Home

3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video)

This is a discussion on 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thqtank
3:30 OMG, now its obvious the developers from Fight Night are long gone, its like the EA UFC devs didn't even know these factors existed !!!!!!! HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THOSE SLIDERS THERES A FULL BLOWN AI BUT EA UFC MARKETED MMAi INSTEAD !!!!!!!!!
The two lead developers are Fight Night Champion lead developers. One of the lead developers over UT and Online is also one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 12:43 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind vide

when i show people this game (EA UFC 2) they all start laughing (in a bad way) when they play it

when i had people over to play fight night EVERYONE loved it and had a great time

so people are like "Yo WTF is up with this UFC game" and you expect me to tell them "well the grappling system is deep"

Sorry no dice this is a FIGHTING GAME
Old 08-14-2017, 12:44 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
My biggest fear is they will make it just like FNC and tune it constantly. That's what drove me away from FNC.

Edit: I loved FNC, but I couldn't get a feel because it kept changing.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Operation Sports mobile app
they tuned FNC exactly *one* time and broke it and never touched it again
Old 08-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The two lead developers are Fight Night Champion lead developers. One of the lead developers over UT and Online is also one.
LEAD developers do the least work. All they do is provide 'direction' its everyone else that does the heavy lifting. The guys that gave depth to Fight Night are gone that's why EA UFC is barebones. There is not even AI to tweak, or behavior to adjust. It's just generic stuff and the devs even admitted the AI was broken
Old 08-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Red
I honestly don't understand where the impression of depth comes from regarding FNC. The AI is either tentative to represent an outside fighter or counter puncher or it's chasing you down to different degrees. Defensively it doesn't take advantage of head movement, fighter individuality is incredibly black and white. The animations are great despite the telegraphed getting up from being knocked down animations or when decisions are read out and the referee grabs the arm of the winner first. It's hard seeing a reasonably robust CAF system yet the stats influence is frustratingly weak on how the AI performs so differentiating a Floyd Patterson from a Floyd Mayweather would be beyond the systems capability.
and EA UFC does exactly 0 of those 6 years later after 4 games
Old 08-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
LEAD developers do the least work. All they do is provide 'direction' its everyone else that does the heavy lifting. The guys that gave depth to Fight Night are gone that's why EA UFC is barebones. There is not even AI to tweak, or behavior to adjust. It's just generic stuff and the devs even admitted the AI was broken
Thats completely untrue with UFC but I wont get into because you dont really have direct knowledge of what goes on during development of UFC.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 AM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
and EA UFC does exactly 0 of those 6 years later after 4 games
EA has only released 2 UFC games and has had the license for 5 yrs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #32
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I mean, its nice to hear the Fight Night developers are still around but what difference does it really make when they completely ignore that franchises' strong mechanics. Boxing is not MMA but some of that stuff should have been in there since day 1.

If they are not going to utilize what they learned from that franchise then the history hardly matters. I definitely can't say striking in the first 2 games shows anything about their lengthy history with fighting games.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »