Home

This is Exploiting

This is a discussion on This is Exploiting within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 08:37 AM   #9
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This is Exploiting

Although i lean more on the spamming takedowns/clinch attempts is considered exploiting, compared to Dave_S complaining about body shots being considered an exploit, i believe the main issue here is that we are fighting against one another over bullcrap game mechanics instead of taking it up to the devs/publishers who are responsible for those things.

Reason spamming takedowns/clinches is more exploitative, is because:

1. Grapplers have a major advantage over strikers in this game. Grappling is 80% stats, 20% skill, compared to striking being 80% skill 20% stats.

2. When there is input lag/delay of any form , enough to put off your timing, it's going to be nearly impossible to block those takedowns and you will mess up at some point and the spammer will get the takedown, because you accidentaly moved the right stick a few degrees to the left or right instead of completely puting it downwards.

3. A little bit of input lag, will mess up your striking timing and you won't be able to get in range and land a combo, instead you have to rely on muscle memory of specific combos and you just have to hope the opponent won't block a strike, which will cancel your upcoming attack's effectiveness, allowing them to run away and escape.

4. There is little to no punishment in stamina for takedown/clinch spammers and for some reason the judges also see it as a positive, because they are considered engaging.

5. The removal of half moon circle motions to initiate transitions/takedowns/clinches is a mistake and you can see it with the ammount of spam someone can put on someone else with those things, that unrealistically halt whatever you are doing and through some weird animations get you locked in a clinch/takedown scenario.

As far as countering those takedowns, the only thing you can do, that has some sort of effect is, instead of trying to block all the takedowns, try throwing uppercuts as they will stop them and most of the time will rock them.

I've said this before, if EA UFC 3, wants it's striking focused improvements to be noticable and effective, they have to consider making a netcode, that won't make u mess up your timing in all of those things and they need to make sure that if there is any form of input lag, grapplers aren't getting benefited exclusively.

Also Make Transitions Great Again. None of that hold the right stick torwards one direction and wait for the yellow circle to fill in order for this generic animation to be completed. The half moon circle motion, once completed, so should the transition. It needs to feel like every step of the way of a transition is controlled.

Also remove dumb and unrealistic game rules like "Grappling advantage" or "3+ uppercuts and you start gassing out"

P.S. Dave_S if you can't see the irony of contradicting yourself into 1 sentance... "body shots, holding high block and running away etc. is exploiting"

Well guess what.. if someone holds high block and runs away, you start hitting the body...

Devs should find how to give players incentive to not want to hold high block, perhaps connect stamina burning to running away and perhaps give some form of block advantage, like the grappling advantage, that makes blocking not always effective, but instead requires some sort of skill, like letting go of the block an reseting it, to stop mini-punches like jabs/straights/hooks and holding it longer, if you want to block a head kick or smth more powerfull.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-30-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Just because I call something an exploit doesn't mean I don't use it. Maybe if Cee got the win because of takedown attempts it would be exploitive, but I'm not seeing it.

I certainly attack the body, especially when opponent camps on high block. That doesn't mean that I like it.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Going to someone's body who only blocks high is far from an exploit. If you're mixing up your combos and all that good stuff, there's no issue. It's the instant stun combos which dudes fish for continuously that is the problem. This thread got interesting since I last checked in lol -- I had no idea these two had history. In either case, 38 takedown attempts is crazy.

When you fight guys who themselves want to engage as little as possible, and literally want to do nothing but try to grab you, it often becomes a case of trying to keep enough distance where they can't. Clarke may very well be a runner, I don't know, but Big Cee has a zillion wins by dragging a guy to the ground. Can't blame him for wanting to avoid that at all costs. Especially if he lost 10 times in a row the same exact way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 01:38 PM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Biggy threw 30+ takedowns.

King ran all fight and spammed body shots.

Both are viable and valid strategies. Both are equally annoying strategies.... But still no less valid than the other.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-30-2017, 02:19 PM   #13
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Now i will admit that i can get a lil carried away spamming takedown attempts, but when you are approaching 4,000 submission wins, it's kinda already muscle memory and a hard thing to break out of. People want me to strike and knock dudes out, but that's not my game. Maybe in UFC 3 i will become a striker, but as it stands now in UFC 2 that will never ever happen.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Now i will admit that i can get a lil carried away spamming takedown attempts, but when you are approaching 4,000 submission wins, it's kinda already muscle memory and a hard thing to break out of. People want me to strike and knock dudes out, but that's not my game. Maybe in UFC 3 i will become a striker, but as it stands now in UFC 2 that will never ever happen.
You're playing as Royce Gracie for fetch sake.. Why he expects Royce to be a kickboxer is beyond me..

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #15
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Unhappy Re: This is Exploiting

The hell is wrong with shooting takedowns? Deny the damn takedown take his back and win the fight. Can also just throw uppercuts, flying knees, ect.

Clarke you have played like a lesser version of Relaxedguy for the past two games, going through god knows how many pairs of Nike's just sprinting away from people.

I know for a fact you hold people in over under / double under and spam the hell out of the back dash. That is 100000x worse than shooting a bunch of takedowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #16
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
The hell is wrong with shooting takedowns? Deny the damn takedown take his back and win the fight. Can also just throw uppercuts, flying knees, ect.

Clarke you have played like a lesser version of Relaxedguy for the past two games, going through god knows how many pairs of Nike's just sprinting away from people.

I know for a fact you hold people in over under / double under and spam the hell out of the back dash. That is 100000x worse than shooting a bunch of takedowns.
To really understand how much King Clarke1 is a exploiting player....When the game first came out sprawl was so OP and hard to get out of that he use to literally hold people in that position for a whole fight in UT were the stats were so far off and in ranked matches.

Also when the clinch was so OP he use to take anderson silva and hold you in the thai clinch and not move. He would just stay there and spin you around then knee you and do this over and over and over every fight till they patched it up a few months later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »