Home

I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls PATCH

This is a discussion on I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls PATCH within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls PATCH

13k people online saturday afternoon/night.

My past 5 games in a row in ranked have been a laggy crapfest.

I've lost 3 of them and ragequited 2 of them while i was getting beat unconcious and i've decided to stop playing after wasting 40 min of my life in a frustrating and unfun mess.

A few months ago, i could live with it, as i was playing quick match 99% of the time and if the game lagged i left from the get go and went on to the next one, but now Quick match is dead and it takes forever to find a game and you have to choose all the weight classes, which is why noone is playing it.

Seeing how UFC 3 is not gonna come until 2018, it leaves us another half a year of laggy matchmaking that will inevitably slowly kill the game as 90% of it is online only.

At least throw a small patch to keep the game alive, where it takes longer queue to find a proper match and doesn't start unstable matches with inconistent lagging and unplayable delay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls P

I play nothing but quick match and find matches in about 2 seconds everytime.
I think your issue comes from the way quick match only matches you against people in your Ranked division.

I have been dealing with a crazy amount of lag lately though. I pay a stupid amount of money for my internet so I know it's not coming from my end. Nothing else lags, not other ps4 games, computer games, downloads, streaming movies, nothing except EA UFC 2. And some games i'll get crazy absurd lag that renders the game basically unplayable and i'll just quit out of the match at that point.

There's definitely some issue with the way this game functions online. I don't know enough about tech but it doesn't make sense that this is literally the only piece of technology in my life that lags like this.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: I think the game doesn't get enough criticism for it's terrible matchmaking.Pls P

Making quick match open rank would help. quick match isn't dead, its actually quite actice. Pretty sure ufc 1 quick match was open rank, and was fine that way.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I play nothing but quick match and find matches in about 2 seconds everytime.
I think your issue comes from the way quick match only matches you against people in your Ranked division.

I have been dealing with a crazy amount of lag lately though. I pay a stupid amount of money for my internet so I know it's not coming from my end. Nothing else lags, not other ps4 games, computer games, downloads, streaming movies, nothing except EA UFC 2. And some games i'll get crazy absurd lag that renders the game basically unplayable and i'll just quit out of the match at that point.

There's definitely some issue with the way this game functions online. I don't know enough about tech but it doesn't make sense that this is literally the only piece of technology in my life that lags like this.

That discussion aside, the fact that ranked games are even allowed to initiate when the connection is that unstable is beyond me.

A simple patch would fix that, by not allowing them to start if they are too unstable and by increasing the matchmaking times in order to get the best connection as a priority.

It doesn't look like they even considered a basic if statement as far as programming goes.

"If ping between 2 players > X ammount then don't put them against one another"

Other feutures that need to be patched in, is instead of showing the players online, it needs to show how many in which mode and how many in each division.

Those are simple things, that they are afraid to patch in, because it will propably break a hundred of other little things, since the whole menu/programming related side of the game is messed up from the ground up.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

1) They have said awhile ago they will not be patching UFC2 anymore

2) To fix the lag issue is VERY complicated and certainly not an easy fix. People really underestimate how much time and effort it takes for even the smallest of changes. Even getting that new monthly leaderboard took quite some time and collaborative effort from numerous people within EA.

My advice - For some reason there is a lot more foreign players on PS4, getting an Xbox might not be a bad idea. Also, play at a different time. Usually anywhere from 6PM to 1AM is the best time to play (if you are in the US) as most foreigners are asleep at those hours.

If you are struggling to find matches in quickmatch, your NAT might be messed up.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 05-13-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

open rank quick match ufc 3. Dudes that lag get 24 online bans. Must have PlayStation plus subscription to play online.

That would solve lots of issues.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:02 AM   #7
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
open rank quick match ufc 3. Dudes that lag get 24 online bans. Must have PlayStation plus subscription to play online.

That would solve lots of issues.
Isn't PS+ subscription required to play EA UFC 2 online already?
Old 05-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
1) They have said awhile ago they will not be patching UFC2 anymore

2) To fix the lag issue is VERY complicated and certainly not an easy fix. People really underestimate how much time and effort it takes for even the smallest of changes. Even getting that new monthly leaderboard took quite some time and collaborative effort from numerous people within EA.

My advice - For some reason there is a lot more foreign players on PS4, getting an Xbox might not be a bad idea. Also, play at a different time. Usually anywhere from 6PM to 1AM is the best time to play (if you are in the US) as most foreigners are asleep at those hours.

If you are struggling to find matches in quickmatch, your NAT might be messed up.
1. I know this was said so many months ago, but now that we got info that EA UFC 3 is gonna take this long to be deployed, EA UFC 2's core matchmaking issues cannot keep up until then. The game will keep unfairly dying just from those issues alone as less and less people will be playing approaching that date.

2. If they cannot fix an issue, that appears to be really simplistic, behind a company like EA, then that is pretty bad. And compared to all the other difficulties, i don't believe that's a tough one at all. It looks like something that could be fixxed in a day, under normal circumstances, but EA UFC's 2 core programming is messed up from the get go and it's a copy paste of EA UFC's 1, which was already a mess.

Come on dude, you can't be offering as a solution "buy an xbox one" .

Not only is that an unrealistic recommendation to begin with, but the fact that there is even a smaller player base on that dead console, would make that issue even worse.

Best solution, would have been to go the route some indie devs went with Rocket League and connect the player bases off both consoles. That's something a small dev team did easily and is still supporting their game.

I understand how some devs from EA UFC 2 might be underpaid or smthing and that could be their statement to stop supporting EA UFC 2 so early and ignoring all the glitches and gamebreaking issues the game still has, but that simple patch to alter the matchmaking, is just to keep the game afloat until EA UFC 3, before the player base plumits even lower because of it and allow us MMA fans.

There are simply some unstable games, that is unacceptable for them to even begin, I don't see how they would be hard to be patched out. Instead of a round ending in 3 minutes with the accelarted clock, thanks to the lag and delay that is so bad, the round ends in 5-6 actual minutes.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-14-2017 at 01:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »