Home

Sub takedown reversal?

This is a discussion on Sub takedown reversal? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Sub takedown reversal?

Normally? No. But you shouldnt be helpless and have to run. Lots of times people get hurt and keep swinging or trying to fight. Should you stay same speed and power? No. But I dont think you should be as helpless as you are when rocked where it takes forever to throw a punch or kick as if youre exhausted.

Id say maybe move and damage should be halved depending on your toughness. I remember Chris Leben was quite dangerous when he was hurt. Hed get rocked, theyd rush in and he would lay them out.

Im sure if someone like Werdum or Maia, someone top with subs got hurt and someone shot a takedown, theyd grab for their neck, may not be tight or able to hold it but theyd still try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #26
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Normally? No. But you shouldnt be helpless and have to run. Lots of times people get hurt and keep swinging or trying to fight. Should you stay same speed and power? No. But I dont think you should be as helpless as you are when rocked where it takes forever to throw a punch or kick as if youre exhausted.

Id say maybe move and damage should be halved depending on your toughness. I remember Chris Leben was quite dangerous when he was hurt. Hed get rocked, theyd rush in and he would lay them out.

Im sure if someone like Werdum or Maia, someone top with subs got hurt and someone shot a takedown, theyd grab for their neck, may not be tight or able to hold it but theyd still try.
But you are not helpless during health event, you can to deny and even to pre-emptive deny any TD attempts.
So why in groggy state you must to be able to perform such advanced high level techniques like sub reversal i dont understand.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:14 PM   #27
Pro

Your options when rocked are hold block and run, clinch or takedown and hope they dont deny or throw a strike. You cant strike, cant do a guillotine when they shoot a sloppy takedown.

Im looking for something more sim and realistic, just because youre hurt, shouldnt mean youre not still dangerous or have enough thought of mind to grab a neck as you're being taken down even as a defensive action.

By your logic, when you cant strike or really do anything but block, explain how someone hurt, with no stamina, stumbling around, can stop a full stamina takedown from the best wrestler in their division? And preloading a sub or takedown deny, means you are not blocking, so you're banking of them going for a takedown when they could just clinch or throw bombs and drop you.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #28
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

I agree that fighters with high enough ratings in the appropriate catagories should have a small chance to dramatically change or even end the fight at any moment, even in a rocked state. This happens in real life. I can't think of a sub example though I'm confident many exist but just think about Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry...

Being reckless while your opponent is in a rocked state should be dangerous in the game because it is dangerous in real life.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #29
Pro

It would also add a whole new level, just because you hurt someone doesnt mean you can throw caution to the wind and throw bombs or shoot takedowns, you should have to be calculated and level headed. Or risk being caught in a sub by Maia as you shoot for that sloppy telegraphed takedown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »