Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Confirmed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Confirmed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The ground game is the best part of UFC 2.
Completely agree. It can be improved but there are way bigger issues with the game. Its also probably the most realistic mechanic of the game.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #34
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Completely agree. It can be improved but there are way bigger issues with the game. Its also probably the most realistic mechanic of the game.
See, I don't think it feels all that realistic.. Things like a magical Grapple Advantage that just build up for no reason are purely video gamey mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, I have a blast grappling in UFC 2, and it's an improvement over the last game, but IMO it still needs quite a bit of work.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
See, I don't think it feels all that realistic.. Things like a magical Grapple Advantage that just build up for no reason are purely video gamey mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, I have a blast grappling in UFC 2, and it's an improvement over the last game, but IMO it still needs quite a bit of work.
I think we agree. What I meant was that it was way more realistic than the other mechanics. Way more realistic than the clinch or that fighting game combos striking system.

Last edited by aholbert32; 02-01-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #36
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:

When GA is building up for no reason do u think?

What exactly in Dynamic grappling mechanics do you think is not realistic, why and what is your solution for this?
Old 02-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #37
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
When GA is building up for no reason do u think?

What exactly in Dynamic grappling mechanics do you think is not realistic, why and what is your solution for this?
Sitting in sidecontrol, GA just builds for no reason.
Nothing about that is realistic. It's purely there as a video game mechanic to "balance" the position. Balance the position with real mechanics, like transitions, and blocks, fakes, not under the hood magic Grapple Advantage.

In Sprawl GA just builds for no reason.
Again, nothing about that is realistic.

Leaning back to "slip" strikes builds magic GA for no reason.
Ducking a hook and shooting a takedown makes sense. Leaning back, avoiding a jab, and shooting a takedown does not. You will never ever see a guy shoot a takedown IRL after leaning back. Takedowns need to be about timing, not an under the hood magic Grapple Advantage.

Baby punches building up a magic GA
Nothing realistic about that. I understand throwing a strike to set up or distract so you can transition, or submission, but again, I can't stand the idea of an under the hood magic meter that just lets you do things.

Momentum Advantage is a great mechanics that reflects real life grappling very very well.

Grapple Advantage is only there to balance things that "can't be balanced with real mechanics"

Old 02-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #38
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Sitting in sidecontrol, GA just builds for no reason.
Nothing about that is realistic. It's purely there as a video game mechanic to "balance" the position. Balance the position with real mechanics, like transitions, and blocks, fakes, not under the hood magic Grapple Advantage.

In Sprawl GA just builds for no reason.
Again, nothing about that is realistic.

Leaning back to "slip" strikes builds magic GA for no reason.
Ducking a hook and shooting a takedown makes sense. Leaning back, avoiding a jab, and shooting a takedown does not. You will never ever see a guy shoot a takedown IRL after leaning back. Takedowns need to be about timing, not an under the hood magic Grapple Advantage.

Baby punches building up a magic GA
Nothing realistic about that. I understand throwing a strike to set up or distract so you can transition, or submission, but again, I can't stand the idea of an under the hood magic meter that just lets you do things.

Momentum Advantage is a great mechanics that reflects real life grappling very very well.

Grapple Advantage is only there to balance things that "can't be balanced with real mechanics"

1) and 2) - i think auto regain GA for sub fighter over time is explained in irl context by that it requires static pushing/holding the opponent which drain your capabilities.

3) BWD Sway as i know does not grant GA for swaying fighter, conversely it grant him Grappling disadvantage... which is realistic because his weight center is transfering backward.

4) Any landed strike distract the opponent and so gives you a GA on Ground _after_ hit, not during its execution, which instead gives u a grapple disadvantage).

Also, i love that GA is building up when in stand up u are close to the cage, this also i think is realistic.

So, i personally dont see any dramatic issues with realism in GA on the ground.

Last edited by SUGATA; 02-01-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #39
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I completely disagree with you. But we'll have to leave it at that.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #40
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Excited for UFC 3, but in no rush. Take your time, and get it right!
agree, i have no problem with it coming out late 2018 if that's what it takes to bring it to the next level -----

but hey, if the execs at EA want to do Xmas 2017 or early 2018, .... that's cool too
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »