Home

Learn from the past.

This is a discussion on Learn from the past. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

OVR: 0
Learn from the past.

dont divide the community into two like THQ did.

We heard only good things about UD3 from THQ but what about the fact they have blocked ranked on normal stamina and 3 rounds fights.
This totaly blow ranked fights and allow crazy fights rhythm.
It's totally incomprehensible for a game which wants aims to be a simulation.
It should have been only accessible in offline mode like KO Mode of Ea Ufc2.

I remember getting blasted in ranked by GSP players only due to fact the **** was blocked in normal egergy settings, I would have liked to see big cee deals with submission in this mode, its was almost impossible due to the fact stamina regenerate too fastly and stamina Slowly dropped compared to the simulation mode. Hope that EA does not make the same mistake about energy/damage settings.

And when we see a UD3 martial mind video, he always adjust the energy settings on SIMULATION and not normal.
THQ did the mistake of having made two energy mode. Either you do one or the other.

One other things is fighter stats, a other thing which blow certain weightclass like featherweight. I know certain players who are known for their grappling style picking Conor because he is the best grappler of the division regarding stats and it's a non sense for a simulation so why not Trick the display of stats, for exemple, for featherweight Conor, you give him his WW grappling stats, 87 for clinch and 82 for grounds, but instead of display 90 OVR, lets trick the overall and display a fake visible 94.

So like this, he will not be the best grappler of the division what is heresy but will still be the best OVR of the division.

to conlude, you want to make a simulation or not?
Small details like this make all the difference.

Last edited by Donnie_Brasco_FR; 04-27-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Learn from the past.

Here's the problem with stamina. Not everyone wants hyper realistic stamina.

I loved simulation stamina on UD3. I thought it made the pace of the game very realistic but not everyone does. There is a big subset of casual fans who would complain and find the game sluggish if stamina was made too realistic.

Now for a offline player like me, this isnt an issue. If there is a stamina option or sliders in UFC3, I can tweak it to whatever setting makes me happy. But EA's only option online is to either split the community or force everyone to play with a certain stamina setting.

FYI, KO mode wasnt offline only because they didnt want to split the community. They developed that mode late into development and they didnt want to spend the resources needed to make it online at the end of the dev cycle.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

You don't want people to have options? Nah, pass on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #4
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
No i dont for energy settings like THQ did because it aim to be a simulation and THQ Had blocked ranked on normal, I almost tore my hair for it.

But yeah, i want options for filter OVR selection, Network quality...
Old 04-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
First of all there shouldn't have even been a "normal" stamina setting in the first place. The sim setting was perfect. And secondly, UD3 DIDNT give you the option IN RANKED. You were forced to use "normal" stamina settings in ranked matches. And the "normal" setting was just really really terrible.

It is essentially like a difficulty setting. Are you upset that Madden locks the difficulty setting on allpro? Or should you have the option to play your ranked matches on rookie?

Last edited by zeric; 04-27-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
First of all there shouldn't have even been a "normal" stamina setting in the first place. The sim setting was perfect. And secondly, UD3 DIDNT give you the option IN RANKED. You were forced to use "normal" stamina settings in ranked matches. And the "normal" setting was just really really terrible.

It is essentially like a difficulty setting. Are you upset that Madden locks the difficulty setting on allpro? Or should you have the option to play your ranked matches on rookie?
Perfect....for you. It was perfect for me too but players like us dont make up the majority of people who play this game.

Also your analogy is a bit off. A difficulty setting can effect all aspects of Madden. From a WRs ability to catch a pass to how well the OL blocks. A stamina setting just affects one setting...stamina.

A better example is Madden's speed setting. I think Slow is the most realistic speed setting on the game and what I prefer playing. Most people dont and play on normal. I would love the option to play ranked games against people who like the slow realistic speed.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
Pro

I'm not even against these sorts of options. I just don't think they should even have a non simulation setting in the game if what they are striving to make is a simulation of the sport. If they put in sliders and let people do as they wish offline or in player matches(like how CAF are usable), thats great and I am all for it. But i think the devs should be focused on delivering a simulation game and that should definitely be the settings used in ranked IF(keyword) a simulation is what they are striving for.

I am not worried about splitting the community, but more concerned about devs splitting their resources just so they can appease players that dont want the simulation they are striving for. Give us silders and let people who dont like the game work it out themselves.

And fwiw this whole post is written with the assumption that the game is striving for realism. Pretty confident i read GPD post they were striving for more of a simulation this time around.

Last edited by zeric; 04-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
I'm not even against these sorts of options. I just don't think they should even have a non simulation setting in the game if what they are striving to make is a simulation of the sport. If they put in sliders and let people do as they wish offline or in player matches(like how CAF are usable), thats great and I am all for it. But i think the devs should be focused on delivering a simulation game and that should definitely be the settings used in ranked IF(keyword) a simulation is what they are striving for.

I am not worried about splitting the community, but more concerned about devs splitting their resources just so they can appease players that dont want the simulation they are striving for. Give us silders and let people who dont like the game work it out themselves.

And fwiw this whole post is written with the assumption that the game is striving for realism. Pretty confident i read GPD post they were striving for more of a simulation this time around.
GPD's statement that they are "striving for more of a simulation" doesnt mean that they want to ignore casual fans who dont care about the game being hyper realistic. That would be counter-intuitive. They arent in the position to create a game that alienates a large segment of the potential consumer base. That would be suicide. UFC 3 cant afford to lose casual fans. EA is a corporation and their first concern is their bottom line.

I'm aware of some of the things that the devs are working on and I can confirm that many of them skew towards realism. Many of the discussions I've witnessed about mechanics in the game are primarily based in how to make the mechanic realistic. With that said, its a video game that has to appeal to everyone and is trying to maximize the number of people who buy the game.

As an offline gamer, I want sliders. I've been asking for them for 3 yrs. I just asked about them recently. I want the control to be in my hands.

Online is different. People cant have it both ways. They could add sliders or realism settings to online and only match people up who have similar settings....but you would have people complaining about the community being split.

You could design the game so that stamina is hyper realistic....but you would have a big segment of the community complain about how ranked isnt fun and it could turn off casual fans.

You could make stamina less realistic.....but hardcore fans (a smaller but more devoted set of consumers) would complain about it.

So there is no easy answer online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »