Home

A New commentator confirmed for EA UFC3.

This is a discussion on A New commentator confirmed for EA UFC3. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Red face Re: A New commentator confirmed for EA UFC3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
What if head movement was tied to the right stick? You could use foot work and head movement together.
Dude, you are a genius! Something like this really would be completely different from anything we've played before o_O

The basic things I can think of:
- Side step and weave / roll a hook (OvO, OvS) ((Towards a side and 180 right stick))
- Forward step and dip / duck a shot (OvO, OvS) << EA MMA sort of had this when shuffling in and out of range. ((Towards opponent & down on right stick, then release when ready to pop back up))
- Step across to outside angle then pivot (OvS) ((Slightly diagonal to opponent on left stick, slightly away from opponent on right stick, press & hold L1 & L2, spin your left stick to pivot))
(O=orthodox, S=southpaw)
- Slow / plodding steps with slipping (OvO, OvS) ((Left stick slightly towards the opponent, right stick quick flicks to slip punches as they come)) << This will probably be where it would truly shine. Subtle slips whilst moving feet towards opponent. For a faster version, hold the left stick further towards the opponent to really stalk them. Follow up with a huge hay maker for maximum damage!

Your head will move according to when / how you move the right stick, while your legs will go with the left stick, allowing for a lot of skill.

Heck, pivoting could be a thing too! Just tie a button in and make it plant the front or rear foot of the fighter, then all the player has to do is slide the left stick and their character performs a pivot according to how they slid / circled the left stick. Or a simpler version, press the plant foot button then flick the left stick in the direction you wish to pivot. Press a face button to throw a punch too.

Thing is, if the right stick is indeed head movement while the left is body movement, they have to be careful to limit the movement to realistic motions i.e. if a fighter's upper half goes way over their centre of gravity say he leans heavily right whilst moving legs left, either the fighter should topple over or they should be seriously vulnerable to a huge KO shot, or it should just reset the head to wherever the lower torso is. I mean, in such a position, it's near impossible to move anyway (try leaning to your left whilst moving your lower body to the right - now imagine a head kick coming your way).

Anyway, even the basic rolling shots side to side & diagonally, ducking under whilst going forward, and slips whilst stalking, are all useful. These might be achievable without tying the right stick to head movement, but having it tied to button presses will make it a lot more automated than the manual method, which allows more expression and skill to come through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #26
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: A New commentator confirmed for EA UFC3.

Some possibility i just thought of:

What if it's kind of like the for honor system, where you kinda change your stance with the right stick?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
One guy mentions the replay should tell what happened "I think it's a ???", can't make much of it. And then the guy in the blue shirt mentions he got caught with a left straight after throwing a legkick?

Yeah I agree, that is quite interesting.

Also the Felice Herrig instagram video was deleted.

I never saw that comment so I don't know about that, but if he did say that, yeah that is pretty significant. I did read how gamechangers mentioned the striking controls were changed in a way it'd take some time getting used to again (I think?) so that should contribute to that too.

And yeah, looking at both guys use their controller and how the fight ended, it definitely appears as if they are striking and that Corey Anderson was able to move his head while walking. While the other guy was striking, he was using the right analog, or atleast attempt to, and that happened twice in the video. So that is definitely likely.
I can confirm this. You wont be able to solely rely on your UFC 2 knowledge when it comes to striking.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #28
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
I heard it clearly.

Starts with a V.
I went as far as cutting out the line of the video and slow it down and still could not make any sense of it. I give up.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
This video actually might give us a little information besides Jon Anik being in the game. It definitely sounds like they are standing and striking, so why is he touching the right stick so much? Is he clinching or going for take downs? I doubt it. This is obviously speculation but, it looks like the right stick might play a part in defense or some kind of stance manipulation. Even just before the finish you see him holding the right stick up, and from what they said about the finish, Corey's opponent was throwing a left kick so I don't believe they were clinching. Of course he could have been going to a clinch, but again I doubt that. They are most likely just standing and banging so I would imagine the right stick is playing a role in the stand up striking this time around. We can also see that it's not stick control striking, as some have speculated, as they are clearly hitting the buttons to throw strikes.

Good analysis man. MartialMind stated alot of interested details from playing EA UFC 3. Things such as how we'll all need to learn the game from scratch. Our EA UFC 2 skills will not translate into EA UFC 3 it's a new game. EA UFC 3's controls will confuse us at first but once we get the hang of it we'll appreciate what EA has done with the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the analog sticks are used for Head movement, blocking or parries. EA has done that with past Fight Night's games for either of those functions as well with EA MMA for parries and strike catching mapped on the analog.

It just leaves alot of questions though, such as what will need a modifer button or not, and where will the controller mapping be for various mechanics such as takedown offense/defense, clinch offense/defense. If some form of strike defense is mapped on the stick now and doesn't require a modifer what game mechanic replaced it's mapping position in the control scheme? We shall see soon enough.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #30
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I can confirm this. You wont be able to solely rely on your UFC 2 knowledge when it comes to striking.
Are all the directional buttons in use for ea ufc 3?
Old 09-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Are all the directional buttons in use for ea ufc 3?
Cant get into details yet. I'll let EA do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I went as far as cutting out the line of the video and slow it down and still could not make any sense of it. I give up.
Yeah, best I could come up with is vulnerability. Didn't sound quite right but that's the closest word I could hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »