Home

Wrestling and Stand-Up Striking should be balanced.

This is a discussion on Wrestling and Stand-Up Striking should be balanced. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Wrestling and Stand-Up Striking should be balanced.

Now i know, even in real-life wrestlers almost always have an advantage to strikers, however wrestling/grinding is a whole different ball game than Striking. And when you have a game where you overfavor wrestlers while you overnerf the strikers, you got yourself a broken unbalanced game, where people nitpick and complain about everything.

What i really hate in EA UFC 2 is how overpowered wrestlers are compared to strikers.

You forgot to nerf wrestling while nerfing the s*** out of striking.

Next game hopefully that's taken into consideration when nerfing an aspect of MMA.

Just like Mike Tyson shouldn't be able to get-up after he is taken down by Daniel Cormier, same goes for Cormier not surviving after being punched by Mike Tyson.

However, everyone agrees, that's it's hard to imitate real-life striking and have it be fun in the game without people complaining about flash KO's and overall the game losing it's fun aspect.

So next game, when you do nerf the striking aspect, make sure there is a balance to it by also nerfing grappling & i hope GCers point something like that out if it needs to be reworked.

Right now, it's 70% stats, 30% skill when it comes to wrestling, while it's 20% stats and 80% skill when striking.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 02-26-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: Wrestling and Stand-Up Striking should be balanced.

We need two options to try a takedown. Way too easy to stuff now. I've actually had people start out in the air. Give this a fight mechanic, and make people actually fight for takedowns.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
We need two options to try a takedown. Way too easy to stuff now. I've actually had people start out in the air. Give this a fight mechanic, and make people actually fight for takedowns.
You just need to use the incredibly unrealistic, goofy mechanic, of leaning back, and dodging a few strikes before shooting a takedown. Build up that GA. Then your takedowns will be super fast and hard to stuff.

Timing a takedown has little to do with it. Just gotta get that GA first.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

There's even a lil trick to takedown people right after you get up from the ground. Works even better if they want to just be lazy and throw leg kicks at your legs when on the ground.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #5
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You just need to use the incredibly unrealistic, goofy mechanic, of leaning back, and dodging a few strikes before shooting a takedown. Build up that GA. Then your takedowns will be super fast and hard to stuff.

Timing a takedown has little to do with it. Just gotta get that GA first.
Not how I am wanting to do it. 50/50. Make people work for it. Even if it is just multi-directional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
MVP

the grappling advantage thing is broken, sometimes u miss a strike, see the takedown comming defend and still got taken down, I agree with fish, you should fight for a takedown it's funny the guard sistem of "for honor" would suit well for a takedown minigame, i miss scrambles too, its something real important if the game is going to be realistic, they also should revamp the clinch thing is to freeze and slow to do anything in it, breaks the game rhythm
Old 02-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
the grappling advantage thing is broken, sometimes u miss a strike, see the takedown comming defend and still got taken down, I agree with fish, you should fight for a takedown it's funny the guard sistem of "for honor" would suit well for a takedown minigame, i miss scrambles too, its something real important if the game is going to be realistic, they also should revamp the clinch thing is to freeze and slow to do anything in it, breaks the game rhythm
Yeah I've mentioned For Honor a number of times on this board as something that you can kind of take a few things from, with their template. They managed to make melee combat very competitive and interesting, against the AI too, not just humans.

For those unfamiliar, you use the R stick to position your guard/attack to either right-left-center, and as the blocker, you'll see an arrow indicator flashing red in that direction when the attacker is going to attack and you know to block it. That's just the core of the combat, there's things like "unblockable" attacks that you have to either parry or dodge, counters, chain attacks, etc.. A system trying to use this core mechanic and turn it into takedowns or even something like when you're on bottom/top on the ground, and use it as a wrist control mini-game to go for submissions or slips or whatever, could be a lot of fun.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Yeah I've mentioned For Honor a number of times on this board as something that you can kind of take a few things from, with their template. They managed to make melee combat very competitive and interesting, against the AI too, not just humans.

For those unfamiliar, you use the R stick to position your guard/attack to either right-left-center, and as the blocker, you'll see an arrow indicator flashing red in that direction when the attacker is going to attack and you know to block it. That's just the core of the combat, there's things like "unblockable" attacks that you have to either parry or dodge, counters, chain attacks, etc.. A system trying to use this core mechanic and turn it into takedowns or even something like when you're on bottom/top on the ground, and use it as a wrist control mini-game to go for submissions or slips or whatever, could be a lot of fun.
yeah, every position of the r stick would be a kind of a takedown, distance would play a good role since if the opponent made a partial defense they would strugle and the agressor would change again(frankie is master doing this), i didint think this sistem on ground but should work as well, sure would help a lot since u wont need to remember animations, just be sharp looking at you opponent movements

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »