Home

Balance vs. Fighter Realism/Sports Game Logic v. Fighting Game Logic

This is a discussion on Balance vs. Fighter Realism/Sports Game Logic v. Fighting Game Logic within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Balance vs. Fighter Realism/Sports Game Logic v. Fighting Game Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
Sure but if im lyoto or shogun i shouldnt be at some massive disavantage when it goes to the ground just because its jones. It should have more to do with what i can do. Standing up stats dont make sich a massive impact on the game the way it does on the ground. This is my main point.
Yes you should. Did you see there fights?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #18
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks WarMMA. I shouldve clarified that I didnt think your post was a demand for balance. It just reminded me of some of the statements I've heard from people who were demanding it.
I think when it comes to that EA could just make seperate settings/modes similar to how UD did. That way everyone's happy.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:15 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Sure but if im lyoto or shogun i shouldnt be at some massive disavantage when it goes to the ground just because its jones. It should have more to do with what i can do. Standing up stats dont make sich a massive impact on the game the way it does on the ground. This is my main point.
There needs to be a greater emphasis on players controlling their fighters properly.

You're saying that the ground stats are too wide but I don't agree. If I don't want Maia or Jones drowning me, I need to use footwork to avoid getting to close so that they can't grapple me.

Instead of brawling I need to be careful about how I strike and be on the lookout for takedowns. If I'm going second and reacting, it's much easier to deny a shot.

If I don't want to get submitted on the ground I need to not go crazy and transisiton just for the sake of transitioning.

But above all else I need to recognize that yes, some fighters are exceptionally better at certain things and I should try to avoid the bad spots they can put me in.

There is a wide gap between fighter skill sets in real life. That doesn't necessarily mean anyone is unbeatable, but certain styles make fights but some guys have a style that can beat almost anything.

Maia would have trouble against a guy with really good stand up and excellent striking.

Think of GSP as a guy who would give Maia problems. GSP hasn't lost to two men in his whole career (with one being one of the biggest upsets in UFC history and a guy who he utterly thrashed due to skill differential in the rematch) for no reason.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I think when it comes to that EA could just make seperate settings/modes similar to how UD did. That way everyone's happy.
Thats what I want and have been pushing for for the last 2 years. Alas those things take time.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #21
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Depends. I like the idea of realism, but only if it is matched with realistic fighter stats, no more undeserved stats to fighters favored by the UFC.

I wish it was more about fighter skills and not about fighter bodies beefed up with stats. Getting caught at the right moment should cause problems for anyone on the roster, if we can atleast achieve that, we are a long way towards fair balance.

I do support it though, I'd be very happy if the game took a direction where you could exploit your opponents known weakness rather than them being viable everywhere as they are now, but I don't think many people are going to enjoy that sort of approach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats what I want and have been pushing for for the last 2 years. Alas those things take time.
The more I read this forum the more I realize the priority needs to be creating this right here. A simulation setting and a balanced settting.

The college football video game did this a few years ago in case you wanted to use South Dakota State against Alabama.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Yes you should. Did you see there fights?

Yeah this is a GAME . And if YOU suck at this game and I DONT. You shouldnt be at a massive advantage just because you are jones.

Some advantage, sure. But it shouldn't be a massive impact

EDIT: im on board for the sliders but I'm a ranked only type of guy, so id like to see more balance on that front. I loved how the LEC had equalized stats. Id honestly love if ranked had an option for that. Would solve this problem for me.

Last edited by zeric; 02-26-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Yeah this is a GAME . And if YOU suck at this game and I DONT. You shouldnt be at a massive advantage just because you are jones.

Some advantage, sure. But it shouldn't be a massive impact

EDIT: im on board for the sliders but I'm a ranked only type of guy, so id like to see more balance on that front. I loved how the LEC had equalized stats. Id honestly love if ranked had an option for that. Would solve this problem for me.
I just don't understand the mind set but I also don't play online either.

But if you are playing to win, I don't know why sentiment towards a fighter comes into play.

So if you want to pick Machida you should be a disadvantage. To boost Machida's stats or nerf Jones' means nobody really gets to play with their favorite fighter because no fighter will really be a true representation of themselves.

Which is why I think they have to have two different types of settings to fix this because the chasm is too far between player bases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »