Home

Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3

This is a discussion on Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2017, 03:58 PM   #17
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I was under the impression holding r2 will block the kick, but in order to check the kick you need to "parry" it????
I don't know what the damage is, but on some legs if you hold r2 it looks like a checked kick. if you successfully parry the kick your legs scoot back and don't get hit at all.

it's like some of the parries for head kicks, they are actually not parries because you dodge them all together.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
yup I agree for sure @Bananas

Right now leg kicks are too easy to spam; BUT don't do enough damage; BUT score too many points! And, we definitely need checked kicks to do damage to the attacker...BUT as Dave said, maybe it's a bit too easy to block leg kicks as is, too (just hold R2 and you insta-block all leg kicks and do big damage to opponent? Maybe a bit OP. But maybe not....will stop folks from hugging R1 all day )

Seems like most everyone else agrees on a lot of this which is good

I'm also a big fan of adding in 'vulnerability windows' to lazy leg kicks --- i.e. opening you up for a big overhand right or left hook to the face if timed right.

Or just more vulnerability windows in general (realistic ones based on physics though.....not just random number generated KOs, as much as possible)

I don't mean blocking leg kicks, but actually checking them. Undisputed 3 did this right by allowing you to check leg kicks if you flicked the right stick down at the right time
Old 02-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #19
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
I don't mean blocking leg kicks, but actually checking them. Undisputed 3 did this right by allowing you to check leg kicks if you flicked the right stick down at the right time
I personally would love a new blocking system that has the R1 and R2 blocking scheme for 'weak' blocking --- and you have to use the R Stick for strong block.

I really don't like parries so I won't use that word hahahaa

But I think using the R Stick as a 'strong block' modifier; would be awesome all around, and specifically for these checked leg kicks (compared to simply blocking them a bit)

Of course, if you flick the wrong direction, or totally whiff, or 'spam' your strong block --- you'll be widdeeeeee open or at the least, your 'weak block' (that still requires you to hold R1 or R2!!! NO AUTO BLOCK!!!) ---- will break down quickly b/c you missed the strong block attempts

Just please God pleaseeee don't go back to Auto Block lol at least keep the R1 and R2 blocking scheme; just make it more nuanced is what I guess I'm saying

(Autoblock... or 'weak block' from UFC 1 ---- suck ssooo bad please please please --- takes no skill at all to press one button and have an invincible shield with computer-like reflexes lol)

FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »