Home

Head Movement System & Guide W/Videos

This is a discussion on Head Movement System & Guide W/Videos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #25
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Head Movement System & Guide W/Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Also, can this guide get a pin or something?

I honestly feel like if more people read this, there would be less corn ball spammers out there.

People don't realize you can actually be effective with this stuff.
Let's be real man... There's MUCH more effective ways to play this game. Intricate head movement is fun to use against people who barely know what they're doing but you couldn't get away with this stuff against the top players.

I actually really like this way of playing and hope it's more effective in the next game but it's just not that effective in this one. I'd welcome anyone to try and beat me while playing like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 06:08 PM   #26
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Let's be real man... There's MUCH more effective ways to play this game. Intricate head movement is fun to use against people who barely know what they're doing but you couldn't get away with this stuff against the top players.

I actually really like this way of playing and hope it's more effective in the next game but it's just not that effective in this one. I'd welcome anyone to try and beat me while playing like this.
Incorrect. You can use head movement effectively at a high level. I do it all the time. On ranked, and in EFC (sim style cheese free PS4 league). EFC also houses real, and I mean REAL good players. 99% of EFC members don't play like they have ranked disease, it's way more fun that way. But you can still use head movement well against a top level player. Slip jab is so useful.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #27
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Incorrect. You can use head movement effectively at a high level. I do it all the time. On ranked, and in EFC (sim style cheese free PS4 league). EFC also houses real, and I mean REAL good players. 99% of EFC members don't play like they have ranked disease, it's way more fun that way. But you can still use head movement well against a top level player. Slip jab is so useful.

Lol. What's ranked disease?
Old 07-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #28
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Slip jab is cool. Darting forward and jabbing is good too. I guarantee the kind of head movement mentioned in this thread wouldn't be successful against me though. You'd just eat body kicks. I'm talking more advanced head movement like this though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVek4aXQ1wQ&t=227s

With that said... It is hard to make this kind of head movement work in MMA anyway due to kicking.

But yeah man I'd love to be humbled by anyone who thinks they can make head movement work against me. Kicks are just too OP/effective in this game.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #29
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Lol. What's ranked disease?
People who have ranked disease are people who constantly parry, spam and use cheese combos in every fight, all the time.

I wouldn't be as annoyed at this if I could actually punish the spam and cheese. Give me EA MMA damage and counter windows or something similar. Just real damage damnit, and then send this dumb combo multiplier into the depths of Hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Slip jab is cool. Darting forward and jabbing is good too. I guarantee the kind of head movement mentioned in this thread wouldn't be successful against me though. You'd just eat body kicks. I'm talking more advanced head movement like this though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVek4aXQ1wQ&t=227s

With that said... It is hard to make this kind of head movement work in MMA anyway due to kicking.

But yeah man I'd love to be humbled by anyone who thinks they can make head movement work against me. Kicks are just too OP/effective in this game.
Well of course that won't work because the game doesn't allow you too. I was talking about effectively using head movement with the current mechanics. It is possible, believe it or not.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #30
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
People who have ranked disease are people who constantly parry, spam and use cheese combos in every fight, all the time.

I wouldn't be as annoyed at this if I could actually punish the spam and cheese. Give me EA MMA damage and counter windows or something similar. Just real damage damnit, and then send this dumb combo multiplier into the depths of Hell.
Mix up the attack, kick the legs, ect. There is also normally tells that show where opponent is going to parry. Combo multiplier is really freaking unusual though. I'd say something worse but I don't want to offend the devs more than I already have.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #31
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:

Well of course that won't work because the game doesn't allow you too. I was talking about effectively using head movement with the current mechanics. It is possible, believe it or not.
How is using frames not possible? I do it all the time against bad players. You've just got to use rhythm and move your head from one position to the next. It doesn't look as realistic as it should but it works. The guy who wrote this post even referenced it (yet for some reason liked your post lol). He just called them modes instead of frames.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 07-27-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 07:59 PM   #32
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I agree this style isn't very effective against left - right, combo multiplier, mix up, combo spammers.

It is a thoroughly more enjoyable, and realistic way to play though, rather than just mindless left right mix up combos over and over and over and over.. ad nauseam.

Winnning may be winning, but I refuse to lower myself to that goofy play style.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »