Home

I really hope that UFC 3's feels more fluid than the previous two

This is a discussion on I really hope that UFC 3's feels more fluid than the previous two within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #9
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I really hope that UFC 3's feels more fluid than the previous two

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats why I'm a fan of stamina sliders or a sim stamina setting. The people who like to play unrealistically can play that way. People like me who want realistic fights arent locked into a game with stamina that is unrealistic.
The only concern I have about that is dividing up the online player base more. In UFC 1 we had open rank quick match and I think 5 selectable weight classes, two online game modes.

In UFC 2 we have 3 online modes, 10 weight classes, various options, etc.

It might be totally unwarranted and a non-issue, I just concerned dividing up online play more could make it harder to find matches since UFC doesn't have a huge player base
Old 01-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
The only concern I have about that is dividing up the online player base more. In UFC 1 we had open rank quick match and I think 5 selectable weight classes, two online game modes.

It might be totally unwarranted and a non-issue, I just concerned dividing up online play more could make it harder to find matches since UFC doesn't have a huge player base
Was that an issue with Undisputed 3? Was it hard to find matches with that game because it had a sim stamina option.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:00 PM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Was that an issue with Undisputed 3? Was it hard to find matches with that game because it had a sim stamina option.
No idea, I only played the first two games in that franchise and never online.

Just in current game I had issues in the past trying to find quick match fights, it took forever to relegate to division 4 to make it easier to find matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #12
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
No idea, I only played the first two games in that franchise and never online.

Just in current game I had issues in the past trying to find quick match fights, it took forever to relegate to division 4 to make it easier to find matches.
Open Rank Quick match needs to be mandatory. Enough said!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The worst is when trying to self relegate and my opponent is acting like a knucklehead so I can't help but win.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:16 AM   #14
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:

Sadly this damage is already done by having x2 more weight classes than EA UFC 1 + The Ultimate Microtransaction mode.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-14-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:19 AM   #15
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The way the whole matchmaking for quick match works, needs to change.

Yeah sure keep the quick match button find option for those who just want to get in a game real quick, but allow us to get into online rooms and then get into a waiting line where we can see everyone searching for a game that is on that room and next to their name we can see various info like: the country/language/ping/mic/skill and matchmaking preferacnces (3 rounds or 5 rounds etc.) and then choose accordingly who to play against. Even go into detail and allow people to put info like "looking to stand and bang while i pick Lioto Machida and intrested to fight against anyone but Jon Jones pickers" etc.

Hell even put people already in a game on that list and what round they are in or who they playing against to wait after their done to join and fight against them and even allow us for a replay option like games such as Dota 2 have(where they are not streaming video, but rather button inputs and we render the game client sided and requires little to no internet connection) so we can watch a match and even commentate or provide help to someone who is playing the game.

But one can only wish... Such things are most likely gonna require servers and we know EA is surely not gonna pay for it, no matter how much money they get from Ultimate Microtransactions.

To prove that this isn't gonna happen anytime soon, one just has to look at EA UFC 1 where it had some sort of servers for people to upload around 9-12 videos/game finishes per player and that got completely scrapped from EA UFC 2.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-14-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #16
Banned

OdiniOn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I think we're saying the same thing. My point is that short term stamina loss is too punishing when you're using economical/by the book combinations, I'm too vulnerable after combinations no matter how economical they are and which fighter i'm using, it's part of the meta and it's wrong to the sport.

You might be thinking " Well what would stop everyone from fighting like John Lineker in every fight " and you'd be right. The answer to this would be realistic knock out power. That would slow the pace closer to realism.

Right now the meta speed is quite realistic even though it's slow, and it's not because of the fear of power strikes like it is in the real sport. It's due to fear of stamina drain. It's all wrong.

There won't be striking spamming if the stamina is more realistic, if they would also be realistically punishable by strikes, if that makes sense. (i'm bad at wording myself today, too high)
These are some good points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »