Home

Leaked Images Confirm Pride Mode In UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Leaked Images Confirm Pride Mode In UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2017, 01:55 AM   #9
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Leaked Images Confirm Pride Mode In UFC 3?

Its not legit, Pride ring has 5 ropes not 3.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:27 AM   #10
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
Concerning Pride FC I remember Brizzo said, "We need to get basics down first before expanding to stuff like that. It didn't show up until the third version for the previous developers."

Will EA UFC 3 follow suit and finally get pride on their third version? I don't know. But we can only hope. It would be a big thing to have pride FC with next gen graphics and physics. Without a doubt such a mode would be bought as DLC if it wasn't in.

Considering EA UFC is actually developed by the EA Canada team who made Fight Night I'm kind of surprised they didn't include any game modes as DLC like FNR4 or FNC with old school boxing rules and bare knuckle mode.

Pride FC could be such a DLC mode, as well old-school UFC rules, with no judge scorecards the fight can only be won via ko, tko, or submission.
I wish, but don't get your hopes up. Their having enough issues as is getting gameplay right. Doubt they will focus on a whole other mode right now. I'll go out on a limb and say maybe in a 4th title? And that all depends on where their focus is.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:53 AM   #11
Pro

Oh I wish as well, but who knows. EA devs have known we wanted that since before EA UFC 1. On the bright side at least we can still play Undisputed 3 or EA MMA with Vale Tudo rules. I feel EA UFC 3 is going to be a beast of a game with or without Pride. It would just be nice to have since they put off Fight Night to focus on the EA UFC series.

That and I'm sure everyone has fought someone on EA UFC 2 online they wish they could use pride moves on. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 08:39 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I wish, but don't get your hopes up. Their having enough issues as is getting gameplay right. Doubt they will focus on a whole other mode right now. I'll go out on a limb and say maybe in a 4th title? And that all depends on where their focus is.
I love Pride and I loved it in UD3 but we have to start to question the value of it at this point. Pride has been gone for 10 yrs and the number of current UFC fighters who fought in Pride is getting smaller and smaller (Rua, Silva, Gomi, Barnett, Nick Diaz, Hunt, Overeem and Lil Nog).

That means EA would have to spend money on signing many of those Pride era fighters separately. I would rather they spend resources and time on getting more current fighters in the game.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #13
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I love Pride and I loved it in UD3 but we have to start to question the value of it at this point. Pride has been gone for 10 yrs and the number of current UFC fighters who fought in Pride is getting smaller and smaller (Rua, Silva, Gomi, Barnett, Nick Diaz, Hunt, Overeem and Lil Nog).

Pride will always be relevant because of the history it has in the sport of MMA. It's rules and moveset brings something very unique to this game. It has an entirely different presentation and atmosphere.
EA can make 5 different venues in their game but at the end of the day they'll all be the same.

Pride's presentation, commentary, lighting, it might as well be an entirely different game.

I'm sure a lot of money, time and effort is involved in creating a mode like this, but it adds a lot to the game.

I can see why people want all of the biggest new prospects in the game. I personally value the established and proven fighters much more. Many of these prospects are going to get shut down and may never even hit the top 5 of their divisions.

These established Pride fighters, and the opportunity to match them against current-day fighters, is something that can only exist in this game.

Pride will be the way Fedor makes it into an UFC game. When all these vulture managers finally left the guy alone when he is retired, I can see them being able to sign him. It might not happen anytime soon but it is eventually going to happen.

Last edited by Yaari; 10-02-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #14
MVP

Trillz's Arena

tbh i dont think pride mode will be made for these games, the demand isnt there plus with these new MMA fans they dont know the history of pride.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

That means EA would have to spend money on signing many of those Pride era fighters separately. I would rather they spend resources and time on getting more current fighters in the game.
Yh same. Like Yaari said though, I value the established guys a bit more. If I had it my way, I'd want them all though...the legends and more current fighters. For me UD3 was like the ultimate mma gaming experience cuz it gave you the best of both worlds in Pride and the UFC. But I definitely don't see EA really attempting to do anything with Pride tbh.

Last edited by WarMMA; 10-02-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #16
Rookie

yeah i knew it was fake when people were giving props to ea for listening to their fans and putting in pride mode and working on dmg and story mode, thats when i knew the ss was fake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »