Home

I keep discovering new transitions

This is a discussion on I keep discovering new transitions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #17
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I keep discovering new transitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I agree but the way grappling works in our game makes it a bit more complicated to make the list complete in a digestible way.

We could easily list all the moves the come from neutral in any given position, but a lot of the moves are contextual based on what your opponent is doing, and those get very hard to describe.

I have a big spreadsheet of everything in the game but it would be very, very difficult for the average gamer to digest the information.
I would bet Generative and a few others (myself included) could adapt that type of information and make it digestible for average users.

kind of late for ufc2 but I think it would be fantastic for ufc 3 to have stuff available like that around launch.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #18
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I would bet Generative and a few others (myself included) could adapt that type of information and make it digestible for average users.

kind of late for ufc2 but I think it would be fantastic for ufc 3 to have stuff available like that around launch.
Hm...releasing doc like that might take a bit more of an approval process than my average forum post.

To give you an idea, the spreadsheet has 3168 rows in it, and 25 columns.

It's a lot of data.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #19
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Hm...releasing doc like that might take a bit more of an approval process than my average forum post.

To give you an idea, the spreadsheet has 3168 rows in it, and 25 columns.

It's a lot of data.
Word. I think it's doable, but I really don't have a clue what's even involved in it. I started throwing together a manual for UFC 2, just got overwhelmed working on it by myself, and since I didn't have official data I didn't want to post false information.

I was thinking of trying to get the meat and potatoes out of that type of information

Last edited by Dave_S; 04-03-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #20
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Yeah, for the next one we're going to have similar issues with the stand up I imagine.

But that should be even more fun.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #21
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
I agree but the way grappling works in our game makes it a bit more complicated to make the list complete in a digestible way.

We could easily list all the moves the come from neutral in any given position, but a lot of the moves are contextual based on what your opponent is doing, and those get very hard to describe.

I have a big spreadsheet of everything in the game but it would be very, very difficult for the average gamer to digest the information.
Definitely doable... And don't worry about making it TOO digestible, we're dumb but not that dumb.

I think it would be great in some kind of an interactive flow chart broken down by position, normal transitions and contextual specific transitions. It could be a part of the game tutorial or just on the internet.

If you have the spread sheet already, it's just a matter of making an interface where the user can view it. Like if I wanted to just see a list of all Near Cage Context Transitions, or just all Cage Clinch Transitions, or just Single Collar Cage Transitions, or just Double Under Cage Context Transitions, or all transitions available to fighters with level X or better BJJ or whatever.

Then of course, you click on a specific one from your search list and the demo animation plays.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #22
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

I would love to get a peek at that
Old 04-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #23
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

For the sake of showing depth you should include all of the moves in the new game. Even if it's just a difficult to read list. I think you'd have a lot of people who really appreciate it, a handful of people who wish it wasn't listed, and a lot of people who may never read through it or understand it but will appreciate the layers of depth that is visible.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #24
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNinja
For the sake of showing depth you should include all of the moves in the new game. Even if it's just a difficult to read list. I think you'd have a lot of people who really appreciate it, a handful of people who wish it wasn't listed, and a lot of people who may never read through it or understand it but will appreciate the layers of depth that is visible.
I agree. Is there even any down side for EA for releasing a difficult to read list?

Besides that handful of people who wish it wasn't listed, I can't think of any. I don't imagine it would include trade secrets or anything like that.

Youtube:Generative James's Games's
Helpful EA UFC 2&3 info with No Commercials!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »