Home

Please God - NO TIERED stat system for UFC 3

This is a discussion on Please God - NO TIERED stat system for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2017, 02:58 AM   #41
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please God - NO TIERED stat system for UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Totally different game mechanics but I think you know that. With that said, I hope that rosters are easier to update in future versions.
I unfortunately don't know much about that. I don't know much regarding EA UFC 3 other than that they are focusing on Striking.

I'd suppose with that comes into play movement/defense/clinch, but everything i am typing regarding that, is pure speculation and based on what EA UFC 2 is.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-08-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 03:02 AM   #42
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasel
I agree with some of what you're saying, but you're demanding for a bit much here man.
Spoiler
Yeah i kinda went off the rails with that last paragraph, it is a bit too much and mostly unnecessary so i removed it, but the core of it stands. I'd like to see stats changed as easily as Ultimate Team Packs are updated.

Perhaps only on the Online section of the game, the stats would be updated as easily and the single player stats would get updated with patches.

I had no idea that was a thing in Undisputed 3. That's dedication right there though!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I unfortunately don't know much about that. I don't know much regarding EA UFC 3 other than that they are focusing on Striking.

I'd suppose with that comes into play movement/defense/clinch, but everything i am typing regarding that, is pure speculation and based on what EA UFC 2 is.
I was talking about roster/stat updates. You equated releasing UT packs with updating stats as if it should be that easy. My point is they are completely different game mechanics/features. Just because one is easy to implement doesnt mean the other is.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #44
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

EVERY champion has a weakness, EVERY champion, INCLUDING Demetrious Johnson. And as long as their weakness is identified and represented, they will be very good in the game, but also not invincible.

Let's use DJ as an example.

He has been basically flawless is most of his performances but the one thing we know for a fact is that he can be hurt if you land on him. He is not a John Lineker style fighter that can walk through bombs just to deliver his own.

Now I'm not saying he's EASY to finish.... I'm just saying when he gets hit flush, his body reacts accordingly like the human body is supposed to react to getting hit.... he gets either stunned briefly or even gets dropped completely.

He was dropped at least twice in his first fight against John Dodson and the reason why he got dropped ties directly to his approach to the fight. He lingered too long in the pocket at times and paid for it. As brilliant as he is, he cannot linger in the pocket too long. He has to get in, do work, and get out before he can be countered.

xE9_vb.gif

8Zn9ls.gif

SSNYD6.gif

Now granted, John Dodson has a lot of power for a small guy and one could argue that only Dodson can do that to DJ, but DJ has also been dropped by Joseph Benavidez, a little bit of research and you'll find it, and there are other very powerful flyweights in his division with the power to hurt him badly.

The ONLY reason we don't see him getting dropped left and right is because he RESPECTS the power of his opponents, he has a relatively safe style and approach to fighting. He uses a lot of footwork, very short, crisp combinations, doesn't allow himself to over-extend often, doesn't allow himself to get caught out of position and he keeps everything as tight as possible while also making sure his defense is on point.

Compare that to how players use him in EA Sports UFC 2 though and you see the problem. In EA Sports UFC 2, Demetrious Johnson is a terminator and very very very difficult to hurt, let alone finish and not because players use him in a way that makes it hard for you to hit them. Nope... they march you forward, brawling, getting tagged, walking through your shots and overwhelming you.

This is what the issue is. No one uses Demetrious Johnson like Demetrious Johnson actually fights in real life because you can use him as a brawler and still be successful. This is what needs to change.

Every champion fights a certain way, and to take advantage of all their strengths, we should HAVE to fight like they do or pay the price.

If you're looking for a weakness to exploit with DJ, lower his chin. Force players to use him very carefully. Speed can get you in serious trouble if you're reckless with it. You can't just lose your mind and go crazy just because you're fast... All it'll take some good timing on your opponent's part and your speed will get you KO'd. Like GPD mentioned earlier, DJ should be handled like a fast high-performance car. Yes he fast, but you have to be careful with that speed or you will lose control of it. Lower his chin, and when he gets hit flush, we should immediately be reminded that this is not a guy that should be brawled.

This way, not JUST anyone would be able to pick up DJ and use him well, even with his high stats, if he is not sooooo difficult to hurt, it'll still require skill to use him properly.

Last edited by MartialMind; 07-08-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: GIF doesn't work
Old 07-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

DJ's biggest weakness is his size. He's like a natural 115er.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Now granted, John Dodson has a lot of power for a small guy and one could argue that only Dodson can do that to DJ, but DJ has also been dropped by Joseph Benavidez, a little bit of research and you'll find it, and there are other very powerful flyweights in his division with the power to hurt him badly.
I dont know about that. The Benavidez drop was half Joe's power and half because DJ was in the middle of throwing a kick and was off balance.

Cejudo, Reis, Elliott, Moraga and McCall all had shots to drop him but didnt and the last 3 had 3 rounds plus to do it. Borg, Formiga, Pettis and Moreno have never shown the power to KO anyone much less DJ. The guys that could do it (Dodson, Lineker and Horiguchi) are no longer in the division or the UFC.

As I said earlier, DJ may not have the toughest chin in the division but its at least top 3 and thats not much of a weakness at all.

I agree with everything else you wrote. You know that we are both in favor of a game that forces you to fight to the strengths of your fighter to win.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
EVERY champion has a weakness, EVERY champion, INCLUDING Demetrious Johnson. And as long as their weakness is identified and represented, they will be very good in the game, but also not invincible.

Let's use DJ as an example.

He has been basically flawless is most of his performances but the one thing we know for a fact is that he can be hurt if you land on him. He is not a John Lineker style fighter that can walk through bombs just to deliver his own.

Now I'm not saying he's EASY to finish.... I'm just saying when he gets hit flush, his body reacts accordingly like the human body is supposed to react to getting hit.... he gets either stunned briefly or even gets dropped completely.

He was dropped at least twice in his first fight against John Dodson and the reason why he got dropped ties directly to his approach to the fight. He lingered too long in the pocket at times and paid for it. As brilliant as he is, he cannot linger in the pocket too long. He has to get in, do work, and get out before he can be countered.

Attachment 136774

Attachment 136775

Attachment 136776

The ONLY reason we don't see him getting dropped left and right is because he RESPECTS the power of his opponents, he has a relatively safe style and approach to fighting. He uses a lot of footwork, very short, crisp combinations, doesn't allow himself to over-extend often, doesn't allow himself to get caught out of position and he keeps everything as tight as possible while also making sure his defense is on point.

Compare that to how players use him in EA Sports UFC 2 though and you see the problem. In EA Sports UFC 2, Demetrious Johnson is a terminator and very very very difficult to hurt, let alone finish and not because players use him in a way that makes it hard for you to hit them. Nope... they march you forward, brawling, getting tagged, walking through your shots and overwhelming you.

This is what the issue is. No one uses Demetrious Johnson like Demetrious Johnson actually fights in real life because you can use him as a brawler and still be successful. This is what needs to change.

Every champion fights a certain way, and to take advantage of all their strengths, we should HAVE to fight like they do or pay the price.

If you're looking for a weakness to exploit with DJ, lower his chin. Force players to use him very carefully. Speed can get you in serious trouble if you're reckless with it. You can't just lose your mind and go crazy just because you're fast... All it'll take some good timing on your opponent's part and your speed will get you KO'd. Like GPD mentioned earlier, DJ should be handled like a fast high-performance car. Yes he fast, but you have to be careful with that speed or you will lose control of it. Lower his chin, and when he gets hit flush, we should immediately be reminded that this is not a guy that should be brawled.

This way, not JUST anyone would be able to pick up DJ and use him well, even with his high stats, if he is not sooooo difficult to hurt, it'll still require skill to use him properly.
This is how you have to fight with everyone though. There is no science whatsoever to the standup game. It's just walk forward and punch/kick. Stay back and punch/kick.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
This is how you have to fight with everyone though. There is no science whatsoever to the standup game. It's just walk forward and punch/kick. Stay back and punch/kick.
That will likely change with UFC 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »