Home

One WORLD champ per weightclass

This is a discussion on One WORLD champ per weightclass within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
One WORLD champ per weightclass

Currently in UFC 2, having a championship is a pretty useless thing in and of itself with the exception of title defence streaks.

You build your title chase status and after around 4 fights on average you've won a belt, sure you've got your chance to build up a title defence streak/rank but the belt itself means virtually nothing.

I propose what would take the game into a more immersive/realistic direction is to have a championship system where you become 'THE CHAMP' by beating 'THE CHAMP'.

I'm going to use the UT Model to get into detail as I feel it would be easier to explain that way.

Right now you have 4 weightclasses each with their own leaderboard, you go up the rankings as you go up divisions. But what if players in the top 10 for example, got the chance to play for a title? Maybe 'vacant' titles could be included also.

This doesn't mean that the champ can only be matched with players in the top 10, it just means it won't be a title fight if they're not.

I'm wondering what anyone else would think of a system like this, whether you agree/disagree or would have a better way to implement it feel free to leave feedback (explain your reasons if need be), the more the merrier

Last edited by RTSImperator; 06-07-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: One WORLD champ per weightclass

I'm a former competitive chess player. Mainly there are two types of competition in chess: Swiss system and round robin tournaments.

Round Robin tournaments are for a limited number of players (4 to 16).

Swiss system is designed for tournaments with a lot of players: 20, 50, 100, 200 or more.

In UFC 2 there are a lot of people playing at the same time.

The logic of swiss system is that players with more wins play against people with more wins. And when you lose you play with a worse player.

Some days ago I won like 25 consecutive fights. Something very unusual. I normaly win 3 or 4 figths and lose 1. The problem was that almost all those 25 wins were against players with worse ranking than me.

Some times I have lose 3 consecutive fights. And I spect a easy fight to break the lose streak but it is usual that after those 3 loses the pair me with a top 10 player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »