Home

Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #9
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I don't understand this opinion coming from a dev especially one of the lead ones.

People that mash violently always lost and if you went in random directions you would surely lose.

The only thing that destroyed the controllers in the original ufc games was the spinning you needed to do to get a submission.

It also tore the skin off your hands haha.

But come on dude, your post was pretty blatantly ignorant of how the old ground games worked in thq version.
I was really referring to UD, I was joking about the controller destroying properties of UFC 1. In which the swoop was actually completely irrelevant. It only acquire some gameplay relevance in UFC 2, which is why I always find it odd when people complain that it's gone.

Because:

1. It's not gone
2. It actually does something now.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #10
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Maybe instead of holding the stick we should make you mash it violently in random directions to do a transition.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I was really referring to UD, I was joking about the controller destroying properties of UFC 1. In which the swoop was actually completely irrelevant. It only acquire some gameplay relevance in UFC 2, which is why I always find it odd when people complain that it's gone.

Because:

1. It's not gone
2. It actually does something now.
I personally rather swooping...think it just has to do with coming from playing UD. So I play with the grapple assist off and try to perfect swoop when I transition. But what I find alot of ppl dislike is the "loading" of a transition.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-20-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

There's swoops in this game, it's just that nobody uses them.

The ground controls are completely fine, my only complaint is the arm trap being on the same input as the escape.

Honestly don't understand how people can hate on UFC2 ground. It easily blows every mma game's grappling system out of the water. There is always room for improvement but there really isn't anything major I'd change.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #13
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
There's swoops in this game, it's just that nobody uses them.

The ground controls are completely fine, my only complaint is the arm trap being on the same input as the escape.

Honestly don't understand how people can hate on UFC2 ground. It easily blows every mma game's grappling system out of the water. There is always room for improvement but there really isn't anything major I'd change.
Yh it's honestly the best ground game ever in an mma game. All they have to do is add more to it. One thing I really wanna see them do aside from adding more positions and stuff is letting good submission fighters be able to catch strikes into submission attempts. It could be done the same way the arm trap is done, except you would just have to hold down the submission modifier.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #14
Pro

I expect it to be mostly the same. I hope we see new animations and some sort of extended momentum transition mechanic to mimic rolling in real life. If that was done id be ok with all other resources going elsewhere
Old 04-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #15
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Surprise your asking for this considering your usually the guy blanketing ppl lol. But yh the stand up's could be a bit faster though, but not too fast. Gotta give ppl time to work also. And don't stand me up from a dominant position like mount or back mount.
I love to just lay on people and go for subs, but I also love mma and know that refs play a big part in a fight. As it stands right now when 2 elite ground guys fight it usually just becomes a baby punch into side control over and over. This is were the fight should be stood up because we keep denying each other.

You can literally just deny and never get stood up and just throw 1 baby punch and reset the timer. Full mount as it stands can get you stood up faster then any other position on the ground. That's not right. I don't need it too fast, but something a lil quicker when you actually don't do anything or just throw baby punches and never improve your position.

A dream scenario would be to have each referee have a different meta on how fast they stand fighters up. That would be amazing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

I hope it's overhauled. Fighters (assuming they are roughly even on the ground) on the bottom should rarely be able to escape unless the opponent is striking or they reverse a transition attempt. Fighters on top should be able to strike even while the fighter on the bottom is transitioning, gaining a few blows in exchange for position. This would fit within the current control scheme while also being much more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »