Home

CATCH PUNCH into Clinch by Parry for EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on CATCH PUNCH into Clinch by Parry for EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #49
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CATCH PUNCH into Clinch by Parry for EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Slip counters? I'll need to test it but as far as I know parries freeze you in place, giving the opponent enough time to land an overhand/headkick. Pretty sure you can't slip parry counters
You can, I don't know if you can do it after every type of strike though. I've had if happen to me a few times.

I posted video recently of a parry fest with counter strikes even being parried. if a parry freezes you in place I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited by Dave_S; 03-24-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:29 AM   #50
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
You can, I don't know if you can do it after every type of strike though. I've had if happen to me a few times.

I posted video recently of a parry fest with counter strikes even being parried. if a parry freezes you in place I'm just not seeing it.

Sway after Parry was happened to me too, so Parry stun is not guaranteed for handing strike. Yes it needs some testing and I am going to do it.
With that in mind, giving the ability to Parry into the Clinch becomes even more IMPORTANT (b/c gives you guaranteed Clinch in catching conditions).
So, Parry into Clinch:
- is important for gameplay and balancing Parry
- is realistic as I posted real fight examples above in response to Martial Mind so it must to be in the next game if we want a SIM , not a fabricated arcade game.
The only thing that needs is tune it right.

Last edited by SUGATA; 03-25-2017 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:44 AM   #51
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

breaking out of the clinch currently takes way, way, way to long. (at least when not against the fence)

as long as separating out of the clinch is a lengthy process I can't support parry into clinch.

I'm all about the parries, but I'd rather have parries removed from the game than give clinch more entries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 05:48 AM   #52
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
breaking out of the clinch currently takes way, way, way to long. (at least when not against the fence)

as long as separating out of the clinch is a lengthy process I can't support parry into clinch.

I'm all about the parries, but I'd rather have parries removed from the game than give clinch more entries.
As I said cure the source not results!
Tune Clinch utself
UD has BRUTE CLINCH BREAK: not by transition but by series of appropriate strikes. It can be done also as an alternative way for Clinch break.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:

OK, so me and a friend of mine tested it, and we can confirm you were both late on your counters. A parry locks you in place for about half in second during which you cannot do anything, not parry, not move and not slip/sway. Unless your opponent is late on the punish, you cannot evade parry counters. We made a video of it trying everything

Old 03-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #54
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

lol
Old 03-26-2017, 12:17 AM   #55
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
OK, so me and a friend of mine tested it, and we can confirm you were both late on your counters. A parry locks you in place for about half in second during which you cannot do anything, not parry, not move and not slip/sway. Unless your opponent is late on the punish, you cannot evade parry counters. We made a video of it trying everything

I feel the same way. Maybe if your late on the counter you can evade it, but it definitely freezes you in place so you can be hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #56
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
lol
What's so funny?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »