Home

Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #17
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will the ground game change at all for EA UFC 3?

I'd like to see a survey of the 10,000 plus players on daily voting if they actually like the ground game. I'd be inclined to believe the don't.

It's just the loud minority on this website that says otherwise.

There are plenty of times where you can't even do anything on the ground and are just waiting for some under the hood mechanic to finish working before you can transition, especially in full mount. Takes forever to actually posture up or throw a strike. Not to mention the fakes. Omg
Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #18
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
There's swoops in this game, it's just that nobody uses them.

The ground controls are completely fine, my only complaint is the arm trap being on the same input as the escape.

Honestly don't understand how people can hate on UFC2 ground. It easily blows every mma game's grappling system out of the water. There is always room for improvement but there really isn't anything major I'd change.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-arm-trap.html
Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I never want to go back to the quick swoop, sure you can still do it but I like holding in different directions. It's saves your PS4 controller compared to UFC 1 when that game was a controller destroyer.
LOL THIS!!! That's why I loving EA UFC2's fill up grappling system.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #20
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I know it's been said they are almost exclusively working on the striking this go around, so I am worried the clinch and ground are going to be the same mess they are now.

I really can't stand it. I just hate having to hold a direction to do anything while grappling. I really hope they tune both these areas.

Working on one area at a time is not good business practice Imo.
Would disagree with this. I can't see anything bad coming out of having a focus. I don't interpret that to mean nothing else will be looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I'd like to see a survey of the 10,000 plus players on daily voting if they actually like the ground game. I'd be inclined to believe the don't.

It's just the loud minority on this website that says otherwise.

There are plenty of times where you can't even do anything on the ground and are just waiting for some under the hood mechanic to finish working before you can transition, especially in full mount. Takes forever to actually posture up or throw a strike. Not to mention the fakes. Omg
Well where else have people been saying that they don't like it? Everything I've read from here and other sites seem to be pretty positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #21
Banned

Kasel's Arena

I love the current transition system (not the whole ground game, just the transitions) I hope it doesn't get overhauled, but improved upon.

In truth, I hate everything about the ground game and clinch (the exact same mechanics, correct me if I'm wrong) other than the new transition system GPD gave us with UFC 2. The striking are still the worst ever, especially the animations. And submissions are so unsatisfying that I never ever submit anyone, or TKO for that matter because of how robbed of a finish I feel. Literally let every opponent up before they're finished even in ranked.. lol. so sad

I loved GnPing and submitting in Undisputed, it felt so good. The biggest problem with the animations are how extremely gentle the motion captures look, as if they're overly trying to show their mo-cap "opponents" that they're trying hard to not harm them, it reminds me of new guys in my kickboxing gym always showing me how gentle they are to make me strike gently as well and not go as hard as I do against experienced guys

But the animations aren't the big issue with submissions, it's just how bad the mini-game is. Would be such a nice surprise to find out we have TBS in UFC 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #22
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Yh the GnP still looks and feels kinda off to me. Like it almost looks like the top guy is trying to "pull" his punches or hit soft. Think it's the mo-cap animation causing this for sure. I also hate how GnP body strikes can interrupt transitions and cause hit stun. This allows players to be wreckless with GnP and still have success, while the bottom fighter has to just sit there and wait for GA to build or try to arm trap. I feel like only strikes to the head should be able to interrupt transitions, cuz the body is usually capable of taking a bit more.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #23
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh the GnP still looks and feels kinda off to me. Like it almost looks like the top guy is trying to "pull" his punches or hit soft. Think it's the mo-cap animation causing this for sure. I also hate how GnP body strikes can interrupt transitions and cause hit stun. This allows players to be wreckless with GnP and still have success, while the bottom fighter has to just sit there and wait for GA to build or try to arm trap. I feel like only strikes to the head should be able to interrupt transitions, cuz the body is usually capable of taking a bit more.
Yeah I'm honestly very surprised at the fact that these ground striking animations passed through to both games. They should have someone go super hard on a heavy bag on the ground like this drill here https://youtu.be/UP_n0X_An2Q?t=388 with the mo-capping gear on

I wonder if that's what they did with Undisputed 3 because damn did the ground & pound look vicious in that game, I picked wrestlers exclusively in that game because of how good takedowns and GnP felt, especially when you catch your opponent striking hard with a double leg takedown, so satisfying
Old 04-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #24
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
Yeah I'm honestly very surprised at the fact that these ground striking animations passed through to both games. They should have someone go super hard on a heavy bag on the ground like this drill here https://youtu.be/UP_n0X_An2Q?t=388 with the mo-capping gear on

I wonder if that's what they did with Undisputed 3 because damn did the ground & pound look vicious in that game, I picked wrestlers exclusively in that game because of how good takedowns and GnP felt, especially when you catch your opponent striking hard with a double leg takedown, so satisfying
Yh undisputed's GnP looked and felt way more brutal. The GnP in this game just looks so choreographed or something. The td's were better in UD too cuz they had a wide variety of them (so everyone didn't have the same td animations) and they actually had struggle states were you fight for/against a td attempt. Then even in the clinch they had more variety of td's from judo types to greco wrestling types. EA is still kinda stuck in the basics when it comes to the td's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »