Home

Short term stamina vs long term stamina

This is a discussion on Short term stamina vs long term stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 03:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Short term stamina vs long term stamina

I'm sure everyone is tired of throwing a 5 strike combo then having their fighter flail his arms through the air only to wait for a blue bar to fill up. This problem can be fixed by increasing the short term stamina and effect it has on long term stamina when redlining. This way fighters can effectively blitz their opponent but will pay heavily if they get wild.
It will also result in more accurate styles of fighting. For instance in Robin blacks 204 breakdown, he talks about energy systems. Tryon Woodley being a sprint and recover fighter, Nick Diaz being a marathon man, and bisping at the middle ground. This tweak would add a layer of offensive strategy, defensive awareness, and extra sense of risk/reward. Not to mention casual fans will be very pleased that they can have arlovski vs brown brawls and not gas out every 7 seconds
Using seperate stats for long term and short term would also be great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Short term stamina vs long term stamina

I would say more people are tired of opponents spamming strikes until they gas out and being able to back up without getting touched while their stamina regenerates.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage8_8
I would say more people are tired of opponents spamming strikes until they gas out and being able to back up without getting touched while their stamina regenerates.
Yeah this. 100%

So annoying.

Throw a 7 strike combo. Back up for 3 seconds, completely avoiding any strikes, and boom stamina is full again.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
One of the biggest problems with the title

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
You're looking at it through the last iteration I'm not talking about a patch in talking about the new game. It's pretty much confirmed we are getting a more realistic stand up with more importance on movement and distance management. For the sake of argument let's say you can close the distance faster and strikes deal more damage against a gassed player, would this system still be ineffective?

Sent from my 5054N using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #6
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Agreed. The problem with this is that they make strike speed slow down when you are not in close enough range of the opponent. This is the first thing that makes backing up so effective cuz when they back up and you strike, your not in close enough range, which makes you strike like you are underwater. The second thing that helps backing up work is that when you gas, your movement is not affected and you can still move (and back up) at the same speed, when in reality you should be moving slower if you gas yourself. They need to leave striking speed the same no matter what...striking speed shouldn't change just because you are not within range of the opponent. And if you gas out, your movement needs to slow down too. If they leave striking speed the same even if your out of range and make movement slower if you gas out, I assure you backing up won't work as well anymore.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
Pro

If they rework the striking system they would almost have too have a system like this. I am 100% for it if the striking is revamped and made to be realistic. Obviously that would mean striking while moving would be possible and running away would be more difficult. The "blitz" wouldnt be possible in the first place if we cant move and strike.

I seriously made a post yesterday in another thread that was almost identical to what you have said but i never saw this thread haha
Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Just have to be careful not to make pressure fighting too powerful. 75% of IRL fights have the fighters fighting slowly and deliberately, using movement, and picking their shots.

There's really only a few fighters IRL who are successful constantly moving forward throwing volume.

Using movement, being patient, and picking your shots is much much much more realistic than everyone just spamming out 8 hit combos over and over.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »