Home

netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

This is a discussion on netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Where were you all when I complained about it with EA UFC 1? People said to quit crying. Now it is even worse than the first game. I quit playing the game because it was useless to even talk about it. The top guys obviously don't have an issue or they would have fixed it.

Many of the top guys have **** connection. I run 150/150 up and down. Since I'm in New York my ping/latency on Xbox is 45. Not bad considering I'm pinging to the west coast. Now I've played many good guys and have beaten them all. Sometimes I face guys with very low ground and sub defense yet I can't tap them. The gates move so fast and even denials and fakes are all messed up. Many of them guys from Europe have a weird connection. Not laggy but more like frames dropping. It's like the game puts me one second behind. I wish they would come up with something to resolve this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-24-2017, 04:29 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboybx
Many of the top guys have **** connection. I run 150/150 up and down. Since I'm in New York my ping/latency on Xbox is 45. Not bad considering I'm pinging to the west coast. Now I've played many good guys and have beaten them all. Sometimes I face guys with very low ground and sub defense yet I can't tap them. The gates move so fast and even denials and fakes are all messed up. Many of them guys from Europe have a weird connection. Not laggy but more like frames dropping. It's like the game puts me one second behind. I wish they would come up with something to resolve this issue.

As someone from Europe I can confirm that I have the same playing guys from the US. Yesterday I had 3 lags in a row and 2 out of the 3 knew they were lagging big time as they were spamming either the crane kick (Condit) or takedown (Mir). The match against Mir I wasnt able to deny anything, so I just quit, even though it was ranked.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:31 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboybx

I hate one kind of lag, when i press the button and have a delay... so hard to control stamina, I feel like my fighter consume to much stamina and the other fighter is much more faster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
I hate one kind of lag, when i press the button and have a delay... so hard to control stamina, I feel like my fighter consume to much stamina and the other fighter is much more faster

I know exactly what you're saying. It's like you're stuck in the mud and the dude is running around you so freely.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:01 AM   #13
Rookie

If you've read GPD's posts you will know that the game runs as a simulation and needs inputs from both players before it will change the game state. So it depends on both players' connections and fixing yours will not improve things if the other guy has terrible packet loss and is playing from some Brazilian jungle. I don't know if they're willing and/or able to change that, but at the very least they need to let us filter by ping and connection quality - in quick fight if not in ranked modes.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #14
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I was reading about NBA 2k18 (that neighborhood mode looks sick) and they also mentioned that the netcode was written entirely over, and that the servers were getting beefed up, on a livestream.

Now I don't know if EA ever did this, but I definitely hope they also do these things at times. They never release such information unfortunately.

EA probably had better servers than 2K to begin with but I suppose there is always room for improvement and EA has much more titles on their name so they should be on top of any viable updates to the netcode, I hope they are.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #15
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I rarely ever encounter lag when playing Madden or Fifa. Matchmaking seems to be much better in those games for whatever reason. UFC needs to figure this out because I play more poor quality matches than I feel I should. We need a connection filtering option, or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #16
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I would love it if the devs could put this system in place:

- Before getting into a fight, check the connection and if it's unstable for both fighters and will result in unacceptable input lag & lag spikes, then don't even start the match and keep the players into a matchmaking state.

- If the game starts and someone starts lagspiking after the game has begun(aka doing it intentionally to cheat or someone else started using their internet which messed up the connection's speed) then have the game compensate the lag with some netcode, by having the lagger's strikes or clinch/takedown attempts do something illegal(kick someone in the groin or eye poke someone or have their mouth guard fall or if they are on the ground have the lagger throw a 6 to 12 elbow or eyepoke by trying to cut off the opponent's breathing) so that the referee will have a reason to step in and give them a warning.

Then the game kinda pauses for 15-30 sec until the other fighter "recovers"(aka until the connection issue is fixed) and if it happens a 2nd time, deduct points on the score card and if it happens 3 times, then the referee DQs the lager and ends the match.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-01-2017 at 05:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »