Home

SCRAMBLE MECHANICS = Next Big Thing in UFC 3

This is a discussion on SCRAMBLE MECHANICS = Next Big Thing in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SCRAMBLE MECHANICS = Next Big Thing in UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I also hope to see more depth and evolving in TD mechanics in UFC3 because especially in Clinch Throws are very primitive now.

Implementing the TAKEDOWN SWITCH mechanics is very welcome:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html
great stuff man. I don't have the time or patience to put as much detail into writing and videos as you LOL so great job as always .

As you said, clinch throws/grappling, and those sort of 'borderline' standing takedown attempts (and heck, the interaction with the cage in general could use some love)

P.S. I'd also like to see Stamina play a bigger role in missed takedowns or heavy, taxing grappling/clinch work. i.e. if you stuff a few power takedowns in round 1, your opponent should really be feeling it in his gas tank, like in real life.

Same thing if you put your opponent up against the cage for 5 minutes and beat him up; he should be hurting in the stamina dept for sure come the next round.

In UFC 2 --- if I want to gas out my opponent --- really your only option is to stand-up with them and make them miss/work the body. It's really tough to out-grind them stamina-wise thru the clinch/etc.

I know some people might think that will make things 'more boring' but its about balance too I don't want a ton of lay and pray/clinch and pray garbage, by any means. But if I ragdoll a guy for a couple rounds he should really be gassed
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 01-25-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #10
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
great stuff man. I don't have the time or patience to put as much detail into writing and videos as you LOL so great job as always .

As you said, clinch throws/grappling, and those sort of 'borderline' standing takedown attempts (and heck, the interaction with the cage in general could use some love)

P.S. I'd also like to see Stamina play a bigger role in missed takedowns or heavy, taxing grappling/clinch work. i.e. if you stuff a few power takedowns in round 1, your opponent should really be feeling it in his gas tank, like in real life.

Same thing if you put your opponent up against the cage for 5 minutes and beat him up; he should be hurting in the stamina dept for sure come the next round.

In UFC 2 --- if I want to gas out my opponent --- really your only option is to stand-up with them and make them miss/work the body. It's really tough to out-grind them stamina-wise thru the clinch/etc.

I know some people might think that will make things 'more boring' but its about balance too I don't want a ton of lay and pray/clinch and pray garbage, by any means. But if I ragdoll a guy for a couple rounds he should really be gassed

Fully agree.
As i wrote before, Dynamic grappling mechanics (DGM) in UFC 2 is awesome, but if on Ground it use 100% of its elements, in Clinch it uses only 50% of its elements (this is a shame that so deep DGM uses only its 50% elements in Clinch) and this is a shame because Clinch (passes, TD, throws) is based fully on the same Dynamic grappling mechanics. This is the full list of missed Dynamic grappling mechanics which exists on Ground but does not in Clinch, making Clinch stand up game more limited and primitive:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-fix-them.html
I love Judo and many of russian players love and sadly Judo is very limited class and game types in the game =(
Judo and Judokas needs large buff in UFC 3, by bringing more quantity and depth into TDs, Clinch and Throws mechanics!

Last edited by SUGATA; 01-25-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Fully agree.
As i wrote before, Dynamic grappling mechanics (DGM) in UFC 2 is awesome, but if on Ground it use 100% of its elements, in Clinch it uses only 50% of its elements (this is a shame that so deep DGM uses only its 50% elements in Clinch) and this is a shame because Clinch (passes, TD, throws) is based fully on the same Dynamic grappling mechanics. This is the full list of missed Dynamic grappling mechanics which exists on Ground but does not in Clinch, making Clinch stand up game more limited and primitive:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-fix-them.html
I love Judo and many of russian players love and sadly Judo is very limited class and game types in the game =(
Judo and Judokas needs large buff in UFC 3, by bringing more quantity and depth into TDs, Clinch and Throws mechanics!
heck yea!

From what I remember reading, they *did* intend to add more features to clinch. It just didn't get into the final version of the game.

Can any GCers confirm?

For example, there is a certain perk that affects "punch breaks" out of clinch --- I believe it's Like Glue

At one point GPD stated that perk wasn't fully functional b/c there were no such things as punch breaks out of clinch in the final version; even though they planned it.

So hopefully.... that means they already have a lot of great ideas in line for UFC 3
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »