Home

UFC 3 Event: What should I look for?

This is a discussion on UFC 3 Event: What should I look for? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 Event: What should I look for?

Is the physics engine similar to UFC 2, or do knockouts have less ragdolling? A huge problem with UFC 2 is that once the punch or kick follows through on a KO or knockdown, the ragdoll physics take over and send the downed fighter flying unrealistically. Do clean shots to the chin do more damage like a real fight? It just seemed like the fighters entire body would swivel, rather than just their head.

How do fighters respond to being rocked? Do we have some throw hellacious bombs to get space and some cower and try to recover? How effective are follow-up shots?

Any flash KOs or any modes that allow us to have a more realistic experience?

How fluid are strikes?

Is damage a lot more impactful? Is that clock adjusted to account for the actual amount of strikes a fighter can absorb in a fight? It seemed like there would be 150 strikes thrown every round in UFC 2, and there was no legitimate damage dealt.

Universe/Matchmaker mode. Are we gonna get something special here and see a Dana White type of experience, or is that a pipe dream?

Round-by-Round scoring criteria. I could lose a round pretty convincingly and then dominate the rest of a fight, then receive a 30-27 or 50-45 unanimous. Is there any changes from UFC 2 in the judging criteria department?

AI predictability/new striking system. It just seemed like UFC 2 was a consistent smash of the AI even on the hardest difficulties. What new is coming to the table to change that up and make fighting harder for us challenge seekers?

Also, at what rate do AI press forward and initiate action? Sometimes I want to Woodley my way through fights and just throw when openings occur, but AI will often initiate slugfests rather than have tentative strategies that would relate to their real life counterpart. Woodley v Maia becomes Woodley backing up and Maia throwing crane kicks in my experience.

Excited for your feedback, man. Best of luck playing around with the game.

Last edited by Chernobyl426; 07-28-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #26
MVP

-New venues.

-Weight class fluidity (can we at least move up one and one down in every weight class offline now?).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #27
MVP

If you see one single AUTO TAUNT, smack the nearest developer. If you take 2 seconds off from hitting a button, and your player makes any, and I mean any type of taunting behavior, drop your controller and smack a developer. Tell them that Evil97 sends his regards.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #28
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Women's outfits,. For example if any have shirts that cover midriffs. Female caf body types. All caf available hairstyles, facial hair, body types, ect. If that's available a quick gander would be neat. (If you're even allowed to talk about any of that)

Maybe check out some ultimate team stuff for the dudes that play that.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
GPD, I know you can't say much but do you think us sim style players will enjoy the game a lot more than UFC 2? UFC 2... it's a shame that there's no power on the feet, unlike EA MMA where we could actually punish spam there due to proper damage and counter windows.

Well I have faith in you and the other devs anyway, I know striking is in good hands at least. Good luck and have fun with the play sessions
Not GPD but I think it's ok to say..

Yes
Old 07-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #30
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Not GPD but I think it's ok to say..

Yes
what about the ground game Kenetic?

is it atleast the same as UFC 2 but with more polish and positions? If i'm great at the ground game in UFC 2 would i need to re learn everything for UFC 3 or can i just pick up we're i left off from UFC 2 as the submission king?
Old 07-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #31
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
what about the ground game Kenetic?

is it atleast the same as UFC 2 but with more polish and positions? If i'm great at the ground game in UFC 2 would i need to re learn everything for UFC 3 or can i just pick up we're i left off from UFC 2 as the submission king?
All grappling has been officially deleted from the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #32
Rookie

Can you see if there is any built in input lag on the movement controls based on speed/movement rating like there is now. This built in lag basically makes heavyweight unplayable online given the lack of appropriate connection filters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »