Home

How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #9
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I think we'll see an actual Featherweight division as well.

My hope is that they continue to have fighters thst can fight in multiple weight classes, even if they haven't necessarily done it in real life, but especially if they have.

I feel like every fighter in the game should be able to move up at least a weight class and a decent amount should be able to move down one within reason.

Obviously Jon Jones is never cutting to middleweight, Johny Hendricks is never making lightweight, but they anticipated Jones could move to heavyweight but not a big welterweight like Hendricks to MW.

Having this ability will help make the roster feel fuller and more diverse but it would take good effort by the devs and the GC'ers to make it realistic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
im actually the opposite, i prefer fighters only fighting at weights they have fought in before. i didnt like how GSP and Mcdonald was in middleweight. Andrade can be in wbw and wsw division but obviously being much better at WSW as it fits her body composition better.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
MVP

Re: How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
im actually the opposite, i prefer fighters only fighting at weights they have fought in before. i didnt like how GSP and Mcdonald was in middleweight. Andrade can be in wbw and wsw division but obviously being much better at WSW as it fits her body composition better.
Any particular reason you don't want to have the choice?

You don't have to select them if you don't want, and those that do will typically be at a disadvantage if they don't pick a fighter in his best weight class.

I just think having more options creates a more unique and fun experience for each user in this regard but I'm willing to entertain ideas of why that isn't the case, I just don't see why you wouldn't want it so I'm curious.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

What youre describing is how UFC 1 already was. With combined weight classes. All that does is make people pick the tallest fighters from the weight class higher and it makes tons of fighters from the lower weight far less playable. Why play as a lw if I can pick this huge ww instead? Combined weights was a huge issue in EA UFC 1 and we definitely dont wanna bring back those same problems.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
What youre describing is how UFC 1 already was. With combined weight classes. All that does is make people pick the tallest fighters from the weight class higher and it makes tons of fighters from the lower weight far less playable. Why play as a lw if I can pick this huge ww instead? Combined weights was a huge issue in EA UFC 1 and we definitely dont wanna bring back those same problems.
But specifically said allowing all to go up, but far fewer to go down.

If you want to pick Weidman at LHW, cool, but Jon Jones is a real LHW. You would never have to fight Jones at MW though.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Offline I would like them to do what they did in FNC which was allow fighters to fight one class below and above their weight class. That way we arent stuck waiting for EA to create a fighter like Cerrone in the WW division.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Icon7 Re: How WME decision making is affecting the playable fighter roster for EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
But specifically said allowing all to go up, but far fewer to go down.

If you want to pick Weidman at LHW, cool, but Jon Jones is a real LHW. You would never have to fight Jones at MW though.

In ufc 1 I almost always picked the fighter in the lower weight class, I really felt like it was advantageous. I do the same thing in ufc 2, but to a much lesser extent because weight classes aren't mixed.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Offline I would like them to do what they did in FNC which was allow fighters to fight one class below and above their weight class. That way we arent stuck waiting for EA to create a fighter like Cerrone in the WW division.
I'm right there with you on this. More fluidity the better IMO.

Combat sports have a long history of fighters moving up and down and that trend is starting in MMA.

What would be really cool is if in future games they are able to have an algorithm in the game that will automatically modify stats when you move a fighter up and down, so instead of creating a character model for each weight class, if you want to put a LW at WW, maybe he loses some punching power but his speed and stamina are better than at LW.

And then you have weird fighters who would probably gain punching power because they aren't cutting as much weight. This would involve some high level character traits being established with different body types, but this is where I would love the game to end up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

The other thing to remember is WME is cutting back the number of shows (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). That means either you cut back the number of fighters or you make guys fight less which means they make less money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »