Home

Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

This is a discussion on Exciting things to expect for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I know exactly what you mean. GnP in Undisputed 3 was so on point, you see the impact going through the block and it really makes you 'feel the fight'

I never finish fights on the ground because I just feel like I'm getting robbed of a finish, in both GnP and submissions, I always let my opponents up to try to knock them out because that's the only satisfying finish option in the game

I'm glad that the focus for UFC 3 is on the stand up because that's what needs work the most, but if they don't improve ground finishes I'll be extremely bummed out
Yeah I'll be so upset if they don't fix these issues ,I actually wanna feel the fight I want the most realistic and gruesome MMA game out there. I want to be nervous when I fight Anthony Johnson because he has scary power, I want to fear Jon Jones on the feet and in grappling till the point idk what the hell to do and etc but in UFC 2 I don't feel none of those things ,I remember in UD3 career mode I was getting clinched up by Anderson Silva getting ripped apart by knees and when I would get out of the clinch I would be on my toes the whole time because I was Getting dominated in grappling exchanges and on the feet​. Every strike should feel like it hurts and looks like it hurts , hopefully the fix everything.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-10-2017, 01:30 AM   #74
Rookie

I hope they include a damn practice mode in career mode because I would like to practice my CAF's new moves and such. It's a damn shame we can't even export or fighters.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:11 AM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
I think a lot of the wins look pretty poor, whether it's a submission or TKO.

If they worked a little more on the referee's involvement, I think that could benefit those who don't want to see someone who's already KO'd getting elbowed in the face repeatedly.

Referees interrupting the fighters would also be more realistic.

I think if they focused on the referees involvement, it could make for a much more exciting finish to a fight or to a round.

If it's the last ten or 20 seconds of a round and someone locks in a decent submission, perhaps even movement from the referee (to get a better view) would make the situation feel a bit more exciting.

There was a fight between two women fighters, can't remember the names off the top of my head, but a choke was in place and the end of the round bell rang, when the fighter doing the choke releases it, the other fighter is sound asleep. If something like that was possible in the game, that'd be sooo exciting!
I thought the same thing about submissions, they look poor all around (most of them, at least). Even the tapout animations look wonky and not how a person taps out, it's weird.

Submissions need variety and fighting. They happen way too quickly and easily. I'd just like to see more of a science to them, and the opponent get more of a fighting chance in them, not just in terms of whatever mini-game they use, but in terms of animations. Like you can see people fight chokes for up to a minute sometimes before they finally do the job.

Finish animations in general, not just KO's/TKO's on the feet, need soooo much work. There should be hundreds of variations. You should have to play the game for 6 months just to see them all, and still be surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #76
Pro

You know what else would be great? To not have every single clinch against the cage be an auto thai clinch. How often do you actually see that? Its usually over/double under or single collar
Old 04-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #77
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
You know what else would be great? To not have every single clinch against the cage be an auto thai clinch. How often do you actually see that? Its usually over/double under or single collar
This..I felt this was bs from the first game. Only fighters that can clinch straight into thai (like silva,werdum,overeem,ect) from standing should be able to do that and to do it you should have to hold modifier and flick the stick just like you do when your not near the cage. That way players can choose which clinch they wanna do against the cage and not be forced to go into thai. If a fighter doesn't have any special clinch transitions in his move set (like clinch straight into thai or double under), his clinch against the cage should be whatever clinch he does from standing position like over/under or single collar...from there they can try to transition to thai clinch or double under against the cage if they want. But this thing where every fighter can thai clinch you once near the cage isn't how it should be. It's little things like this that keep fighters from feeling different from each other in EA UFC.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-11-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #78
Pro

Well you look at actual fights. How many times does clinch on the cage start in each position? Whats the most common? It sure as hell isnt thai, but any joe blow in the game is suddenly an expert even when they cant do instant thai clinch anywhere else.

Clinch also needs to have more of a risk for those who spam it. Most of the clinch denies push them so far out of range you cant counter unless you have a long fighter or something like a sliding kick. Thai, over and double I think push everyone far away. It should be changed to the deny is either a counter strike, a push, or something. Make it dangerous to just sit there spamming clinch like you see some people do.

Same for takedowns, we need that intercept knee back, you see in some fights someone go for a takedown, gets stuffed and someone throws a strike while bouncing up, scrambles should find a way into the game too. Not like we have now where its transition, wait, deny, transition etc. It seems turn based and robotic. Watching the last event seeing the scrambles and constant work in the Calvillo Gonzalez fight..
Old 04-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #79
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

^ Yh majority of the times clinches against the cage start in neutral clinch positions like over/under or single collar. That's why I think fighters should go to whatever clinch they have from standing position. Basically whatever clinch they choose, depending on what they have available in their clinch moves. If they don't have clinch straight into thai or double under when not near the cage, they should not be able to go straight into it near the cage either. As far as the takedowns go, i'd definitely like to see scrambles make their way in too or some sort of struggle for the td like undisputed had.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #80
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

COLORED UFC SHORTS!

That has me pretty excited to be honest. I want those bright yellow Brazil shorts and the blue USA shorts. The red Canada shorts look good also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »