Home

I keep discovering new transitions

This is a discussion on I keep discovering new transitions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I keep discovering new transitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Dude! I was literally just gonna bring this up. Saw it for the first time last night. I was James Vick, and opp was Nurmagomedov. He shot a takedown, and I stuff it, ending up in sprawl. I deny 2 transitions then we both wait about 10 seconds.. Next thing I know i'm being flipped over his shoulder and he ends up on top in side control!

Never seen that one in 1000s of fights.
That's a special situational transition that only high lvl wrestlers have i think...the firemans carry into side control. Remember GPD showed us it early on in the little clips with the Chuck and Rich toys when the game was very early in development.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-02-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:17 PM   #10
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
I must say that when the sprawl/double under thing happened my opponent had his feet pressed against the cage. There are several transitions that only work against the cage in very specific situations

I think that flipped over thing happens when the top fighter tries to transition to back side and the bottom fighter who has 4* Wrestling transitions tries to go from sprawl bottom to back side as well, and completes his first. I'll test it tomorrow and post a video
Just going off memory while recovering from the flu so I could be wrong , but I think you're right about it being a cage specific transition.

Sent from my LT30a using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
I must say that when the sprawl/double under thing happened my opponent had his feet pressed against the cage. There are several transitions that only work against the cage in very specific situations

I think that flipped over thing happens when the top fighter tries to transition to back side and the bottom fighter who has 4* Wrestling transitions tries to go from sprawl bottom to back side as well, and completes his first. I'll test it tomorrow and post a video
For me when it happens a lot of the time we end up in double under away from the cage and slowly slide back towards the cage, looks weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #12

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Confirmed, the SUB transition from sprawl to double unders happens when the DOM has his back to the cage.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Confirmed, the SUB transition from sprawl to double unders happens when the DOM has his back to the cage.
Haha wow, thanks for clearing that up. There are so many that haven't been discovered yet. I don't know if this is the right thread to suggest this, but in Undisputed 3, while looking at the movelists of the characters during practice there was also a flowchart, showing exactly which moves they could do in what position, including against/near the cage. This would be a nice addition to practice mode in UFC3
Old 04-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #14

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Haha wow, thanks for clearing that up. There are so many that haven't been discovered yet. I don't know if this is the right thread to suggest this, but in Undisputed 3, while looking at the movelists of the characters during practice there was also a flowchart, showing exactly which moves they could do in what position, including against/near the cage. This would be a nice addition to practice mode in UFC3
I agree but the way grappling works in our game makes it a bit more complicated to make the list complete in a digestible way.

We could easily list all the moves the come from neutral in any given position, but a lot of the moves are contextual based on what your opponent is doing, and those get very hard to describe.

I have a big spreadsheet of everything in the game but it would be very, very difficult for the average gamer to digest the information.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
You guys never seen that before? I see it all the time in ranked against Khabib users.
I know there's one where a transition into back side from sprawl has the flip over into side control, but there was another one - a high angle one - which I've never seen before. If I ever come across it, I'll record it and show you guys. It looks phenomenal.

Also, GPD: If I can survive SUGATA's posts, I can survive anything. Bring it.
#3 UT Player (PS4)
95%+ Win Record Overall

#14 - LEC 205
#7 - LEC 203
#3 - LEC 214

But, I'm still selling wolf tickets.

Last edited by JustBlazeM8; 04-03-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #16
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

delete please

Last edited by Dave_S; 04-03-2017 at 05:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »