Home

Just came up with an amazing mechanic/idea: Deep Breaths. Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Just came up with an amazing mechanic/idea: Deep Breaths. Your thoughts? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #17
Banned

Kasel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Just came up with an amazing mechanic/idea: Deep Breaths. Your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazeM8
I'd much rather they perfect the fundamentals before adding small ideas such as this. It should be about further developing the base when it comes to UFC 3.
Agreed. EA UFC 1&2's striking is a total mess if you ask me. Let's get EA UFC on par with Undisputed 3 first, then talk about adding features like this
Old 04-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #18
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

It just seems like a cheap recharge method for guys who spam
Old 04-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #19
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
It just seems like a cheap recharge method for guys who spam
Then i guess it seems that you didn't fully grasp the concept.

Anthony Johnson for example might be throwing only bombs and constantly pressuring, but after round 1 or 2 he is finished, he has no stamina and can barely throw anything else or defend anything else properly. NO matter how many deep breaths he tries to take after that, all they do is keep him alive in there but barely standing until a simple shove puts him on his back and gets him rear naked choked.

That's how this feuture is supposed to work, if you keep taking all those deep breaths early and blowing out all of your overall stamina, taking em on the later rounds would be mandatory to keep you standing and then you'd be f***ed since you would be open all the time from trying to take a deep breath to do anything.

I don't see how people fail to realise that something like that would be balanced? They think that people are gonna spam L3 and have infinite stamina or smth... That's not what i am saying in my post. I am saying it's downsides are gonna be there, so you'll need to properly use it, or not use it all.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 04-15-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #20
Rookie

While we're at it, how about we also have a 'bladder and bowel' control minigame where you have to make sure your fighter doesn't piss/crap him/herself during the fight.

No, I want a fighting game, not a 'bodily function simulator'. It would be pointless and annoying, not to mention a waste of time for the devs to properly implement that into the game when they should be focusing on making a good FIGHTING/MMA game. Bad idea, no thanks.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #21
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozoog
While we're at it, how about we also have a 'bladder and bowel' control minigame where you have to make sure your fighter doesn't piss/crap him/herself during the fight.

No, I want a fighting game, not a 'bodily function simulator'. It would be pointless and annoying, not to mention a waste of time for the devs to properly implement that into the game when they should be focusing on making a good FIGHTING/MMA game. Bad idea, no thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #22
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
The concept, is basically, imagine a game like EA UFC 2 + add that mechanic in place to add an even deeper layer to the game.

It wouldn't be nescessary, it could be considered an advanced technique or what not, me personally i'd much rather i had something like that rather than the current lean to avoid a jab then go for a magic blink sort of takedown.
I get it. I honestly just don't think it's a good idea though...especially in the games current state. Maybe later down the line when they have perfected things they can think of a way to implement things like that. But having something like that in the game now would be more likely to turn into nightmare imo.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:28 AM   #23
Pro

Nope. Makes no sense. Big step away from a realistic game.

Remaining calm, knowing your own gas tank, steady breathing, and correct pace are things that you directly or indirectly mentioned. I agree that those are important. But these are preservation techniques, at least during a fight. Nothing natural gives a sudden artificial and unnatural burst.

No one takes a deep breath and suddenly has any minute or few seconds uptick in ability. It just makes no sense. In that case that button could be a different power up move for each unique fighter -- someone shaking the cage for an energy burst. Why not?

Okay, add my list to those who've beat a dead horse strongly opposing this idea.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 04-20-2017 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Changed from just a minute to seconds of energy burst
Old 04-20-2017, 03:24 AM   #24
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Nope. Makes no sense. Big step away from a realistic game.

Remaining calm, knowing your own gas tank, steady breathing, and correct pace are things that you directly or indirectly mentioned. I agree that those are important. But these are preservation techniques, at least during a fight. Nothing natural gives a sudden artificial and unnatural burst.

No one takes a deep breath and suddenly has any minute or few seconds uptick in ability. It just makes no sense. In that case that button could be a different power up move for each unique fighter -- someone shaking the cage for an energy burst. Why not?

Okay, add my list to those who've beat a dead horse strongly opposing this idea.
Geez, just have a little imagination with the whole concept.

I am not talking about just taking 1 Deep breath like you do in Call of Duty before you 360 quick scope somebody.

Look at people who are just about to deadlift something huge and they take sort of a posture on top of deep breaths right before they push themselves to the limit and get their stamina and mommentum temporarily focused on 1 thing, in order to achieve it.

I am saying to imagine that, on somoene taking a few deep breaths and having some sort of a posture that is getting ready and sets off his momentum on 1 target right before they are ready to drop a brutal uppercut or right before they are about to initiate a takedown that they know they'll have to comit to & struggle in order to stand a chance in landing it, so you see them take a deep breath along with leaning or posturing in such a way that there is no turning back and they slingshot themselves torwards their target.

Like you can easily notice fighters throw some effortless jabs or weak leg kicks of some sort just to let their opponent think about it, but you can also see the type of kicks Aldo was throwing at Uriah Faber, where you can feel the bad intention behind it and you see aldo scripting each kick, because right before the kick lands, you see him struggling to breath and charge up in order to throw it.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 04-20-2017 at 03:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »