Home

Information Provided by MartialMind

This is a discussion on Information Provided by MartialMind within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #193
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Information Provided by MartialMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Maybe it could belong in EA UFC 3, in the sense of the "Finish the Fight" mechanic.

Even on the video example i gave, it's mostly happening in the pocket range, after the opponent is hurt and is trying to run away and survive.

What i'd hate to see, is this force field effect that EA UFC 2 has, when fighters get in the pocket range, instead of interacting, they are being held back from a force field, an invisible barrier, not allowing them to touch one another.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Maybe like Lyoto Machida and many other fighters in the pocket, in order to stay away from the pocket range, they start extending hands, slapping each other's hands and getting a hold of hands in order to figure out their opponent's timing and set-up strikes. This is also how guys like Cormier usually engage in the single collar clinch, instead of instantly lunging into a clinch, like in EA UFC 2.

When you use the right stick away from the opponent, you extend your arm and try to keep away from the pocket range(Jon Jones hand extension style or weidman in this photo) When you use the right stick torwards the opponent, you grab them to get in the pocket (Anderson Silva, 1 handed style, if they grab back you engage in single collar clinch). When you move the right stick up or down you try to slap the opponent's extended arm or try to open up their blocking, in order to allow yourself to get in the pocket and open up for a strike.

(you don't have to hold the right stick, just flick it and your fighter looks as if he is locking into a stance, different stances for differenet ranges)

What do you think?
What weidman is doing now is against the rules now, he will need to close his finers into a fist.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #194
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
What weidman is doing now is against the rules now, he will need to close his finers into a fist.
Depends on where the fight is and who the ref is. (Unfortunately)
Old 09-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #195
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Weidman gonna mess around and poke somebody's eye out doing that stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #196
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

he can still do the exact same thing with his fingers pointing down. So he can still use hands to measure distance. disturb the other fighter. etc.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:20 PM   #197
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
"You can move like Cruz" is such an incredibly vague statement though... That literally doesn't actually explain anything..

Like, what does that actually even mean? There are shifting strikes in the game? More fluid stance switches? Better feints?, can you use Darts now? A Pivot mechanic?

Like what does "Cruz movement" actually mean for gameplay mechanics and controls??

Saying you can move like Cruz doesn't actually reveal anything at all.

It still feels like everyone else moves the same even on the trailer.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:30 PM   #198
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveChuckLidell
It still feels like everyone else moves the same even on the trailer.
Bizarre bump. Excellent username!

When I was reading the first post about macgregor and Cruz I got excited thinking this was about UFC4. This makes me wanna take anything I hear with a grain of salt now because in hindsight that was such an overhyped assessment of what to expect from the game.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:16 AM   #199
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Lmao these bumps. Got me wondering what he meant about Career mode though, because this game's career mode was the worst out of all the EA UFC games, and probably the worst in any sports game ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »