Home

Combo multiplier solution concerns

This is a discussion on Combo multiplier solution concerns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Combo multiplier solution concerns

I agree that rolling with punches is desireable. But to be fair, I think it is already implemented in UFC2 to some degree.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:32 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
1 thing I would like to see is "Rolling with the punches"

If my Opponent throws a right hook, and I roll to the right with the punch. It should do significantly less damage. This is a very common technique many high level fighters use to lessen the impact of strikes.

In EA UFC 2 it doesn't matter at all, and you'll still get blasted.

Just something small, but would be nice to see. Especially if the striking is headed where I think it is with a much stronger emphasis on timing, and placing your strikes intelligently. Small nuances like this can make a huge difference.
Again, I think the common theme to what we're asking is a physics based game rather than ambiguous at best, or arbitrary and Arcady combo multiplier at worst.

I've got faith that this is already being worked on, but I really hope things like I listed at the beginning of this thread are incorporated (footwork, spacing, timing, angles, etc.) along with stats and stamina are what determine damage (even one punch shots).

On the defensive side, I like the idea of shoulder rolling, or a weak variation as we haven't really seen any Pernell Whitaker's or James Toney types in MMA. But yeah, I'm all for damage output as well as avoided or deflected damage being directly linked to realistic physics.

After this is the core of the mechanic, all that's left is Providing us, the user, the tools to creatively utilize these improved damage system.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #11
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Don't worry, no one will be asking for the combo multiplier to return.
1) We need to understand what is the COMBO. In arcade fightings Combo = GUARANTEED not evadable hits & damage with DECREASE of dmg mp (every next landed strike in a combo deals less than normal dmg).
> Not usable in sim like EA UFC, b/c no juggles/natural combos irl.

2) In EA UFC 2, Combo = damage MP with every next hit.
> Needs to nerf/cancel CM in exchange to bringing up and increasing granted STRIKING ADVANTAGE - i.e. successfully landed strike give you much more OPPORTUNITY to land youe next strike (you have more striking/frames advanatage b/c the opponent is in disadvantage b/cof hit stun)... This will be the right direction to evolve Combo system in EA UFc b/c this is more real life rules!

Last edited by SUGATA; 07-07-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 11:38 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Thanks a lot, mate. That's avery good observation. Duly noted.

Do you know if the straight to straight non-combos flowed quickly into one another? This would make matters even worse.

Nice ideas, man. Did you ever play EA MMA?
No, they did not flow into each other, there was a very small delay between each one. But they all had a chance to stun, so with long-armed fighters like the Klitschkos you could throw them over and over again, hundreds, from the outside without getting tired until one of them stunned your opponent while they couldn't close in.

Also I don't know if this was meant for Ksearyback, but I remember having fought you several times in EA MMA
Old 07-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #13
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
No, they did not flow into each other, there was a very small delay between each one. But they all had a chance to stun, so with long-armed fighters like the Klitschkos you could throw them over and over again, hundreds, from the outside without getting tired until one of them stunned your opponent while they couldn't close in.

Also I don't know if this was meant for Ksearyback, but I remember having fought you several times in EA MMA
Yeah. I heard of this infamous tactic. We're on it... really keeping an eye so it doesn't become a good tactic in UFC 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
1) We need to understand what is the COMBO. In arcade fightings Combo = GUARANTEED not evadable hits & damage with DECREASE of dmg mp (every next landed strike in a combo deals less than normal dmg).
> Not usable in sim like EA UFC, b/c no juggles/natural combos irl.

2) In EA UFC 2, Combo = damage MP with every next hit.
> Needs to nerf/cancel CM in exchange to bringing up and increasing granted STRIKING ADVANTAGE - i.e. successfully landed strike give you much more OPPORTUNITY to land youe next strike (you have more striking/frames advanatage b/c the opponent is in disadvantage b/cof hit stun)... This will be the right direction to evolve Combo system in EA UFc b/c this is more real life rules!
Exactly.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #14
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair

Exactly.
As u r a game changer (so have inside knowledge), i am very hoping that THIS new Combo and overal striking mechanics will be implemented in EA UFC 3... And i cant wait to see some new info about UFC 3 from devs!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »