Home

Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ?

This is a discussion on Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
1. Referee Stand-Ups at ground inactivity.

5. Preferred the much easier get-ups if you were in a dominant position, instead of the current ones that make you feel as if u are glued to your opponent, even if u are in a dominant position.
I think #1 is tough on the devs. You have the community in the same breath say "We want to be able to hold people down and cause damage on the ground" and then say "Why isnt the standup clock quicker". I dont think the community has figured out what they want with this.

I dont agree with #5. Standups from top are easy in positions they should be like Side Control, Back side and full mount. In Half and Full, they should be as tough as they are. If I have Maia and I'm on my back, I want to keep you on the ground so I can attempt subs. Thats realistic. I dont want you to be able to just standup if you are in my guard.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #10
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think #1 is tough on the devs. You have the community in the same breath say "We want to be able to hold people down and cause damage on the ground" and then say "Why isnt the standup clock quicker". I dont think the community has figured out what they want with this.

I dont agree with #5. Standups from top are easy in positions they should be like Side Control, Back side and full mount. In Half and Full, they should be as tough as they are. If I have Maia and I'm on my back, I want to keep you on the ground so I can attempt subs. Thats realistic. I dont want you to be able to just standup if you are in my guard.
Stand up timers should only be in less dominating positions like half guard,full guard, sprawl positions. If you are not looking to posture up to deliver damage or advance position or submission you should get stood up. And if you are getting denied you should get stood up look at anderson vs cormier when he locked him down for stand ups denying any movement from cormier.

The timer in general for the stand up might need to be tested and it may change during patches/beta but it needs to be in. Also different refeeres should have slightly different stand up timers to make them different to eachother. There will be annother tick for referee interaction aswell as they are stall at the moment.

Last edited by Trillz; 07-13-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #11
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Wanting to be able to hold people down, And wanting actual ref stand ups are completely unrelated.

Even if the ref stood you up after 5 seconds of inactivity, we would still be able to hold people down just fine. That's not what we are concerned with at all.

What we want, is ref stand ups when the person on top is doing nothing but denials. No transitions, no strikes. At that point it should get stood up.

How it is right now, you need to be on the ground, not doing anything for like a solid 3 minutes straight to get stood up, if the ref even stands you up at all.

I have videos of me just camping on denial for a minute straight without a single strike or transition, and still nothing. My video settings on PS4 are set to 1 minute videos, and I have videos of a solid minute of nothing but denials, and the ref still wont stand you up.

That's just broken. That's not a matter of opinion. That's a broken mechanic. There is no way that should even be possible.

Just like in real like, if you don't wanna be stood up, you need to work for position, or damage... you can't just stall for forever. However in EA UFC 2, you can just hold, not advance position, not even throw strikes, and waste an entire round.

That's crazy.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #12
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

FULL GUARD NEEDS TO HAVE A FAST STAND UP TIMER.

It's the most abused position in UFC 2 ranked. More then side control. If your able to deny the first few transitions then everything after that is to easy. Baby punches from the top over and over and your never getting out from the bottom if someone is good at denying you.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #13
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Open rank quick match
Old 07-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #14
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

I miss certains things like the way you freez the opponent when you countershot his sidestep, it was a add-on from a MAJ and i didnt understand why it was deleted in Ea Ufc2.
The other things was when you missed your parry, the shot you took at the same time was more damaging. it caused in a major part health event.

I found in the attic some Ea Ufc1 footage back before the first MAJ, that was in July 2014.

Melendez.

Penn.

Glover.

Back at the beginning of the game when i didnt know yet that the most important thing in the game was the stamina, the overhand...
1 year later, the level was more better.

Last edited by Donnie_Brasco_FR; 07-19-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #15
Pro

I despise stand-ups in MMA. If there were no stand-ups poor ground fighters would be forced to open up and try to create space to escape. With standups bad fighters are incentivized to be boring and just hold and look to the ref... that said they do exist in real life. However, they should only occur from closed guard as this is the only 'neutral position.' Never stand up from any other position, but make it hard to hold sprawl or turtle as those aren't easy to control in MMA unless you let the opponent settle in

Rather than speed up the stand up timer for stalling, how about we find an alternative solution to the problem. Elbows to the head can cause real damage, maybe cuts impact the fight so a staller had to be cognizant. Something like that.

On another note, I don't agree that it should be easy to get up from certain positions depending on who the opponent is. From a truly dominant position yes, but a good grappler can tie you up from half guard too.

Watch Damian Maia on one end or Ben Askren on the other end of the spectrum. Too often complexities of Grappling and brilliant control BEFORE attacking is misunderstood as stalling. An arbitrary stand up timer for refs would blow this aspect and further slants fights toward strikers.

Let's just find realistic ways to make stalling something that can be punished by the opponent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 06:08 AM   #16
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
I despise stand-ups in MMA. If there were no stand-ups poor ground fighters would be forced to open up and try to create space to escape. With standups bad fighters are incentivized to be boring and just hold and look to the ref... that said they do exist in real life. However, they should only occur from closed guard as this is the only 'neutral position.' Never stand up from any other position, but make it hard to hold sprawl or turtle as those aren't easy to control in MMA unless you let the opponent settle in

Rather than speed up the stand up timer for stalling, how about we find an alternative solution to the problem. Elbows to the head can cause real damage, maybe cuts impact the fight so a staller had to be cognizant. Something like that.

On another note, I don't agree that it should be easy to get up from certain positions depending on who the opponent is. From a truly dominant position yes, but a good grappler can tie you up from half guard too.

Watch Damian Maia on one end or Ben Askren on the other end of the spectrum. Too often complexities of Grappling and brilliant control BEFORE attacking is misunderstood as stalling. An arbitrary stand up timer for refs would blow this aspect and further slants fights toward strikers.

Let's just find realistic ways to make stalling something that can be punished by the opponent
With the current system in place, it is way too rewarding & easy to hold someone down and be considered as dominating by the judges, especially when you have accelerated clock, you need a takedown with a guy like Cormier and you win the game, because by the time the other guy gets-up, you've won just by stalling on the full guard.

Don't get me wrong, i understand why guys like Cormier, are able to hold down people easily for full rounds, however in the game, it's way too unbalanced and easy to hold someone down, without doing anything skillful, you are just letting your stats take the wheel and get the job done. Compare that to stand-up and no stand-up fighter just wins the stand-up by having their stats do the job. They have to work for their opportunities and be careful to set-up their movement & combos & counters & think of so many more things, before they are able to get an efficient Knock Out or win the decision.

If it took any skill, to hold down someone with high level grapplers like Demian Maia or Cormier, like controlling hands, center of gravity, wrestling etc. , then the things you are asking for, would make sense.

As of now, i am perfectly fine with the devs taking the decision, to create easier referee get-ups, due to the accelerated timer & make the get-up options even easier, just to balance out that area of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »