Home

What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high block?

This is a discussion on What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high block? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's the best way to stop an opponent who always keeps chasing you with high block?

there re some people who just constantly will be walking towards u with high block on, always in ur face
what s the best way to stop them, best strikes, combos, technique?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: what s the best way how to stop opponent who always keeo chasing u with high bloc

I'd like to know too since this is really annoying. Jabs and straights get parried, body kicks do not hitstun and open me up for a 1-2-1-2 to the body, same for leg kicks, and any full on body 1-2 trades I always seem to lose, backdashing and lunging doesn't enable me to get away either
Old 05-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: what s the best way how to stop opponent who always keeo chasing u with high bloc

I don't know any tricks and I don't look for any when I fight. You need to make them respect your stand-up #1. If you're not catching them with anything there's no reason for them to slow down their attack. The feints in this game are awful, but they work well against people who look to parry a ton. It breaks up their rhythm if nothing else. If they're blocking high, go to the body to open them up. I'm not sure what advice to give other than that.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I don't know any tricks and I don't look for any when I fight. You need to make them respect your stand-up #1. If you're not catching them with anything there's no reason for them to slow down their attack. The feints in this game are awful, but they work well against people who look to parry a ton. It breaks up their rhythm if nothing else. If they're blocking high, go to the body to open them up. I'm not sure what advice to give other than that.
That's the whole problem. Even if I go for the body I don't hitstun them, I lose exchanges even if we both throw the exact same combo. If I hit them with body kicks they just bulldoze through for some reason
Old 05-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
That's the whole problem. Even if I go for the body I don't hitstun them, I lose exchanges even if we both throw the exact same combo. If I hit them with body kicks they just bulldoze through for some reason
You say that like you're anticipating getting a hit stun every exchange. I don't know if that's the case, but that's not a good way of approaching this game.

I'll say this, though. I fought a guy the other day where I was Wineland and he was Michael MacDonald, and he beat me to the punch the whole fight no matter what. Wineland's strike was ridiculously slow in comparison. The fighters you're using could have a lot to do with some of these exchanges as well.

I don't get overwhelmed by strikers very often, though. Hopefully some other people can chime in with better advice than me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
You say that like you're anticipating getting a hit stun every exchange. I don't know if that's the case, but that's not a good way of approaching this game.

I'll say this, though. I fought a guy the other day where I was Wineland and he was Michael MacDonald, and he beat me to the punch the whole fight no matter what. Wineland's strike was ridiculously slow in comparison. The fighters you're using could have a lot to do with some of these exchanges as well.

I don't get overwhelmed by strikers very often, though. Hopefully some other people can chime in with better advice than me.
Well, I'm mostly talking about UT where everybody (including me) has 100 standup and lvl5 perks/moves, so we should technically be equal in striking, but I very often lose
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #7
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

1) Directional strikes deal more damage and cause mini-stun. If he is following you as you describe it, try moving sideways then throw a kick from the side you are moving torwards and he is following you at. For Example Left Lead body kick if you are moving Left etc.

2) Lean a bit then throw a body kick (It deals more damage)

3) Go to the body with 1 strike then instantly to the head if he trys to hit you after your first strike

4) If he waits a bit and doesn't let go off the block at your first strike in order to mini-stun you at his first strike (3rd strike of the exchange), you need to play decision and throw 1 strike and move till he gets bored of his style.

5) Do the fake rear head kick then hit him with the lead head kick (fast faint exchange)

6) Lunge a lot when you get your back at the cage with the big lunges while holding block

7) For some reason the game takes into account how fast you input your strikes, so when you throw a combo, if you notice your opponent always ends up 1 hit stunning you while you are mid-throwing a strike animation, then try inputing your combos faster, since they will be more effective. (this rule makes 1-2 jab/straight so OP)

8) Try throwing small combos in order to not lose a lot of stamina and not having to keep going backwards after every exchange. If you do that, try moving sideways instead of backwards to control the center of the octagon and pressure him back. (If you notice, most people who chase after you, they mainly move sideways to maintain center of the octagon control, which is very favorable from the judges)

9) Learn your combos, some combos are slower, but some are weirdly fast, for example body jab then a rear crane kick or body rear kick then lead uppercut or straight then an uppercut then straight again or rear body kick, uppercut then crane kick or straight to finish the combo off

Edit:

10) If he is predictable with his striking after the block, try parrying. A good tip for always geting the parries, is to hold the block + strike button not just tap it, since the parry window will be longer and you'll be getting better parries.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-24-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
1) Directional strikes deal more damage and cause mini-stun. If he is following you as you describe it, try moving sideways then throw a kick from the side you are moving. For Example Left Lead body kick if you are moving Left etc.

2) Lean a bit then throw a body kick (It deals more damage)

3) Go to the body with 1 strike then instantly to the head if he trys to hit you after your first strike

4) If he waits a bit and doesn't let go off the block at your first strike in order to mini-stun you at his first strike (3rd strike of the exchange), you need to play decision and throw 1 strike and move till he gets bored of his style.

5) Do the fake rear head kick then hit him with the lead head kick (fast faint exchange)

6) Lunge a lot when you get your back at the cage with the big lunges while holding block

7) For some reason the game takes into account how fast you input your strikes, so when you throw a combo, if you notice your opponent always ends up 1 hit stunning you while you are mid-throwing a strike animation, then try inputing your combos faster, since they will be more effective. (this rule makes 1-2 jab/straight so OP)

8) Try throwing small combos in order to not lose a lot of stamina and not having to keep going backwards after every exchange. If you do that, try moving sideways instead of backwards to control the center of the octagon and pressure him back. (If you notice, most people who chase after you, they mainly move sideways to maintain center of the octagon control, which is very favorable from the judges)

9) Learn your combos, some combos are slower, but some are weirdly fast, for example body jab then a rear crane kick or body rear kick then lead uppercut or straight then an uppercut then straight again or rear body kick, uppercut then crane kick or straight to finish the combo off
I didn't know a number of these things, I'll test them out, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »