Home

Temporary Ban For "Rage" Quitters?

This is a discussion on Temporary Ban For "Rage" Quitters? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #17
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Temporary Ban For "Rage" Quitters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
The problem is they quit before the celebration animation it's for that it's count as a DQ.
what they have to is to quit when the celebration animation start.
for counter that, make very more losing points for ragequiting and people will stay until they get finished.
Terrible idea. There's times when I get randomly kicked from the EA servers. That's the way it was in UFC 1 and it sucked so much.

Just get rid of the DNF overall. There's no need to keep punishing people. They already lost just move on.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #18
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Late last night I had quite a few "server" issues. I know it's said the game doesn't use servers, but in the game itself it says you have lost connection to servers. Maybe servers only used for matchmaking?
Old 04-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #19
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Sometimes I will be playing a top level player that I know doesn't quit and in the middle of are match we both get disconnected and I get the win.

Also there's times when we both get disconnected and none of us get the win, but it said we got the lose but no points were taken away.

NO THANKS....I never want to see a disconnect penalty or DNF in my life again. 8,000 plus fights I think I know what I'm talking about.

GET RID OF THE DNF EA!!!

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 04-27-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #20
Pro

Why get rid dnf% is it somehow negatively impacting you? I feel like im missing something
Old 04-27-2017, 10:15 PM   #21
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Only thing that irks me about quits is when you can't hop right into a fight again because it says waiting to determine outcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #22
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
Why get rid dnf% is it somehow negatively impacting you? I feel like im missing something
It is supposed to discourage quitting. It doesn't. So it is actually kind of pointless. Get rid of it. At least the record showing, and bans.

I would rather see something like high DNF getting matched against other high DNF.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime

I would rather see something like high DNF getting matched against other high DNF.
^ THIS!

Even if DNF is a hidden statistic, the game should be smart enough to recognize patterns, like someone who quits every time the get taken down, or just dominated on the ground, or every time they're about to get submitted.

The game should then use this variable in the fight-matching algorithm so quitters end up facing each other, and the adults who don't have a high quit % (giving a cushion for the occasional quit due to laggy game etc.) are matched with one another - or at least on the margin the game attempts to meet the criteria just explained. This might be hard with such a small community, but it might help without anyone knowing any difference
Old 04-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #24
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I don't really understand why this bothers anyone. I understand it could be better, but it should be the absolute last thing on ea's list of priorities in my opinion. If anything changes with matchmaking the first thing to be addressed should be region/speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »