Home

Starving for new info on EA UFC3.

This is a discussion on Starving for new info on EA UFC3. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Starving for new info on EA UFC3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach

Headmovement on the right stick is not enough to make the controls completely different. EA MMA had a strike modifier for kicks if anyone remembers. Me personally I've always to see what an MMA game would be like if they used the button striking scheme Fight Night uses. Instead of copying the same format UFC Undisputed has been using for it's striking where the left stick direction you press effects the type of strike thrown.
If this were the direction it was going with Fight Night style striking and there were a kick modifier, where is our body modifier, clinch/takedown modifier, and strong strike modifier? There just isn't enough buttons on the controller to do all of this if we are using two buttons for block(which needs to stay in my opinion).
Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 PM   #50
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
So in my mind right stick head movement is all but confirmed. My original comment about it got a reaction from a game changer and GPD so it felt like I was possibly right. Now Zombie mentioning some one was "spot on" about their guess and me posting it was my guess he was talking about and the reaction that comment got has basically confirmed that right stick head movement is in. Some are saying that's not that big of a change, but it is. Head movement not stopping your foot work is HUGE. Striking and head movement being on the same hand is also a huge change. I'm still not sure how it will work while maintaining fluidity and responsiveness. The head movement can be responsive and the striking can be responsive, but using them simultaneously? I can't wait to see some details about this.
Currently in EA UFC 2, if you lean on one side, there is a small delayed window, where you can throw a modified strike.

They'll either maintain that logic or they'd do something like the "For Honor" system:

In that game you lock onto a side to defend incoming strikes from that side and you can begin unique strikes depended on what position you are locked on.

So my guess for UFC 3, if they are using head movement on the right stick, you might be kind of locking into a stance temporarily, by using head movement and the head will appear to have a tendency to duck in a certain way, so that your fighter will dodge strikes and duck in a particular direction?

Last edited by manliest_Man; 09-23-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:13 AM   #51
Rookie

Being able to move and use head movement at the same time would be huge. I wonder if they have relaxed the restrictions on movement enough to where the fighters aren't as tethered together as they were in the past.

I would love to be able to have a wider range of angles on opponents, being able to throw a straight directly from your opponents side making a clean and deep connection with the chin causing a one punch knockout, that's the dream right there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Currently in EA UFC 2, if you lean on one side, there is a small delayed window, where you can throw a modified strike.

They'll either maintain that logic or they'd do something like the "For Honor" system:

In that game you lock onto a side to defend incoming strikes from that side and you can begin unique strikes depended on what position you are locked on.

So my guess for UFC 3, if they are using head movement on the right stick, you might be kind of locking into a stance temporarily, by using head movement and the head will appear to have a tendency to duck in a certain way, so that your fighter will dodge strikes and duck in a particular direction?
I don't see the For Honor style suggestion you made being a good implementation for head movement. It would require you to only have 4 stances and you wouldn't have true control over your head movement if you are locking it to one of the directions. As for the head movement leaving you in the desired leaning direction for a moment to allow you to strike from that position is much better, but as I have said before may cause it to not feel as responsive as you might like. I am just speculating on that last point though because I would need to play it and feel it to know for sure. I can just see how it might be less fluid if my character is getting locked into a position for any amount of time. This really is the only solution I can think of though to allow head movement and striking to happen simultaneously since they are on the same side of the controller requiring the same hand for input. I have faith in the development team to make it work though.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
If this were the direction it was going with Fight Night style striking and there were a kick modifier, where is our body modifier, clinch/takedown modifier, and strong strike modifier? There just isn't enough buttons on the controller to do all of this if we are using two buttons for block(which needs to stay in my opinion).

I'll use an Xbox Controller as an example. It's possible. But
What I'm talking about is without right stick headmovement just so that's clear. And I wish we had a strong strike modifier but I don't think we'll get that back like EA UFC 1 had. But I do believe that technique/ power could be one button. Some of these buttons could be moved around but what I was thinking in terms of fight night style is this but modified for MMA.

LB- Technique Modifier/ Power Modifer Combined
RB- Kick Modifer
LT- Headmovement/ Body Modifer/ Takedown Modifer
RT- Block( RT + Right Stick Up = High Block
RT + Right Stick Down = Low Block)
RT + Right Stick Forward = Clinch Deny
RT+ Right Stick Backwards = Takedowns Deny
LB + Right Stick Forward= Single Collar or Muay Thai Clinch
LT+ Right Stick Forward/ Backwards = Takedowns
LT+ LB + RS Forward/ Backwards Technique Takedowns
RS+ Forward = Over Under Clinch
LB + RS Backwards= Body Lock Clinch/ Double Underhooks
__________________________________________________ ________

Punches/ Elbows

X= Jab
Y= Cross
A= Left Hook
B= Right Hook
X+A = Left Uppercut
Y+ B = Right Uppercut

LT+ Headmovement Down + X = Body Jab
LT+ Headmovement Down + Y = Body Straight
LT+ Headmovement Down + A = Body Left Hook
LT+ Headmovement Down + B = Body Right Hook
LT+ Headmovement Down + X+A = Left Body Uppercut
LT+ Headmovement Down + Y+B= Right Body Uppercut

LB+ X Technique Strike Or Power Punch
LB + Y Technique Strike Or Power Punch
LB + A Technique Strike Or Power Punch
LB + B Technique Strike Or Power Punch
LB + X+A Technique Strike Or Power Punch
LB + Y+B Technique Strike Or Power Punch
LB+ LT + Headmovement Down +Any Strike = Power Body Punches, (Jabs, Straights, Hooks, & Uppercuts)
__________________________________________________ ____
Kicks/ Knees

RB + X = Left Body Kick
RB + Y = Right Body Kick
RB + A = Left Leg Kick
RB + B = Right Leg Kick
RB + X+A = Left Head Kick
RB + Y+ B = Right Head Kick
LT+ RB + A Left Knee To Body
LT+ RB + B Right Knee To Body
LB + RB + X= Technique Left Body Kick( Spinning, Jumping, Or Flying)
LB + RB + Y = Technique Right Body Kick( Spinning, Jumping, Or Flying)
LB + RB + A= Technique Left Head Kick( Spinning, Jumping, Flying)
LB + RB + A = Technique Right Head Kick( Spinning, Jumping, Flying)
LB + RB+ X+ A = Extra Technique Left Kick
LB + RB + Y+B = Extra Technique Right Kick

And if Headmovement is any more similar to fight night then other strikes can also be modified based off Headmovement position. Such as leaning to your left/ forward then throwing a right hook will allow another way to throw an overhand right. Or vice versa for an overhand Left.

It's kind of alot but just something I've been considering. The current EA UFC 1 & 2 striking copied off of UFC Undisputed is not bad. I just don't see anything about moving the headmovement to the right stick drastically changing stand up enough to where we need to relearn the game as Martial Mind said and also the big changes GDP said that has been done for the stand up compared to the ground.

The GC'S know they just can't speak on it.

But I am curious in more depth of what you or anyone else feels that would make the controls in EA UFC 3 different then EA UFC 2, while keeping in mind Martial Mind saying we will all need to learn how to play EA UFC 3, and the controls are completely different. Basically our beast striking of EA UFC 2 supposedly won't translate to EA UFC 3 with all of the stand up changes.

As well I'm curious about if you feel if Headmovement is on the right stick is it just there naturally with no modifer? Or with a modifer? And would you prefer clinch and takedown denials still be mapped with block as it is now? If you do feel Headmovement is on the right stick and no longer needs a modifier then what new mechanic will take it's place?
Old 09-24-2017, 03:53 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
As well I'm curious about if you feel if Headmovement is on the right stick is it just there naturally with no modifer? Or with a modifer? And would you prefer clinch and takedown denials still be mapped with block as it is now? If you do feel Headmovement is on the right stick and no longer needs a modifier then what new mechanic will take it's place?
Your example works well if head movement is not on the right stick like you said, but I believe it will be. I was thinking no modifier for head movement. Nothing would necessarily take it's place. I was thinking full range head movement on the right stick. Blocks would be the same, R1/R2. As for L1/L2, L1 would remain the same as a strike modifier and L2 would be used for body strikes and L2+RS up would block clinch and L2+RS down would block take downs. The only thing I cant really figure out with my layout is how do you clinch? Take downs would be the same as they currently are, so I'm not sure where clinch fits in. Maybe L2+RS forward is clinch while take downs require a half circle turn?

In terms of the controls being drastically different, I'm not so sure they will be as different as you are thinking based on Martial Minds comment. The head movement being moved the the RS allows a lot more in terms of movement and defense. This may have been why Martial felt we will need to re learn the stand up. It's because so much more is possible now with just a small change. Of course take down/clinch defense would take some getting used to as well due to the triggers being switched to the other side. I could be wrong though and there are way more drastic changes to the controls. Just my two cents.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:27 AM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Your example works well if head movement is not on the right stick like you said, but I believe it will be. I was thinking no modifier for head movement. Nothing would necessarily take it's place. I was thinking full range head movement on the right stick. Blocks would be the same, R1/R2. As for L1/L2, L1 would remain the same as a strike modifier and L2 would be used for body strikes and L2+RS up would block clinch and L2+RS down would block take downs. The only thing I cant really figure out with my layout is how do you clinch? Take downs would be the same as they currently are, so I'm not sure where clinch fits in. Maybe L2+RS forward is clinch while take downs require a half circle turn?

In terms of the controls being drastically different, I'm not so sure they will be as different as you are thinking based on Martial Minds comment. The head movement being moved the the RS allows a lot more in terms of movement and defense. This may have been why Martial felt we will need to re learn the stand up. It's because so much more is possible now with just a small change. Of course take down/clinch defense would take some getting used to as well due to the triggers being switched to the other side. I could be wrong though and there are way more drastic changes to the controls. Just my two cents.

I know what you mean, it's just to speculate off the small info that has been leaked so far. But based off what has been said there definitely are some changes to EA UFC 3's stand up.

I've been rewatching that footage over and over and I just can't help but think of what is going on in the match Corey is having. When you look at the buttons he pressed most it would be Square and Circle. He didn't use Triangle really. And he occasionally pressed X.
I also noticed Corey did not use R1, but he did use R2, L1, & L2 alot as well. I seen Corey press R2 & up on the right stick often as well.

Now if we think in EA UFC 2 controls for striking that would mean Corey won by using mostly one arm and one leg to win. Which is curious in itself since martial said you will get killed if you try to spam in EA UFC 3.

The Dev or whoever Corey was playing I watched his button presses as best as I could. He used all of the shoulder and trigger buttons. But mostly R2, L1, & L2. I seen him also press the right stick down plus, R2. Which is the current takedown deny configuration in EA UFC 2.

The most interesting thing about Headmovement on the move is the fact that EA UFC's current strike scheme is effected by if you're throwing strikes from a stationary position, moving forward or backwards with the left stick.

Just like this.

Example PS4 Control:
-> + Square = Left Hook
<- + Square = Left Uppercut
Square = Jab.

-> + Triangle = Right Hook
<- + Triangle = Right Uppercut
Triangle = Straight.

How fluid this would work with a headmovement separate from Footwork I don't know. Will we be able to control what strike we throw regardless of the direction we move? I don't think so. Will Headmovement be anything like UFC Undisputed where the direction you sway effects what strike you throw? I don't know.

We will see the whole controls in it's time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #56
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
I just rewatched that video with Corey playing the game and I did notice a few things. Corey definitely didn't use L2 much which is EA UFC 2's current Head movement/ Body strike modifier.

The Dev or whoever Corey was playing didn't use R1 & R2 at all.

Also the way Corey was pressing the face buttons either meant he was spamming the right hook since he pressed square alot while moving forward, or the games controls really did change to be like Fight Night where (Square is Jab), (Triangle is Cross), (X is Left Hook), & (Circle is Right Hook.) Which would mean Corey was pumping out a jab or cross depending on his stance.

It's just speculation but that's the only way I can see the controls being completely different, and the only way I see us being able to do things we weren't able to do before. Because Fight Nights control scheme allows for strikes to be thrown regardless of what direction you are moving, side to side, backwards, forward. Meaning I could chase my opponents down with jabs, straights, Instead of having to stop moving to throw a jab or straight like we have to on EA UFC 2.

Headmovement on the right stick is not enough to make the controls completely different. EA MMA had a strike modifier for kicks if anyone remembers. Me personally I've always to see what an MMA game would be like if they used the button striking scheme Fight Night uses. Instead of copying the same format UFC Undisputed has been using for it's striking where the left stick direction you press effects the type of strike thrown.

Think about any fighting game you've played and the control scheme it had regardless if it was a simulation game, or arcade. Or a mixture of both.

There's literally only been controls similar to what UFC Undisputed had, Fight Night TPC, FSC & Fight Night Face Buttons, Don Kings Prize Fighter, EA MMA. EA UFC 1 & 2

Bellator FC, Supremacy MMA, Pride FC, UFC Tapout 1& 2, UFC Sudden Impact. Which were all arcade style MMA games.

Tekken, DOA, KOF, & Street Fighter.

Clearly EA UFC 3 is not going the arcade scheme route, and it's not going to stick striking. If the controls for EA UFC 3 are that different then both EA UFC 1 & 2 the only thing I see left is something similar to the face button striking like Fight Night or Prize Fighter uses, which gets rid of having to press backwards and punch to throw an uppercut like we have in EA UFC and UFC Undisputed.

The face button type of striking that Fight Night uses is the only type of striking we haven't seen in a MMA game yet. EA MMA didn't even have this they just used the same formula that EA UFC & UFC Undisputed has for button striking.
This would be a great idea. We can only hope that they utilize something like FNC button controls where strikes like a jab can be thrown regardless of direction. For instance, walking down an opponent with jabs and straights like you mentioned. It looked like Corey was hitting square a lot while walking backwards though, so I can't be sure whether they fixed the direction = type of strike problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »