Home

Must haves for the third installment?

This is a discussion on Must haves for the third installment? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Must haves for the third installment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
They are from what we hear. I'm more talking about things they can add to the game to make it more in depth, etc.
Sure, so, the need to change de GNP animation and speed, its really robotic and weird, seems like the fighters are punching in the water.

also they really need to change the ground defense mechanics, the mma ground is "strike to pass, pass to strike" in this game we have "deny to pass, deny to strike" it's just ridiculous how ground game is just a deny contest...

- about striking, man... the need to change everything, if u play like tekken or MK it can be fun... but if u play like a real game of sports... u will get mad really fast cause it's abusolut garbage the way it turned out(players fault)

-wrestling, they need to add scrambles and more positions, should learn from ufc undisputed 3...

clinch, again they need to understand the mechanics how they trully work... isn't easy to stay clinched in the midle of the octagon like is in this game
Old 02-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

With the new judging criteria encouraging more 10-8 rounds we need draws. You're going to see them a lot more often in real life going forward as well.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #11
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
open rank quick match

prizes for online ranked play, in particular coupons for free ice cream
I would actually prefer open matchmaking to get the best connections. Not just in quick match. Add bonus points for beating someone higher up. I know this creates snipe accounts, but it definitely made the matchmaking and ranking better.

Create a stand and bang mode for casuals. That is what they want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Sure, so, the need to change de GNP animation and speed, its really robotic and weird, seems like the fighters are punching in the water.

also they really need to change the ground defense mechanics, the mma ground is "strike to pass, pass to strike" in this game we have "deny to pass, deny to strike" it's just ridiculous how ground game is just a deny contest...

- about striking, man... the need to change everything, if u play like tekken or MK it can be fun... but if u play like a real game of sports... u will get mad really fast cause it's abusolut garbage the way it turned out(players fault)

-wrestling, they need to add scrambles and more positions, should learn from ufc undisputed 3...

clinch, again they need to understand the mechanics how they trully work... isn't easy to stay clinched in the midle of the octagon like is in this game
This. The striking is just not becoming at all tbh. It's like it's going from MMA to tekken. It's a brawly meta thats pretty much all about throwing combos and trying to get parries for big damage. I mean they even took away flash ko's, which is pretty much the most exciting aspect of the sport. Why would you not include that?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #13
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
This. The striking is just not becoming at all tbh. It's like it's going from MMA to tekken. It's a brawly meta thats pretty much all about throwing combos and trying to get parries for big damage. I mean they even took away flash ko's, which is pretty much the most exciting aspect of the sport. Why would you not include that?
We definitely need flash KOs. They need to be very rare though. I'm not certain the coding would make it seem legit though. Undisputed, flash KOs felt like they were right. The death rocks from EA UFC 1 completely ruined any flash KOs legitimacy. Had those not been in, and the frequency toned down, flash KOs would likely have been accepted.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
man not just this... when the game was released jab and straight were garbage, then they made a patch fixing this but then the hooks turn into garbage...
parry i think they don't wanna fix because they always patch it and still easy as hell to use and abuse.

dash, i didnt knew it doesnt consume stamina...

low kicks? why need to check?

high kicks? super normal 2 in a row with different legs and same power...

-
but again the biggest fault are from the players who insist to play like ******s, even on quick match i cant find anymore a guy who dont spam 1212121212 and dash...

Last edited by bmlimo; 02-14-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Take out the combo multiplier and more flash KOs with a clean shot. I know people will absolutely complain about the amount of "luck" that could be involved, but let's face it... If you're leaning in for a hook and a headkick lands flush, you're down.

By all means, do not make it very frequent, but make it happen like every 1/75 fights or so. Or something. Idk.

Just give me Rumble power.

Other suggestions would be...

-Redo the hit stuns
-If you're keeping the combo multiplier, perhaps lower the moves that can be strung together from 5 to 3
-Tweak the stamina slightly more so people can gas quicker
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

But, I'm still selling wolf tickets.

Last edited by JustBlazeM8; 02-14-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #16
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
Take out the combo multiplier and more flash KOs with a clean shot. I know people will absolutely complain about the amount of "luck" that could be involved, but let's face it... If you're leaning in for a hook and a headkick lands flush, you're down.
Not necessarily. I wish they could add commitment somehow into the striking. Someone suggested button presses be timed. That would kind of be cool if you could still block by not fully committing, and getting your hands up. With a much reduced strength of course. The commitment would come in here as well. If you spam buttons, you wouldn't get commitment. So less damage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »