! Glad to hear Reebok is changing things up. I personally wouldn't mind if the old kits were still in though. The 1.5's and all. Especially since we lost all other sponsors because of this Reebok deal. Now if EA was able to implement this custom walkout shirt deal into the game that Reebok is doing I'm sure all of us could forget the fact sponsors are gone.

I'm sure EA wouldn't allow an import images tool like 2K does for WWE because then people would just import in images of sponsors such as Tapout, Venum, etc etc. But what they could do is allow us to pick the style of shorts, and top if a female fighter. Allow us to pick the style of shoes, jacket or hoodie, walkout shirt. Then allow us to go into detail about the color and material and font color just like on Fight Night Champion if possible.

As for making custom walkout shirts, it would be like the Tattoo function. Choose images, opacity, size and apply your name and nickname on it. Not sure if EA could do that but giving us a little control of customization of at least gear color would be awesome. This could also add more choices for our fighter entrance. Giving us the options to choose if we come out with a jacket on or not, hood on or not. Shoes on or not.

Let's say EA scraps the old kits, but you liked having the black with gold font look. You could make your gear look like this by changing the color of the gear and font. You can't lose featuring something like this EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »