Home

Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3

This is a discussion on Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3

I definitely hope that UFC 3 re-works leg damage/leg kicks. I'm not much of a leg kicker myself, but on one hand they are underpowered; on the other hand, they are *overpowered* too!

* I've never been leg kick TKO'd in more than 2,000 fights including high level league fights. Probably means leg kicks are underpowered, right?

* I've also never broken anyone's leg after checking DOZENS of leg kicks throughout a fight, Weidman vs. Silva style lol --- i'm not asking for that to be in the game of course....but if some bum is 'spamming' leg kicks all day to score points on the judges scorecard; i'm checking 50%, 60%, 70%+ of them......he needs to be hurting!!!

* Also, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but leg kicks count as SIGNIFICANT STRIKES on the scorecards, right? But a non-modified uppercut (that rocks someone or even puts them on their ***) doesn't count as a sig strike. Dumb lol ... Sig Strikes need to 100% be based upon DAMAGE rather than 'type' of strike. That's a whole different thread though

Thoughts? If someone is tearing up my leg, I want them to get a benefit, and perhaps even force me to switch to southpaw/etc

however, if i'm fighting some 6'8 CAF with massive leg reach, who literally just throws leg kicks to score points and runs the whole time --- I check 60%+ of those leg kicks --- but he wins on points and his leg is totally undamaged though he had 30 leg kicks checked over 3 rounds --- blahhhhh lame

P.S. I always liked the concept of "If you take leg damage; your grapple advantage decreases" --- never really seen that used to anyone's advantage, on purpose anyway. Maybe keep this idea for UFC 3 but double the effect of leg damage and how it negatively affects grapple advantage (and maybe even punching power/etc)

but again...if I check a bunch of power leg kicks, you should be hurting!!!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 01-27-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Checked Leg Kicks --- Please Cause Damage in UFC 3

Leg kick KOs hardly ever happen in the UFC so them being very rare is a good thing. Leg kicks should have more of an impact on mobility (and a gradual impact, not a "ok now your leg is hurt, now it isn't" impact) though. And on takedowns I guess.

Significant strikes are completely broken. Any standing strike that lands in a significant strike. I don't know why they won't just put it in the game right.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

True leg TKOs are almost non-existent 'in real life' so I'll change it to this ---only a few times in more than 2,000 fights did I even feel threatened from leg damage let alone a leg TKO

And yea sig strikes in the scoring are definitely annoying and broken.

My personal fight style includes lots of 'weak' strikes to find distance; feint; setup combos; etc --- so it's pretty annoying when I land a three-piece of 'weak' strikes that stuns opponent; and none of them count as sig strikes...

Also, hammerfists from mount, pretty sure those don't count as sig strikes? lol

I haven't done any experimentation to determine what EXACTLY counts as sig strike but yea, needs a revamp, and the way it stands now IMO leg kicks score wayyy too many points
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
Pro

Leg kick tkos rarely happen. But damage from leg kicks can have a significant impact on a fight. Barboza vs melendez for example. Melendez could barely move around the cage.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Boiler my friend... ppl have been yelling about checking leg kicks since launch and giving them a nice buff when doing it but nothing got done. Honestly though I think there fine and i really don't want to see that much crazy leg stuff happen.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 01-27-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Boiler my friend... ppl have been yelling about checking keg kicks since launch and giving them a nice buff when doing it but nothing got done. Honestly though I think there fine and i really don't want to see that much crazy leg stuff happen.
lol i know my man but I'm hoping to keep the message alive into UFC 3!!! I have a feeling right now is when they're really getting into the meat and potatoes of UFC 3 gameplay development

I also don't want to see too much crazy leg stuff going on; people might remember in the Beta, leg kicks were probably a bit OP at that time. Definitely don't want that.

But if someone lands 20 leg kicks on me in the first 2 rounds; or I check 20 leg kicks in that same period; there should be some major consequences one way or another (lose mobility; lose kicking power; lose grappling advantage; yadda yadda yadda)
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 01-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I like the idea of checked kicks causing damage. I think health events from checked kicks could be interesting.

The thing is right now holding low block checks a kick, I think it should be more difficult to properly check a kick and cause damage.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Leg kick KOs hardly ever happen in the UFC so them being very rare is a good thing. Leg kicks should have more of an impact on mobility (and a gradual impact, not a "ok now your leg is hurt, now it isn't" impact) though. And on takedowns I guess.

Significant strikes are completely broken. Any standing strike that lands in a significant strike. I don't know why they won't just put it in the game right.
Are jabs considered "significant strikes" in real life? I thought they werent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »