Home

EA UFC 3 taking this long?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 taking this long? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 taking this long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think the changes that they need to make to event mode are relatively small:

- Add Buffer's co-main event audio for a co-main.
- Add the UFC intro music and intro video to the start of each event.
- Different presentation elements for FOX/FS1/Fight Pass and PPV.
- Pre-fight video packages.

I would love if they took NBA2k's interview engine and added that to the game. That would be great for the intro.
For a guy like me, I'm kind of an easy sell. I love MMA and video games. I'm not a huge stickler for gameplay (although I have things I like and don't like anyone else).

But these staples of sports titles are musts for me.

This would do wonders for my enthusiasm of the next game if they got all this in.

I would add more arena types. I know as its own thing that doesn't move the needle. But having a couple smaller arenas, a couple stadiums and then some hotbed/major markets like Sacramento, Boston, Australia, Mexico, Ireland and maybe even a place like Sweden, it adds to the mode and helps ease the pain of not having a real franchise mode.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #18
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
we all have learned the longer dev times are allowed to go on, the less improvement per time basis gets done.
So we should release a new game every day then? To maximize the improvements per release?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
So we should release a new game every day then? To maximize the improvements per release?
I mean hourly would be better but if you wanna slack off I guess daily works.

For real though, Madden can hit that annual release because (from what I've read their devs say) the day 17 comes out there's already a team dedicated to working on 18. For UFC the resources aren't as great since it's a niche title so you've still got most of the UFC team working on patching 2 for a while before work starts for real on 3. And don't forget, it wasn't a sure-thing that 3 would even happen.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Don't play with our emotions like that.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I mean hourly would be better but if you wanna slack off I guess daily works.

For real though, Madden can hit that annual release because (from what I've read their devs say) the day 17 comes out there's already a team dedicated to working on 18. For UFC the resources aren't as great since it's a niche title so you've still got most of the UFC team working on patching 2 for a while before work starts for real on 3. And don't forget, it wasn't a sure-thing that 3 would even happen.
I've wondered about the post release support. Would not having such a support allow them to turn around the game cycle faster? Would this possibly become a yearly release? Would people prefer them to continue making better games than essentially doing big band aid fixes on complaints?

I'm just curious what the preferences would be.

I like getting the new fighters, but with the roster getting as big as it is in the game, I'd maybe prefer a yearly release because you'd get the new fighters in the new game, and you'd potentially get it 6 months sooner, which is about how long the post release support lasts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I've wondered about the post release support. Would not having such a support allow them to turn around the game cycle faster? Would this possibly become a yearly release? Would people prefer them to continue making better games than essentially doing big band aid fixes on complaints?

I'm just curious what the preferences would be.

I like getting the new fighters, but with the roster getting as big as it is in the game, I'd maybe prefer a yearly release because you'd get the new fighters in the new game, and you'd potentially get it 6 months sooner, which is about how long the post release support lasts.

It logistically would allow them to get the game out faster, but it would also kill the series because in today's world gamers expect and demand post-release support.

The alternative view is that it would probably take at least as long as they currently support the game to do all the tuning and fixes that would be required to put out a "finished, no patches" game, and even then once the game hits the wild there will be things people notice that need fixed.

I think in general the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of developers being willing to toss a game out for release that isn't really ready, but even if it swung back the other direction some you'll still need post-release support.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #23
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Lot's of Dev teams release a game and then have a separate team start working on the next installment and have another team stay back and work on LDC/patches. I doubt EA has allotted these guys that much firepower though so they are stuck doing patches before they can move on to the next title.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Lot's of Dev teams release a game and then have a separate team start working on the next installment and have another team stay back and work on LDC/patches. I doubt EA has allotted these guys that much firepower though so they are stuck doing patches before they can move on to the next title.
That's the issue. It's a chicken and the egg scenario.

We complain about stuff, and I'm not saying the complaints aren't warranted or justified, but we have to buy and support the game to show the financiers that it's worth investing more resources into the game.

That takes trust on our part because we have to have faith that we aren't saying that by buying the game we are necessarily good with the product as is.

But if nobody buys it, it won't continue, and even though this game has it's faults, I can see a path to success being laid out. I see devs that care even if I disagree with how they view the game (I definitely think this needs to be treated like a sports simulator).

But yeah, keep it coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »