Home

EA UFC 3 taking this long?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 taking this long? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 EA UFC 3 taking this long?

Seems crazy to me with how long the dev times are for this game...I mean they have a very solid foundation with UFC 2 and as we all have learned the longer dev times are allowed to go on, the less improvement per time basis gets done. Having such a long dev cycle for this game is just worrisome, now we are going to have to expect HUGE things from this game, and i cant see that being done. Will an improved single player make this super long dev cycle worth it? Will simple striking tweaks here and there make it worth it?

Sure its going to be nice to have those improvements but i dont think its worth it when considering how long the game is being worked on and what actually gets done for that time spent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA UFC 3 taking this long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Seems crazy to me with how long the dev times are for this game...I mean they have a very solid foundation with UFC 2 and as we all have learned the longer dev times are allowed to go on, the less improvement per time basis gets done. Having such a long dev cycle for this game is just worrisome, now we are going to have to expect HUGE things from this game, and i cant see that being done. Will an improved single player make this super long dev cycle worth it? Will simple striking tweaks here and there make it worth it?

Sure its going to be nice to have those improvements but i dont think its worth it when considering how long the game is being worked on and what actually gets done for that time spent.
I have never heard this argument from anyone. Most people complain that games like Madden/NBA2k//Fifa should have a longer dev cycle and that they dont have enough time to put enough improvements in the game when they only have a year.

To answer your questions an improved single player experience (something Jazz hinted at here) would make it worth it. New striking mechanics (something GPD and the Mocap videos have hinted at) would make it worth it. I'm in no rush for them to release the game.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

Yaari's Arena

It hasnt even been a full year since the last game was released. With so much room for improvement in the striking department of the game, the last thing you should hope for is for them to put out a new game each year.

The claim that longer development cycles equal less progress, I don't know how that works either to be honest.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

The thirst is real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
It hasnt even been a full year since the last game was released.

Exactly.

Honestly id rather wait longer, than rush it out, if that means we will get a better game.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 09:43 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yup I rather wait and give them as much time as possible to improve the game...ESPECIALLY THE STRIKING. I'll play Undisputed 3, UFC 2 and FNC in the main time.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:07 AM   #7
Banned

Well it took a really long time between UFC and UFC 2, yet the improvements are minor at best. So you can't really blame fans for not seeing the end in such a long dev cycle.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Well it took a really long time between UFC and UFC 2, yet the improvements are minor at best. So you can't really blame fans for not seeing the end in such a long dev cycle.
Minor? 4 new gaming modes and a brand new grappling system is minor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »