Home

Poor framerate/lag lately

This is a discussion on Poor framerate/lag lately within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

OVR: 0
Poor framerate/lag lately

Over the last week or so, I've found the framerate on UFC2 to be horrible. I've been playing since day 1 and have never experienced this before.

Someone on Reddit has said they are also experiencing the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this and is anyone else experiencing this? It's ruining what is probably my most played game on PS4!

I've tried reinstalling the game and also rebuilt the data on my PS4. The only thing that I can think that I have changed recently on my PS4 is uninstalling For Honor and installing Tekken 7 but surely that shouldn't be an issue as I still have 50gb free.. I don't have this problem on any other game either!

Last edited by Allzo; 06-21-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: Poor framerate/lag lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allzo
Over the last week or so, I've found the framerate on UFC2 to be horrible. I've been playing since day 1 and have never experienced this before.

Someone on Reddit has said they are also experiencing the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this and is anyone else experiencing this? It's ruining what is probably my most played game on PS4!

I've tried reinstalling the game and also rebuilt the data on my PS4. The only thing that I can think that I have changed recently on my PS4 is uninstalling For Honor and installing Tekken 7 but surely that shouldn't be an issue as I still have 50gb free.. I don't have this problem on any other game either!

Is it online only or offline as well?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Is it online only or offline as well?
Happening offline too which makes me think it's not a connection based issue. I see there's an update so I'll download it and hopefully it fixes it. Will report back!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

The issue seems to be resolved but I'm not sure if it's as a result of the patch or me messing around with my TV settings.. though all I really did was change the brightness etc. Bizzare!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:32 PM   #5
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
The issue seems to be resolved but I'm not sure if it's as a result of the patch or me messing around with my TV settings.. though all I really did was change the brightness etc. Bizzare!
UFC patch or Playstation patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
UFC patch or Playstation patch?
UFC patch!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Maybe a coincidence but from what I can work out, the framerate seems to drop a little when I increase some of my TV settings such as the brightness but then again maybe I'm seeing things. Would any of the technically sound people on here be able to confirm if that would be a potential cause?

I do seem to remember hitting default on my TV settings a few days ago by mistake so perhaps that's where the issue has came from but it seems a little weird to me that the two could link!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Maybe a coincidence but from what I can work out, the framerate seems to drop a little when I increase some of my TV settings such as the brightness but then again maybe I'm seeing things. Would any of the technically sound people on here be able to confirm if that would be a potential cause?

I do seem to remember hitting default on my TV settings a few days ago by mistake so perhaps that's where the issue has came from but it seems a little weird to me that the two could link!
Maybe if it's a cheap TV, it might take more procescing power, thus increasing input lag and other factors of such, which give the illusion of the game being slow etc.

Does it happen with other 30fps+ motion blur games or just EA UFC 2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »