Home

MartialMind's honest thoughts after playing EA Sports UFC 3

This is a discussion on MartialMind's honest thoughts after playing EA Sports UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:11 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MartialMind's honest thoughts after playing EA Sports UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I've seen some praise here for GPD, but honestly, that man does not get enough praise, anywhere near the praise he deserves.

Not only is he simply brilliant, but he is humble beyond belief, very approachable and easy to express your thoughts too. Same goes for the rest of the Dev team. What they've been able to cook up here is truly revolutionary.

The striking system WILL take some getting used to and if I can offer some early advice, BE PATIENT.

Yes, the game was still not totally tuned when we played so a few things were off here and there, but the logic behind the system is very sound. It's one that when you first pick it up, it might scramble your brain as you try to get used to the brand new controls as well as get rid of VERY bad habits from UFC 2.

Some of you WILL be KO'd quick early a lot because you won't respect strikes like you should, but I think Zombie put it best.... It will "Click" and once it does, there's gonna be an AHA moment in there and a big smile on your face... Like "Wow, okay, I can't do that, I have to be very careful with that, okay this bad habit will get me in trouble EVERY TIME, I need to approach this carefully". It's gonna come together and start making sense.

I'm very glad that a majority of people here are in agreement that we are all tired of the overly aggressive MMA game, where it's offense, non-stop, hundreds of strikes thrown per round, never taking a freaking break.... the goal is a more realistic fight pace, more realistic strike numbers per round, just overall, a game that feels like an MMA game... one that we can just watch two high-level players play and feel like we are watching an actual MMA fight.

That'd be so awesome! Anyways, this last event was very productive, we really did get a lot done and gave a lot of feedback and I think, for the most part, the Devs are on board with the feedback the Gamechangers gave.
Oh man, it's hard to contain my excitement after reading that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 01:16 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

I've said for a while that the problem with there being way too many strikes in a round isn't stamina related, it's related to the fact that throwing strikes and missing isn't punished so there's no reason not to just spam and spam. I'm glad they're fixing it from that angle.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:34 AM   #27
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Nate Diaz threw like 435 strikes against McGregor at ufc 202. Just saying
Old 08-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Nate Diaz threw like 435 strikes against McGregor at ufc 202. Just saying
Diaz threw 435 vs. Conor's 322 true, but we're talking about 1. Nate Diaz the cardio monster 2. A 5 round fight and 3. the exception rather than the rule.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-det...8396cc751c730d

By comparison Sergio threw 244 vs. Moreno's 193. http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-det...3e42894852b26a
Old 08-07-2017, 02:21 AM   #29
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Diaz threw 435 vs. Conor's 322 true, but we're talking about 1. Nate Diaz the cardio monster 2. A 5 round fight and 3. the exception rather than the rule.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-det...8396cc751c730d

By comparison Sergio threw 244 vs. Moreno's 193. http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-det...3e42894852b26a
How about the finish in Dillashaw vs Barao 2 fight and multiple Joanna Champion flurries?

Them some crazy combos.

In real life we do see combinations with 4+ strikes on a somewhat frequent basis.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:23 AM   #30
Rookie

I assume this is coming out in early 2018?
Old 08-07-2017, 02:27 AM   #31
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I don't know if this is against nda, but is it possible to switch stances in ufc 3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 02:34 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedy
I assume this is coming out in early 2018?
I believe it comes out in later this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »