Home

Online Strike Interruption Bias?

This is a discussion on Online Strike Interruption Bias? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #9
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Strike Interruption Bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Why do you think that this interrupting is because of lag but not the current striking mechanics issues?
It may be both? It's not something I feel every fight, only every once in a while. It could even be in my head. I don't know. Certainly feels like this sometimes though.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
It may be both? It's not something I feel every fight, only every once in a while. It could even be in my head. I don't know. Certainly feels like this sometimes though.
1 thing that definitely affects one simillar aspect that might be causing the illusion of ineffective striking, is undoubtly the lag/delay.

Even the slightest delay, can throw off your timing and make the game less responsive and slower combos, slower leaning etc. making it pretty much unplayable when trying to chase someone down.

Even if the game doesn't have any lag and the delay doesn't feel as noticable, it can still be enough to throw off that timing in your movement and have you make that clunky movement where your player takes a step back and then moves forward. This makes your strikes feel ineffective against someone like Werdum who can keep running around like a flyweight and take those huge steps due to his long legs etc.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:06 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I've experienced this too and made a video regarding it, but i didn't know what i was talking about in that video, but definitely something i noticed, just didn't know what it was back then.

But this was 233 days ago and i didn't know wtf i was talking about.

Today I've got 2 explanations now though for ya and the 2nd one has kind of worked better for me, but i am not 100% certain, it could just be in my head but here are the things i've noticed:

1) If your opponent is chasing you and coming on to you, walking forward, your front strikes will most likely cancel his strikes and mini-stun him.
If you are walking to the side, let's say left and your opponent follows your left path and you throw a left body kick, it will most certainly mini-stun him, whereas if you were moving to the left and your opponent was following you to the left, yet you threw a right body kick, he would eat it up and be unaffected by it. So direction definitely plays a part in damage dealt, kind of like if they lunge into your strike after the latest patch, it causes them to get destroyed.

2) I've read this in a different post and i tried it myself and it kind of works. It's got to do with how fast you input your strikes. Yeah, you heard that right. If you mass spamm all of your strikes as fast as possible on your controller, they will most likely win you the exchange. If you try a nice combo out slowly, you won't be doing anything, however if you spam it as fast as possible, even if you get hit first, you will most likely land 2 strikes faster than your opponent lands 2 strikes, resulting in you stunning them.
game is broken online, only solution is to stop playing, they wont do anything about it because they re focused on ufc3, to know the difference between game mechanics and netcode/lag/delay issue u have to try recreate same situation in offline mode, that s only real answer, doesnt matter what ppls or devs will say about it, there it is ingame black n white, no discussion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Why do you think that this interrupting is because of lag but not the current striking mechanics issues?
I can say with 100% certainty that it's a result of the striking mechanics and has nothing to do with lag.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #13
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I can say with 100% certainty that it's a result of the striking mechanics and has nothing to do with lag.
Are you saying the code "shifted"? This wasn't happening this frequently before. There is a noticeable difference. Strikes used to land more frequently. Now it is a crap shoot.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #14
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
game is broken online, only solution is to stop playing, they wont do anything about it because they re focused on ufc3, to know the difference between game mechanics and netcode/lag/delay issue u have to try recreate same situation in offline mode, that s only real answer, doesnt matter what ppls or devs will say about it, there it is ingame black n white, no discussion

at 18 seconds, you have a stamina deficits, probably why you get stuned with the straight witch is more powerful thinks to the combo multiplier.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #15
Banned

My brother always told me about this but I didnt blieve him I cant wait to tell him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #16
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Are you saying the code "shifted"? This wasn't happening this frequently before. There is a noticeable difference. Strikes used to land more frequently. Now it is a crap shoot.
I am pretty sure that this was always and in offline too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »