Home

Let's Talk EA UFC 3's Netcode/Network/Online Plans

This is a discussion on Let's Talk EA UFC 3's Netcode/Network/Online Plans within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2017, 02:56 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Let's Talk EA UFC 3's Netcode/Network/Online Plans

Don't get me wrong, i am hyped for EA UFC 3's major striking overhaul and the fact that it's taking 2 years to develop and be perfected, but i believe have a Fear for that game that goes hand in hand with rendering the efforts on the striking improvements useless.
Since 90% of my complaints for EA UFC 1 & 2 derive from the major lag and delay inconsistencies both games have constantly on every online session that consists more than 4-5 fights, i find that to be a very real Threat on the game's quality.

These inconsistencies only help to highlight and heighten the current striking/grappling issues so i fail see how that would differ from any other type of new system.

They make everything the devs had thought off and designed on the core gameplay aspect, to become inconsistent as well and the game ends up basically broken.

So let's be real, ONLINE is 95% of the EA SPORTS UFC titles and that is a very serious problem that needs to be addressed at all costs in my opinion, if we are to appreciate all the hard work they put on the new striking system and experience EA UFC 3 in all it's glory.

As far as the track record shows on that department, there have been little to no improvements going from EA UFC 1 to EA UFC 2 online. The same issues persisted and nothing changed or was focused on that department.
In fact i am gonna go on a limb here and say that it got worse with EA UFC 2, due to the new skill based matchmaking addition + the split in the community due to the new UT mode, all of which make it even harder to find properly pinged people in your region to fight against.

So the main purpose of this post is to find out what are, if there are any current plans/changes/improvements/focus on that network handling department of the game? If there aren't any yet, you might also consider this post as a request for something to be done about it.

Is that something the devs are willing to discuss or would they rather leave that technical aspect out of the public's knowledge?
Personally i feel this is something they ought to brief us on, as it has been a major game breaking issue for the past 2 titles and if there is no official confirmation on it's existance, by the devs, as an issue that needs to be looked into, i think we are left to assume nothing but the worse, which is that there are no improvements on that aspect or very little, to make a noticeable and significant difference.

Are there any plans/thoughts on that yet or is that something the devs have to start working on 2-3 months before the game releases, in order for the core gameplay additions to be implemented fully and then go on planning from there?

Thanks for reading and i really hope we can get a response on this, instead of being left out in the dark completely.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-05-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: Let's Talk EA UFC 3's Netcode/Network/Online Plans

I really don't see online getting a better matchmaking. I'm from the Bay Area (West Coast) and it's pretty decent for me most of the time. I don't understand how you have so much issues with lag in ufc 2?

If they split the player base based upon location then match making is really going to get boring and repetitive quick. I like playing people from all over the world, just as long as they have good internet which a lot of people do, but there are the few that kill it for everyone with there game breaking latency, but that doesn't mean i want match making region locked for ranked fights.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:06 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I really don't see online getting a better matchmaking. I'm from the Bay Area (West Coast) and it's pretty decent for me most of the time. I don't understand how you have so much issues with lag in ufc 2?

If they split the player base based upon location then match making is really going to get boring and repetitive quick. I like playing people from all over the world, just as long as they have good internet which a lot of people do, but there are the few that kill it for everyone with there game breaking latency, but that doesn't mean i want match making region locked for ranked fights.
I've played against you dude. I am playing from Greece and both times i played you it was a lagfest.

Good internet is kinda important, but it has nothing to do, when the distance is that long or when it goes through poor quality hoops to get to someone else.

The issue is a bit complex to be solved from a region lock, however 1 Simpe-minded solution to those issues, would be to open up the online aspect and connect players from all platforms (Xbox One fighing PS4 players etc.)

But that's besides the point. Wether it is as aparent to you or not, it doesn't stop from being an actual issue and nobody should have to put up with that issue, unless they have a personal issue on their personal internet connection.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-06-2017 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I noticed a lot of modern games these days have region settings for online matchmaking.

I've been hardcore into Paragon lately and their match making is based on a region setting you chose, North America, Oceania and Europe. Matchmaking will then match you with people actually in your region, to reduce lag.

Paragon is literally still in beta....has a tiny team of devs... and still has better matchmaking than a triple A, mega budget, EA game? How is that possible?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
Rookie

What are the chances they might bring this to PC? I know its confirmed on console, but it hasn't been said that it won't come out of PC officially.

With the popularity of Tekken I think EA would be foolish to miss out on the big fight pc fan base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 AM   #6
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by henda1988
What are the chances they might bring this to PC? I know its confirmed on console, but it hasn't been said that it won't come out of PC officially.

With the popularity of Tekken I think EA would be foolish to miss out on the big fight pc fan base.
Well, if they changed the engine to Frostbite it wouldn't be as hard to port it.

Tekken however can be played with a keyboard, while MMA cannot. I Don't know the exact reason why no MMA games are out on PC, but i don't see it happening.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #7
Rookie

i NEED to KNOW... i need some ingame tool which will tell me how my connectiond and this game or next one get along
being host most of the time is like telling me my connection is good, but that might not be case, who knows
bought second router netgear ac1200 nothing changed.
we need ping, latency etc ingame information, if not for both players at least for one
there s nothing more frustrating than weirdness and lag in this game and i want to know who s to blame

if i was EA i will completely get rid of any real time game machanics, it s not possible these days, u need to have some kind of lag compensation or dedicated servers to try to make it at least fair
my game is literally broken in submission minigame

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »