Home

Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ?

This is a discussion on Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ?

I'm regularly playing UFC 2 and only played the first episode a couple of times. Obviously, I (and everybody else) agree that this new episode is miles ahead of the previous game on almost all levels, but would you like to see some EA UFC1 elements (that are not present in UFC2) make a comeback in the upcoming game ? It could be anything : a feature, some elements of the interface, some moves, a gameplay element, anything really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: Do you miss some EA UFC1 elements or features ?

No.

/10char

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

As someone that still plays UFC 1. I have to say that i wish UFC 2 had the ground mechanic were if you hold block for to long the ref jumps in there to stop the fight. It looked way more realistic then how it is now were you just keep punching your opponent till there dead.

Also the ref interaction was a lot better in that game. That's pretty much the only thing i would take from UFC 1. I think the UFC 2 ref interaction is so awful to watch and looks bad as they stand 10 feet away and wave there arms.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
MVP

YES!!!
1. some knock-out animations (especially distinguish knock-out from knock-down)

2. the tko scenario (If someone don't do anything with block up and you throwing GnP continually, the ref is stopping the fight in that time.)

Old 07-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #5
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
YES!!!
1. some knock-out animations (especially distinguish knock-out from knock-down)

2. the tko scenario (If someone don't do anything with block up and you throwing GnP continually, the ref is stopping the fight in that time.)

This adds such a dynamic element to the ground game that makes you feel like the fight can end at anytime. I don't understand why they got rid of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i dont mind the different type of rocks other then the death rock as it was random and literally couldnt do anything to defend yourself.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #7
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

1. Referee Stand-Ups at ground inactivity.

2. More Strike Variety per Fighter due to the R1 modifier

3. Ability to move on the ground if u were on your back (kinda like what Werdum does in every fight where he drops down and starts crawling towards the opponents to engage in BJJ)

4. Preferred the smooth Posturing up & down with the left stick, instead of the current system, that slows down ground game even more, by making the posturing up a transition, which if blocked, drains half your stamina..

5. Preferred the much easier get-ups if you were in a dominant position, instead of the current ones that make you feel as if u are glued to your opponent, even if u are in a dominant position.

6. Striking, although was not as skill based due to the auto-lunge that made everything hit the target, however it wasn't as dumb as EA SPORTS UFC 2 where you are standing at breathing range of your opponent and you still miss. On top of that, your fighter has to stop moving forward before striking and due to this system not working at all, they had to compensate with micro-stuns, where most of the game's stand-up complaints derived from. It was an area that needed improvement, but not the way it got implemented in EA UFC's removal of auto-lunge.

7. Insta-KOs. Although they were completely random, thus done poorly, i still feel they deserve to be in the game, but make them complex and pay attention to them, instead of having luck deciding it.

8. The lack of the transitions HUD on the ground/clinch game, made for a better experience. I do believe it has a place in the game, but not the way it was done in EA UFC 2. Perhaps in Ranked, after a certain division(let's say 7) HUD should be automatically disabled on those positions.

9. The new 360 Head movement system implemented was a failure in EA UFC 2, most people end up leaning back and make you miss any strike u attempt to throw, unless it's a body kick and the whole thing looks goofy, the way someone just stands right in front of the enemy and is headbanging round and around as if they are in some heavy metal concert:

and somehow avoid any strike you throw at them, regardless if they are Anderson Silva or Daniel Cormier.

10. The newly advertised & implemented physics looking KOs was a failure. Although KO's look amazing, it was also the cause for the weirdest looking, unsatisfying, unpolished and delayed ground & pound in any MMA game from the last 2 console generations. And since we are on the ground and pound topic, the Postured UP, ground strikes are completely unbalanced and Overpowered, compared to stand-up striking and they don't necessarily look realistic either.

11. The new Ultimate Team + Extra Weight Classes additions, split up the small online player base, creating even more lag/delay related issues.

12. The new timing based transition system, doesn't work to it's full potential and sometimes doesn't work at all, as there is always some sort of unpredictable delay/lag online. There needs to be some sort of netcode compensation for EA UFC 3, if the timing based ground system is to be kept. Right now, you know your opponent is going to transition to your left and no matter what you do, if they got a bit of a momentum advantage + delay, they easily transition with no skill required to set it-up.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 07-13-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

About Insta-ko's. I've had two in the last week, I think they are the first I've ever had I ufc 2.

Punish stamina regeneration when holding block, I really miss ghar feature from ufc 1. It might bit be unrealistic, but I miss it.

I also miss weak block, but think I might be the only one. Did fighters move slower in ufc 1 if they were camping on weak block?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »